Author Topic: Stash spots  (Read 6455 times)

Hang-Lip

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Wastelander
  • Got a smoke?
    • View Profile
Stash spots
« on: October 02, 2015, 04:46:39 AM »

When will we be able to make our own stash maps at areas in the desert?

EDIT:Razor, this idea would work better as you could create a personnal stash spot near your factions gate, with no limitations on what you can put there. Kinda same idea as your mailbox, but without the magic. Would be awesome for factionless.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 09:30:20 AM by Hang-Lip »

AKA Ox-Skull.
Hang-Lip graffiti by Stem Sunders.

Stem Sunders

Re: Stash spots
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »

Hey Hang! Nice to see you around.

I think this would remove the need for faction bases and platoons somewhat, and indeed remove a lot of the interaction between players. Some may call it forced but I think its a good thing. An excellent thing in fact!

It would just be tents, no? Aside from using traders and such players would probably spend most of their downtime in these stash spots with a few select buddies perhaps.

Sure its the same for platoon bases. But I think there is something to be said about the amount of player interaction (Mostly good) caused by the "forced" sharing of space.

If I spent all of my time in a tent I would quickly loose track of who is who, what is what.

Giving players more options to isolate themselves only hurts everyone in the long run, imo...

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 01:35:16 PM by Stem Sunders »

Hang-Lip

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Wastelander
  • Got a smoke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 04:18:55 PM »

Definitely no crafting can be done there, trading will always need to be done at faction base.
When I first got base, I initially thought I could choose a spot on map, was quite dissapointed I couldn't.

Maybe allow platoon bases to be placed somewhere in the owned faction space i.e. The coloured area.

I'm a loner player. Like Ramon said its just a dead walk from base to faction gates. Why not make it shorter, for the continuity of  Pvp

If a player don't want interact, nothing guna stop them.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 04:44:20 PM by Hang-Lip »

AKA Ox-Skull.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 05:09:25 AM »

If a player don't want interact, nothing guna stop them.
Then why would this player bother with a multiplayer game ?
Interacting with other player is the whole point.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Hang-Lip

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Wastelander
  • Got a smoke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 07:11:04 AM »

Please name said interaction that happens in-game? Enlighten me.
Besides trash talking each other.

The only interaction is on this forum, and that is laughable.

Have fun playing with yourselves. :-*

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 07:12:36 AM by Hang-Lip »

AKA Ox-Skull.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 07:50:10 PM »

Please name said interaction that happens in-game? Enlighten me.
Besides trash talking each other.

The only interaction is on this forum, and that is laughable.

Have fun playing with yourselves. :-*

You must have missed his point entirely.....Unless you only play multiplayer games to humiliate people, make them angry, and stroke your ego (probably a fair part of Fonline tbh).
I have seen an insane amount of socialization on this server compared to pretty much any other fonline ever. I know the people I generally fight with, their attitudes, their weapon choices, and even their stances on random political issues because of the chat we have waiting for ZC haha.

I have to ask what the hell are you doing if you've never seen interaction besides shit-talk?

Hang-Lip

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Wastelander
  • Got a smoke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 09:24:10 PM »

You must have missed his point entirely.....Unless you only play multiplayer games to humiliate people, make them angry, and stroke your ego (probably a fair part of Fonline tbh).
I have seen an insane amount of socialization on this server compared to pretty much any other fonline ever. I know the people I generally fight with, their attitudes, their weapon choices, and even their stances on random political issues because of the chat we have waiting for ZC haha.

I have to ask what the hell are you doing if you've never seen interaction besides shit-talk?

I have mistaken this for an MMO. Besides weapon discssuions, what has what you have mentioned to do with the game or fallout.
I play this because it has good combat mechanics and I like the FO world setting. Not to talk about the weather or global conflicts.
Waiting for ZC?, sounds fun......

(probably a fair part of Fonline tbh). You nailed it bro.

Ego?, humiliation?, lol im the worst fonline PvP there is, because I dont play to win, just to have fun.
How many of you have listened to what the NPC leaders of the factions talk about in their conference room?
I feel bad for Shang who I think created most of the lore for this.

See ya fellas.

AKA Ox-Skull.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 10:52:50 PM »

I don't think anyone meant to offend, I dont think Marxman meant that comment to reflect directly on you.
The three players that responded to you (myself included) are self admittedly not the best PvPers themselves. And like you, also don't spend the most time online.

I know both Marxman and Nao have gone out of their way to view the game from different angles. And I'm sure they appreciate the world and lore that has been created for us all to enjoy.

On player interaction.

Again no offence is intended, but.
When was the last time you logged in for ZC? Who do you play with? What do they play like?
What I mean is, when did you last interact with players in-game? A ton of stuff has changed. Including waiting for ZC. No longer do we have to wait for activation. The Ramon Alarm5000 will alert you to any enemies lurking around. It does make for faster play.
But anyway.

From what I see, and have always seen 95% of the time. All the shit talking is kept in the forums. And if you look at FOnline forums...We don't have it too bad at all.
For the most part players get along and communicate their ideas to the best of their ability to reach the ultimate goal of having fun.

Now, the server has matured a little, and the current player base consists mainly of those that have been here from the beginning.
Who (despite their differences) work together to create and maintain a sociable and healthy environment for all. Until the time population increases.

Tonight alone, I have played with a good few (Maybe 10 at its peak) players and communicated with them all to varying degree.
Hearing Stalker give orders or say "good job" on mumble (Yes he does that, sometimes).
Or perhaps seeing your squad sneakers RTS pings point out enemy positions.
Courier saying "Um ded, blyad they got me while I was typing" in the side chat.
Its all good communication. You gain a kind of rapport with other players and learn how to play alongside each other most effectively. What they will/wont do, or indeed can/cant do.

The learning process alone (For me) Would have been near impossible without that magic saying "Gather grid!"

Now, lets get back on topic.
I don't think many/any of us would have got to that point of understanding and social comfort within AoP. Without that magic saying "Gather grid!"

"Gather grid!" - I wonder how many times this line has been typed.

While "@grid" we get a chance to see what our team has brought to play with.
Make alterations where necessary and indeed have a talk about tactics, trade ideas. And of course chat about the weather in Phoenix today.

Oh wait, who is this? Joe Newman and his friends are running by. "Want to play with us?" Good thing we were at this grid or we might have missed them.

Adding stash spots would take a lot of this away. <---Its not facts. Its opinions.

When the server wipes and and that faction base is full. Better know I'm going to be typing

"Gather grid!"

"You know the one"

But really, above all that. Just fuck all that for a minuet.

Above all of that, the thing to remember is...
Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 11:19:16 PM by Stem Sunders »

Kurwier

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 11:39:50 PM »

GATHER GRID BITCHEZ!

Hang-Lip

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Wastelander
  • Got a smoke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 11:41:11 PM »

I played it the moment i could download and install it. After playing it for sometime with my friend boon and a few others doing assignments, learning how the combat worked and so forth, reported some bugs with Blueprints, saw the madness with sugarman(funny stuff) meanwhile my friend boon was doing ZC ( he doesnt use a mic and wore nothing but robes) here and there.

Well when i felt i was ready,lets say a month later, Boon and i tried to join a ZC party, pretty much was told get mic or GTFO.(boon went nuts at them, since he had done many without use of TS or a mic)

I have a family and children so i cant zone out on the game. I interacted with players in-game, when the game had players.

Stash spots, platoon bases, same thing, just asthetically different.
(this not aimed at you stem) "stroke your ego (probably a fair part of Fonline tbh)" marxman nailed it right there bro.

"And I'm sure they appreciate the world and lore that has been created for us all to enjoy"  ::)

And all the fights and so forth end in the arguement(on forum), they had this, and they had x number, only children respond with such arguements.

Peace Stem. ;D

I was BB, and never left.

AKA Ox-Skull.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 05:49:24 PM »

I have mistaken this for an MMO. Besides weapon discssuions, what has what you have mentioned to do with the game or fallout.
I play this because it has good combat mechanics and I like the FO world setting. Not to talk about the weather or global conflicts.
Waiting for ZC?, sounds fun......

(probably a fair part of Fonline tbh). You nailed it bro.

Ego?, humiliation?, lol im the worst fonline PvP there is, because I dont play to win, just to have fun.
How many of you have listened to what the NPC leaders of the factions talk about in their conference room?
I feel bad for Shang who I think created most of the lore for this.

See ya fellas.

Like Stem was saying, it wasn't my intent to be hostile, text interactions can come off that way.

I would say this is very much an MMO, but much of the socializing happens on Voice comms. After thinking about it a bit, I can say that the vet players wouldn't be bothered by stash spots, but the newbies wandering around faction base need guidance. If my platoon base wasn't in the back of the Law base, I would never have stopped to lend a helping hand to many a newbie I came across.

Weapon discussion is most common, but that intimately ties into the lore of AoP. Seeing as we have M16s and Augs and G3s, its an interesting unvierse Shang has created that diverges from classical fallout into a more fast-paced and gritty setting (at least in my opinion).  I have had many discussions about the lore of fallout, and most of the convos happen on the way to ZC, not waiting. I'ver rarely had to wait the last times I've logged in for ZC.

I love the game, and I play to have fun as well. And I HAVE listened to the ridiculous things the faction leaders say haha.

I really think this is the most fair iteration of Fonline that has ever existed, and thats why I love the fuck out of it.

TLDR

Back to the original point though, newbs need help with the game. Giving players less of a reason to run around base being helpful isn't a good thing IMO.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip