Author Topic: Playable Races  (Read 5688 times)

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
Playable Races
« on: October 16, 2014, 09:58:44 AM »

Ghouls would be awesome, there sprites are already used in-game only thing is lather coats/combat armor won't show up on the player when they equip them. Of course they would be completely immune to radiation

Maybe Androids? There sprite would look the same but they would have different stats then humans, like a weakness to energy weapons, more sight range and also faster health/limb regen. Only thing is Androids will be OP.

What do y'all think?

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Playable Races
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 10:03:41 AM »

Muties have no run animation and no SG animations, ghouls have no HW\EW animations, and their run is slower than that of a "default" model.
If you can work with sprites and draw every single armour piece for each "race", then this will be a discussible option ;).
I don't think that it will be implemented.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 10:46:06 AM »

Muties have no run animation and no SG animations, ghouls have no HW\EW animations, and their run is slower than that of a "default" model.
If you can work with sprites and draw every single armour piece for each "race", then this will be a discussible option ;).

Really, dang. So much for that idea then :P Thanks for the info ;)

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 06:03:57 PM »

Ghouls could use the Fallout Tactics animations, I'm sure someone already has every FRM of FOT ghouls stashed. No CA animations tho (unless they have been made already?) and you can use a certain set of Tb51 PA made for FOT as their Power Armor animation.

Super Mutants, on the other hand... well you could use the FOT animations but the Super Mutant sprite is weird and doesn't have some of the anims we might need.

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 06:29:35 PM »

Didn't FT use octagons (8 side)? I don't think FT characters will work in FO. Also the style is different.

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 06:41:04 PM »

Didn't FT use octagons (8 side)? I don't think FT characters will work in FO. Also the style is different.

I thought FT used squares?
I'm 100% sure that FT characters can and will work on FOnline. Yeah, the style is different but it would be a make-do. Also, just don't use the extra directions. Pretty sure FOnline support FOT-like characters.

We're having a similar problem in the Van Buren Project, we got 3D player animations (like the ones in FOT) but we really lack Ghoul and Super Mutant 3D animations so we will have to make do with FOT Ghouls atm.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 09:23:29 PM »

Anything FT related is copyrighted. Hard.

Savager

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 10:26:03 AM »

For the running animations, they could just simple made it like walking but faster. The ghoul in dungeon walks really really fast. It could be the same.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 10:36:33 AM »

For the running animations, they could just simple made it like walking but faster. The ghoul in dungeon walks really really fast. It could be the same.
This suggestion touches only RP element, this server was just recently cleaned out of critical bugs. Now everything is concentrated on "birthing" new mechanics, improving already existing ones, while also fixing minor\major bugs that are already out there or will appear anyway.

If it will be done someday, you will have to wait, a lot.

MaddogCallahan

• Wanderer
  • Never compromise, even in the face of Armageddon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 11:55:25 AM »

Might be easier just to implement "Mutations" like you find a vat of FEV or a random syringe in the base you are scavenging and inject it (God help you if you are this sort of person) But now you have mutated to have thick scales on your body that give you a bonus to armor! But they make you less agile... random stuff like that to add flavor to characters...

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 02:59:03 PM »

I would like to have mutation or implants that will work like traits, for further customization of characters. Implants can go more with the fallout lore, with possible to install or remove them paying caps to a npc and bring some sort of rare relics

dillinger

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 12:45:29 PM »

its a very big problem, lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip