Author Topic: Attack type combinations  (Read 5999 times)

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Attack type combinations
« on: February 09, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »

While AoP is better balanced than most other fonline servers, you still dont see any big variety of weapons that are used during ZC. Of course some weapons get buffed, some are nerfed, but the pool of competitive weapons stays relatively small.

The following suggestion promotes more viable weapon choices without really buffing or weakening existing weapons

Anyway this is what i thought up:

- Players hit by normal and explosive damage get their armor ripped open. Lasers and electricity can penetrate them easier and do +20% damage for 5 seconds.

- Bodies shocked by electricity or exposed to intense lasers lose the ability to regulate a normal temperature. +20% vulnerability to fire and plasma for 5 seconds.

- The heat of fire and plasma attacks partially melts armor. Conventional bullets and the shrapnel of explosives have an easier time punching through "soft" armor. +20% damage for 5 seconds.

With debuffs like these the ideal ZC team would have to cover a big arsenal of weapons instead of just bringing whatever weapon is flavor of the month right now.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:10:18 PM by RazorRamon »

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Attack type combinations
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 04:35:29 PM »

lol what about spears xD

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 05:17:58 PM »

I wrote 'conventional bullets' but what i meant was just the normal damage type, which would include all non specialized spears

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 05:44:28 PM »

hahahah dude i was taking off your thread cuz i spaming about my spears all ower forum but i get your drift think only problem whit your suggestion smart teams will be too OP

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 07:37:48 PM »

only problem whit your suggestion smart teams will be too OP
How is this a problem? I think it's a great idea (generally), haven't given much thought to the numbers.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 04:48:01 AM »

Debuffs would be a very nice thing to add in AoP, especially like this one :

- Bodies shocked by electricity or exposed to intense lasers lose the ability to regulate a normal temperature. +20% vulnerability to fire and plasma for 5 seconds.

I mean if synergy between weapons were more developed, we would see a lot of diversity indeed on the battlefield  :) A type of weapon debuffing for another type of weapon allows good synergy and don't make weapon overpowered on 1v1, except if you switch weapon for high level chars who have 2 weapon skills 250 but it makes sense I think

The only thing is I think the numbers are too high, 20% AND 5 sec is a bit much imo

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 05:27:55 AM »

we are the swarm, we cary alot difrent weapons cuz we are the swarm, we swarm and win  :o

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 05:49:08 AM »

we are the swarm, we cary alot difrent weapons cuz we are the swarm, we swarm and win  :o

Yes because like that it doesn't work :
we are the swarm, we cary alot ohf weapons cuz we are the swarm, we swarm and win  :o

It will not have incidence on swarm gameplay, just on team gameplay. You'll see the difference more on small scale pvp (and on 1v1 if a high lvl character switches weapons as mentioned above). It will encourage more focusing fire, hopefully less and less people will randomly shoot the first target on sight without considering the fight. And it will help a good team to handle a swarm of randoms  :)

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 06:04:40 AM »

dude how it wont work when you swarm you for sure dont have all same gun so lower numbers cant cerry thet much effects, anywey i think if this gets implemented ( -1 vote from me) there shoud be contrabalance exaple if you do fire dmg to somone he is so dry on water so electro dmg to him does lower dmg but plasma does more, and by the wey go play Magicka  xD

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 06:33:21 AM »

dude how it wont work when you swarm you for sure dont have all same gun so lower numbers cant cerry thet much effects

I don't think you got the first sentence... irony ?

Anyway

there shoud be contrabalance exaple if you do fire dmg to somone he is so dry on water so electro dmg to him does lower dmg but plasma does more

YES YES YES even more interesting if debuffs had counter parts !!!

FrankenStone

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 06:41:33 AM »

dont we have already counterparts with different types of armor ? imo such thing is interesting but not needed becoz we have cmbt armors with good average resistances except electro , metal armor for more average resistance for some maluses plus its weakness against fire and electro than we have leather armor which is weak against plasma and lazers but very effective against electro plus fireleather which has high resistance of explode and fire dmg plus electro but again is weak against lazers and a bit weaker against normal dmg than cmbt armor , i think all in all we have good variation with armor traits and such things .

I would rather see a combat stealth armor ingame becoz i still think sneakers are a bit weak in leathercoat and it really hasnt any stats near a combat armor while its traits are fine

plus i think such system would negate the need of various armor classes in general , so for me its a no

I also think that something should be done to PA because the problem i see why nobody uses it in battle is simple its because its weak nowadays , lasergatling and some other new meta weapons do crazy damage to it . i think thats why most people are not interested in taking their pas to the battlefield , while i think that lasergatling is fine i dunno how to fix that issue because i know its comming from the weapon perks and if u buff laser DT DR from pa again u have 0 dmg from other lazer weapons to it so i think its a bit problematic ... because its not like smalltime said that people dont use it because its something rare and that making it buyable will solve that problem ... maybe give it some anti lasergat trait i dunno :P the plasma spear does crazy damage to it too 45 ap does nearly the dmg from a rocketlauncher , before that meta it was all fine some hth weapons did crazy damage which was only in close range , rad rifle did good damage for its ap cost and rocketlauncher did the best damage with the right ap use to it in comparison to other damages but now u have lasergatling which outdamage them in terms of dps plus that crazy plasma spear which does nearly same dmg as the rocketlauncher to it with very less ap than RL ...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:53:59 AM by FrankenStone »

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 09:12:59 AM »

about irony i dont get what you seying am i ironic or you?

I am for making more difrent armors  whit difrent stats then this Magica Wars suggestion

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 05:25:04 PM »

I kind of like this suggestion, but i dont like it as a general thing for every weapon. Maybe some weapons can have traits that work like that.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip