Author Topic: Unity4 (Request for help)  (Read 5520 times)

Stem Sunders

Unity4 (Request for help)
« on: February 14, 2015, 09:49:53 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
My apologies for this having nothing to do with AoP, please feel free to remove this thread if its not considered ok to be here.
Hello reader.

A while ago I started this scene in unity, I keep coming back to it as a little project.
But now I really want the "start game" option to actually start the game by loading the next scene once clicked.
I am not sure how to do it and the tutorials I have found all explain how to load a new scene by walking though "triggers" and such, but not by clicking on 3d text :/

I know its as easy as throwing a java script at the 3d text, I saw it done once.
But its been a while since I hit the road block and I still can't figure it out. :( >:(

Its incredibly frustrating as I know it can obviously be done. Right now the text changes from white to grey when hovered over and the next scene is "ready" to be linked.

If anyone knows the script or can point me in the right direction I would be forever grateful.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Again sorry to post this request here, but the unity forums have so far been no help and I know a few people here also use unity. So on the off chance anyone knows what I'm talking about I posted here... Please don't judge the visuals too hard, its my first attempt at something like this, and the still screens do nothing to showcase all the moving lights, textures, particles and sound

I dont know if it matters but I should add this is the free version of unity not pro.

Thanks for reading.

*sigh*

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 10:31:31 AM by Stem Sunders »

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Unity4 (Request for help)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 01:04:27 PM »

dont have unity instaled right now but it shoud be simple just make on same script thet is for start game add script change collor of gui text, duno what exactly you want, you making some game in unity?

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 01:07:19 PM »

duno if i understand what you wanted exactly its kinda confusing

Stem Sunders

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 01:16:18 PM »

dont have unity instaled right now but it shoud be simple just make on same script thet is for start game add script change collor of gui text, duno what exactly you want, you making some game in unity?

I just need it to load a different scene when I click on "Start game"

Right now I have two scenes.
This one, and another that I want to be loaded up after "Start Game" has been pressed.

Dont know if I can make it less complicated than that  :-\

Thanks for replying.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 01:21:14 PM by Stem Sunders »

Stem Sunders

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 01:55:38 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Received help Via PM

PusiteGA, You are legend!

Really, Thank you. ;D Am so happy.

I can now click and actually be placed into the first level!

Progress baby  8)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 01:57:21 PM by Stem Sunders »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip