Author Topic: Carryweight screwing over sneakers  (Read 4741 times)

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Carryweight screwing over sneakers
« on: April 12, 2015, 05:10:27 AM »

Just from the last patch, the carryweight of my usual  loadout went from 14,9 kg to 38(!) kg. Thanks to cell consumption depending on current weight this has cut the time until the sneakboy runs dry into only 1/4th of the previous duration.

Regular characters dont care if you put more weight on consumables or randomly make a certain type of ammo weigh 10 times as much because even 1 Strength characters can reach 155 carryweight. While for sneakers a small increase already drastically cuts into the duration they can play.

The whole mechanic about weight increasing cell consumption adds nothing to pvp, in fact it punishes players for coming well prepared and needs to be removed/ reworked or at least hotfixed (1 cell/second per every 10 weight instead of every 5) so that i can play again.

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Carryweight screwing over sneakers
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 05:36:04 AM »

The whole sneaking mechanic needs rework.

The primary weapons of the sneaker should be the weapons made for them, that means that they need a rework too. As it stands only waki is worth it to use while the other sneak smgs and needler are to weak and have a very close range making the sneaker dead very fast. Still I believe that sneakers should have a malus of some kind for using not sneaking related weapons, unless we want to have sneaker minigunners again in the game :)

For the last 5? months I have seen sneakers use not sneak skill related weapons 99% of the time. Personally when I tried sneaker I didnt even try any of them cause their stats were already disappointing and I had much better choices in non sneak weapons.       

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 07:12:19 AM »

No.

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 12:40:45 PM »

try sterling smg and and stop parroting old sit bout snerkers
thou am all out decent update of waki just for kicks tryout the sterling it is fkn devastating smg
there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 03:14:57 PM »

Yeah sterling is okay, its no scorpio, but not shit either

90% of the time when youre attacking out of stealth with a real sneak weapon youre not getting any score though

I'd run out of caps after 2 weeks

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 12:34:29 PM »

IMO, carrying stuff should bring penalty to sneak, but it is currently a bit too high.
It wouldn't hurt if he was able to carry twice more stuff.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip