Author Topic: NPC that TPs to sewer base  (Read 5174 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

NPC that TPs to sewer base
« on: May 02, 2016, 04:15:28 PM »

Basically a teleporter in all factions that teleports players to faction base. Can be something like  "Oi mate, sneak me to the sewer base"

Why? So trading from different factions can go down peacefully, instead of risking of meeting somewhere, backstab, etc.

Wire

• Global Moderator
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: NPC that TPs to sewer base
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 09:35:40 PM »

oh hell no.
Look for the random entrance like the rest of us.
If you want I can store and trade your items for you there ;] I'll just ask for a small fee/payment in gear
(=<`#9]~6ZY32Vx/4Rs+0No-&Jk)"Fh}|Bcy?`=*z]Kw%oG4UUS0/@-ejc(:'8dc
irc: V_guessWho

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 09:40:57 PM »

Oh hey guys, I got this Gauss rifle I'm going to trade for a gazillion caps.

Oh wait, just died to enemy swarm while going to sewer

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's currently no way for people to trade from different factions...safely.

Wire

• Global Moderator
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 11:58:28 PM »

Why'd you even want to trade with enemy faction? What's the incentive?
I get the one if you are factionless, you're not an interested party. But isn't trading off your high tech gear to enemy is basicly betrayal? :|

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 03:15:39 AM »

I get the one if you are factionless, you're not an interested party. But isn't trading off your high tech gear to enemy is basicly betrayal? :|

Oh sure, let me only trade with the 15 players in my faction out of the 150 here. Also I used a gauss rifle as an example...C'mon Wire. Some people in other factions have bulk loads of what people need.

And why are you against this suggestion? It won't affect people's gameplay. I know it's another way for people to go to core but they're TP'd into a random sewer once they leave that location.

Or They should add a barter grounds similar from reloaded here in aop.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 04:52:35 AM »

Trading, communication, alliances, politics, give a much needed depth into the faction system, especially with the human factor involved.

I don't get why you want to keep it binary.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Wire

• Global Moderator
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 05:14:38 AM »

Oh sure, let me only trade with the 15 players in my faction out of the 150 here. Also I used a gauss rifle as an example...C'mon Wire. Some people in other factions have bulk loads of what people need.

And why are you against this suggestion? It won't affect people's gameplay. I know it's another way for people to go to core but they're TP'd into a random sewer once they leave that location.

I am not a fan of overly safe trading. You take a risk if you can afford it, it's same way in pvp.
Sure you can get scammed, but other people earn their name by being trustworthy that way in the long run. This being dumbed down to "safe no pvp easy peasy" mode just doesn't feel right in a game with every other mechanic encouraging player to take risks for profits.

And I also want a niche for factionless :[
And you get a tp to sewer for free while I have to search 5 maps for the elusive random entrance. Me jelly m8t
There's gotta be better solution for this. I am frankly too starved and sleep deprived to have a coherent discussion about this right now, but I hope you can see my points.

@Nao
If player factions were more flexible like in eve online, I'd agree with you, but currently they are pited against each other in pretty basic binary way.
Not to mention the upcoming "faction destruction" feature, which will set the world on fire
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:18:07 AM by Wire »

baskila

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 05:18:45 AM »

+1

Stem Sunders

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 05:37:12 AM »

Please remember, that while your character doesn't need to eat or sleep. You certainly do, Wire.

Is inter faction trading a thing? Cant say I've ever really known it to happen. Maybe I'm wrong. Only ever seen one or two WTT/WTB threads open and were they not they settled in faction?

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 05:46:31 AM »

No for safe location seriously. Use common sense when trading, take your friends with you, or gamble that your trading buddy wont shoot you in face. There is always old world map trading

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip