Author Topic: My MLG Gecko Hunting tutorial  (Read 4435 times)

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
My MLG Gecko Hunting tutorial
« on: September 11, 2014, 04:07:15 AM »

you see all those people wit hthe awareness perk who brag about how they can see their enemy's health and their state, right? and you hate them just as i do, then here are a few tips to get you started and in no time you'll get awareness on your own  character as well

#1: don't rush it, Golden geckos are a pain in the ass for newbies, don't go straight for that quest, do some assignments , get good gear, then we'll be talking aobut gecko hunting
#2: now that you've gotten yourself some good gear, it's time to get some people who also have good gear, a good hunting group should be formed of about 5 or 4 people, of course you can go extreme and get like 10 people but come on, that's too awkward
now that we've covered up the basics, let's get itno the more detailed stuff
#3: Tag Eachother, some people don't know how to tag other people, tagging is great , it makes you go to the same isntance as the person you tagged if you're close enouh to them
#4: Chose the best hunting zone, i recommend either plains or mountains, Geckos have a higher spawn rate in those areas, don't go into ruined cities,
#5: Stay away from the core, people always make this mistake, you don't go hunting in the core, because you always have mercenaries, smugglers and enemy patrols roaming around and you don't know when they'll pop up, and trust me, they're near immortal
#6:don't get greedy, always stick together, you might be lucky enough to find a horde full of golden geckos, like what happened to me yesterday,, from each horde everyone will get at least one kill, so don't worry about it
#7 watch out for mobs , okay seriously, watch out for them, as soon as you kill the geckos, RUN TO THE EXIT GRID, because trust me, you don't want bounty hunters running in while you're healing and throwin a grenade at your face whil 3 of them have 50 cal machineguns, also those BOS guys, sure thing, they're friednly towards you ,but they attack every living thing, be it family guards, travellers, friendly mercs, their miniguns have a huge spread radius so you'll get hit and then they'l go fucking aggro on you and your hunting adventure wil lbe ruined

also a  point i forgot to mention, always wear your sub gear, don't take your best things , leave those for PvP and assignments

nasaru85

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: My MLG Gecko Hunting tutorial
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 11:51:32 PM »

Hi Captain Chilly , can you take a shot picture where are Gecko in World Map ? , i waste 5 hours to find Gecko in World Map, Mountain, plains... but i dont see it... can you help me...thanks you

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 06:44:34 AM »

i can but the problem is, i don't have the whole world map discovered, just the family part

Fayfay

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 09:03:33 AM »

Prosector

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 03:37:10 PM »

i dont think party should be necessary for this. i killed 5 of them without taking minimal manage by alone. the only problem concers me is to find them. it took 2 hour to find them wtf really why is this easy quest is such a pain in the ass?
for your information developers: SEARCHING THINGS in a wide world is not fun!

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip