Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Equal numbers PvP  (Read 37300 times)

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Equal numbers PvP
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 06:44:36 AM »

I have excellent ping and can't win against 3 vs 10. No matter what you do, they'll win with number
Ya its possible to win these battles but you have to be extremely lucky and enemies do a fail mistake

You are contradicting yourself. You can't, you can....

In the end, we understand that you prefer equal number fight (only when you win because your ego is enormous) but most players who play fonline already play some other game with some kind of matchmaking (dota, lol, cs:go). There is already a huge abundance of games with matchmaking. Don't you think it would be interesting to develop AOP uniqueness ?

Also, you should avoid using swarm arguments because most of the time it just sound like you are crying and cannot differentiate  emotions and logical reasoning.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 03:30:29 PM »

For once I completely agree with Nao. Don't take the only thing going on in the core away from it. Instead put EVERYTHING in the core to increase core activity.

And for once I agree with Caboose.

FrankenStone

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2015, 08:31:10 PM »

For once I completely agree with Nao. Don't take the only thing going on in the core away from it. Instead put EVERYTHING in the core to increase core activity.
bloody noobs this womt happen , just look on changelogs from the whole past plus devs stated that they dont focus on pve stuff . All stuff nao ppinting at is great , I would like to see more content aswell but on the other hand I know that it will never be like I would make it becoz its not my server so its allright . Better enjoy ww2 dlc or play wolfenstein .

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 03:34:09 AM »

Ya...lets force people to go to core if they want to do anything. Kill shit, farm, grind. What would happen when someone has to go to a certain location but BB swarm around it. What would happen if the guy retrieves a quest package, dies while heading back to gate cause V-Tec swarm spawned on him? Players will quit and soon we'll go to current state of the server.

And I love how niamak waits till I say that one mistake.

Also, you should avoid using swarm arguments because most of the time it just sound like you are crying and cannot differentiate  emotions and logical reasoning.
Sorry, STALKER can't differentiate

Anyways, a perfect example why this should be implemented. V-Tec obviously knew by timer there was 4 Lawyers capping 3 lawyers capping...knowing Vtec there's probably more in the smoke and outside the house(Thanks Sunders for screen)
Spoiler for Hiden:

« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:40:58 AM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

paragon

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 05:36:47 AM »

>  V-Tec obviously knew by timer

noob.

The problem with you that you can't separate intentions to make reasonable suggestions from personal feelings and interests. Thus your suggestions appear to be compromised in advance.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 05:45:14 AM by paragon »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2015, 05:57:15 AM »

Stalker>
- Regardless if it is solo or multiplayer game, every action you try isn't supposed to automatically work. You can encounter difficulties or actual barriers that would prevent or render difficult your action. It is a game.
- You can encounter the vtec swarm, you can encounter a few neutral guys, you can encounter your friends, you can encounter a big group of allies from your own faction, you can encounter strong npc, you can encounter no one. It is the fun or multiplayer mmo randomness. Nothing is predetermined. As a side note, the swarm won't necessery follow you all the time. (especially without automatic capturing)
- When you register in the game, you are automatically part of a team. You can follow said team in the waste/core, if you are too afraid to walk alone. Or you can stick to your own zones to be defended by the militia. Two things that don't happen in the other servers, and YET, they have many people playing.
- Also, contrary to other server, the instant-kill doesn't (or almost doesn't) exist. So you still have the possibility of escaping the enemy if you don't want to fight.
- And if you want to do action X in zone Z, but faction Y is occupying that zone, you can do something else in another zone in the time being, providing there is enough kinds of activity. (Contrary to now, when there is no PVP, you have nothing else to do.) Then, faction Y won't stay forever there and you could go back after.

PS: About swarms, i would prefer if the swarmers make effort on the issue. Everyone is losing because of this, not just the swarmed. It reduces the motivation of players to do PVP.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:00:08 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2015, 06:38:32 AM »

Anyways, a perfect example why this should be implemented. V-Tec obviously knew by timer there was 4 Lawyers capping 3 lawyers capping...knowing Vtec there's probably more in the smoke and outside the house(Thanks Sunders for screen)
Spoiler for Hiden:

Im starting to understand stalkers number system, 3 is equal to our 5 (Cyrax, Larve, Grizzly, Stem, Data)

Anyway, arena mode wouldn't solve anything except taking away most of the freedom and uniqueness of this game.
Dynamic battles is what defines AoP. Dynamic as in the size of a battle is never fixed, there's always the possibility of reinforcements or even the third faction joining any battle (as opposed to pvp in other servers where its always the same clans against each other, the same would happen here, it would just be groups of friends who do arena together and never play otherwise). Also dynamic in the sense of map mobility. AoP is the only server in which you can reappear behind the enemy in 1 minute thanks to open maps and a sewer system, instead of fighting on the same old maps of a single player game that have never been designed for team battles. Introducing dedicated arena maps is just taking it a step back and making battles as predictable as in other servers.

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2015, 07:05:03 AM »

I have to agree with stalker here. He is bestest player on the AOPS and because of this he can't lose. If he does lose it means opponent is cheating.

Stalker's screenshot clearly proves that there were 0.42 lawyers against 1123 tecs and he would have won even that cos he elite but tecs cheated by using tier advantage.

Vtec couldn't know shit by timer because whole evening General Stalker was hiding in sewers with 50 smoke grenades filming himself. Putting 2 people in map to lure and hiding the rest in sewers or on a friendly map.

Seriously Lawyers if you want to win battles you need to start ignoring this clown and start listening to Windrunner or Count Matthew or anyone who has an actual clue about how this game works.
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2015, 07:12:06 AM »

Videos with Stalker and his smoke grenades were funs, IMO.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2015, 01:31:19 PM »

The bitch's comment  :D
umh....sure, go back to swarming. Literally the only time you go PvP  ::)

I have to agree with stalker here. He is bestest player on the AOPS and because of this he can't lose. If he does lose it means opponent is cheating.

Stalker's screenshot clearly proves that there were 0.42 lawyers against 1123 tecs and he would have won even that cos he elite but tecs cheated by using tier advantage.

Vtec couldn't know shit by timer because whole evening General Stalker was hiding in sewers with 50 smoke grenades filming himself. Putting 2 people in map to lure and hiding the rest in sewers or on a friendly map.

Seriously Lawyers if you want to win battles you need to start ignoring this clown and start listening to Windrunner or Count Matthew or anyone who has an actual clue about how this game works.
I've actually never lead a battle, only give mere suggestions on what to do. Usually the team ends up doing whatever they want. If I did want to lead a battle, I wouldn't allow the team take the worst weapons they take (Plasma cannon too small fights, seriously?)

- Regardless if it is solo or multiplayer game, every action you try isn't supposed to automatically work. You can encounter difficulties or actual barriers that would prevent or render difficult your action. It is a game.
What actions exactly? I don't understand this but I'm assuming you mean tactics.

- You can encounter the vtec swarm, you can encounter a few neutral guys, you can encounter your friends, you can encounter a big group of allies from your own faction, you can encounter strong npc, you can encounter no one. It is the fun or multiplayer mmo randomness. Nothing is predetermined. As a side note, the swarm won't necessery follow you all the time. (especially without automatic capturing)
lol "Encounter few neutral guys" Everyone has the mindset that you must shoot each other in the core. BB encounters 2 family, they'll fight, however,  RARELY I've seen 2 guys from different factions walk together, and I wandered the core  a lot with courier. The only time I've saw a group of allies were BB and family but look at them now. Oh and ya, swarm does follow you. V-Tecs sees 1 guy capping, they need 3+ guys to kill  ::)

- When you register in the game, you are automatically part of a team. You can follow said team in the waste/core, if you are too afraid to walk alone. Or you can stick to your own zones to be defended by the militia. Two things that don't happen in the other servers, and YET, they have many people playing.
http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=1934.0
http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=1550.msg10667#msg10667
http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=1188.0

This what happens when you're automatically part of a "team"

- And if you want to do action X in zone Z, but faction Y is occupying that zone, you can do something else in another zone in the time being, providing there is enough kinds of activity. (Contrary to now, when there is no PVP, you have nothing else to do.) Then, faction Y won't stay forever there and you could go back after.
PS: About swarms, i would prefer if the swarmers make effort on the issue. Everyone is losing because of this, not just the swarmed. It reduces the motivation of players to do PVP.
If i'm not mistaken, PvP is the whole point of AoP, of course people would want to go enemy zone.

@Ramon

It's not arena mode, its something on the side for equal #s small scale fights. And as I said somewhere, it can be a 4-6 faction way fight but with equal numbers. ZC can't be the only PvP out there. People get frustrated by all these shit players in every faction. You have guys that don't know shit, guys still attempting to one hex, guys that put spectacles in the utility, people that don't squad up, spies, shitters that don't want to go to voice comms so they become a meatshield to the people that are. I can go on and on about how bad randoms are and IMO one of the reasons what makes this game shitty. You guys really expect EVERYONE to form groups and go to this if it were available?

Look at reloaded. Hinkley is there but people still go Town Control out of it (Only place for PvP other than encounters). Sadly only new feature since "wipe" was CTRL shooting with rockets so PvP is dead there now.

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2015, 01:46:13 PM »

eh

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2015, 05:25:34 PM »

By action, i mean everything, regardless if it is scavenging, PVE, PVP, questing, etc... Everything should have its share of risks. Of course, not all kind of action should bear the same risk. Some actions should be a bit safer, with lower reward, so new player get used to the game.

PVP is currently the most complete feature in AOP, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't endorse other usual aspects of FOnline MMOs. It is even necessary if they want to attract other kinds of players.

About TKing, it only happened within VTEC or very specific situations when player X is angry agains't player Y. Other than that, most new players were welcomed quite well in factions i've been part, especially when the overall number of player started to decrease.

About neutral players, i mean every player that don't shoot other players (of different factions) on sight, outside of ZC. With auto-capturing those situation were less frequent, but there was quite a bunch of players that wouldn't shoot you on sight, before it was implemented. I can name Count Matthew, Vault Boy or myself, for instance. (and many new players are also initially quite pacifist at first, considering they aren't good at PVP and don't want to risk their stuff) And even after auto-capture was implemented, we were spared by quite a lot of players when we were playing factionless. Neutrality is already a thing in AOP, even if it is not quite frequent. At the other end of the spectrum, there was also other players playing lone wolf, attacking other players (from other factions) on sight, even when they were alone, like Komrade, Hellmoi or Redrum. (i am not blaming those three. It is the risk when you wander in the wasteland. You can meet hostiles or friendly fellows. You never know)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 05:31:35 PM by naossano »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2015, 09:46:41 PM »

TKing been in every faction... People kill each other for looting their friends gear or kill they got.

Also there's only like what, 10 "neutrals" when server had 200+. Either way not everyone is gonna be "neutral" Some shoot on sight, some run on sight, some will try to make peace but majority will shoot on sight. It's like DayZ when server gets 200+ players but everyone will be traveling in herds of their factions. Like one time when I was bb, I wanted to solo loot core but ended up having like 20 others follow me to PD and ended up fighting Vtec.

But anyways we're going off topic...

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2015, 03:42:05 AM »

I don't see what you are contradicting man.
I didn't say that neutrals were the majority of the playerbase. I only said they existed and you had some chances of encountering them when walking the wasteland.

(and TKing is a rare things that bring shame to the one comitting it)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2015, 04:34:20 AM »

Then...what was the point of posting about it?

How did it contribute to this suggestion?

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2015, 05:33:47 AM »

It was answering a previous post that was answering a previous one and so on...
People just don't ignore each other when they answer a thread.
In case you didn't noticed, you also talked about things not mentioned in the first post.
Anyway, if you stick to initial suggestion, no one want hinkley on AOP, so there isn't more to talk about it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:46:48 AM by naossano »

FrankenStone

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2015, 09:05:51 AM »

It was answering a previous post that was answering a previous one and so on...
People just don't ignore each other when they answer a thread.
In case you didn't noticed, you also talked about things not mentioned in the first post.
Anyway, if you stick to initial suggestion, no one want hinkley on AOP, so there isn't more to talk about it.

sralker rekt ... but other features wont introduced aswell huehue so i rekt u both

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2015, 09:08:40 AM »

I want equal number PVP in AOP. Especially if like it was said earlier, this would happen on periodic schedule. Pretty much like Dredgion in Aion.

Also it can affect the war between factions in some way (tier advancement or caps for faction) but matches themselves would be fair in terms of numbers and equipments.

FrankenStone

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2015, 09:39:57 AM »

I want equal number PVP in AOP. Especially if like it was said earlier, this would happen on periodic schedule. Pretty much like Dredgion in Aion.

Also it can affect the war between factions in some way (tier advancement or caps for faction) but matches themselves would be fair in terms of numbers and equipments.

yeh i would prefer this too , since we all know randoms killed this server ... when u start to fight with some guys thtat stay active they wont be randoms anymore but it would be good to decide otherwise u get that random meatshields , trolls everywhere ... aop shud just be simple pvp game imo not troll online .

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2015, 01:53:19 PM »

Well at current state of server with only the same 20 players playing, we don't officially know.

Just because you say no doesn't mean everyone else says no.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip