Author Topic: A few suggestions to make the game less rage-inducing.  (Read 2839 times)

sam6321

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
A few suggestions to make the game less rage-inducing.
« on: September 07, 2014, 04:20:11 AM »

This is for random encounters, not gameplay in the core.
  • NPCs just seem way too powerful, especially around starting areas. I really don't think it'd hurt to reduce their number and HP to allow newer players to have something to level up off. Obviously harder encounters could still be found further out
  • NPCs in encounters shouldn't spawn on top of players. I've had this happen a few times and they instantly gun me down and kill me. I don't think it'd be too hard to add a check and only spawn NPCs at spawn points away from players.
  • NPC humans have faster run speed than players. I have no idea why this is, it just makes them way too unfair to play against and having it lower would make combat a lot less frustrating.
  • The awareness starting quest is extremely frustrating, I'd have no problem killing golden geckos if I could only FIND them. I've been searching for hours and haven't come across one encounter with a single golden gecko. Certainly the criteria could be extended to something else like: "Kill 10 creatures" and having a list of possible creatures that could be killed to meet it.

I really want to be able to enjoy this game, but it's been proving extremely frustrating to play when every time I die it's been to something completely stupid and unavoidable. I understand that it's a very recent release, and I hope some fixes and changes can be made to make the game more enjoyable to play.

One last thing to note is that I play at a pretty high ping, around 400, and the effect of being hit by an enemy and then glitching and rubber banding forward and backward causing me to not be able to run properly (and consequently, being hit again) has been seriously bad. I don't know if there's any way to fix it because I've seen it in all FOnline games to date, but if something could be done to reduce it, that'd be amazing.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip