Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hello friends  (Read 14243 times)

docHOLIDAY

Hello friends
« on: January 18, 2015, 08:19:13 PM »

I've jumped onto AOP today joined the lawyers though I'd rather be a Brahminboy and I am very pleased with my char. Although I have a few small questions.

-Which merchants sell blood moon?
-Can I change factions?
-Easiest way to obtain support armor mkIII? (Hope crafting it is not the easiest way, I must be able to buy it..)
-Do doctors bags get used up or do you just need 1?
-Finally, what are your opinions on levelling your chars, should I TC, dungeon crawl, scavenge, craft.... What heeds the best results?

Thank you for your time, from your humble gunslinger of the Wild Wild wastes: doc holiday.

Stem Sunders

Re: Hello friends
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 08:39:12 PM »

Hi Doc, Check these handy HQ guides, the wiki is also a good source of information.

http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=1124.0 - Brahmin Boy HQ Guide.
http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=496.0 - V-Tech HQ Guide.
http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=1284.0 - Family HQ Guide.
http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=902.0 - Lawyer HQ Guide.

-I'm not 100% sure if any merchant sells bloodmoon, it can be found in the core. Be sure to give your faction medic a check just incase I'm wrong.
(See the guides for location of your vendors)

-You can change factions, there is an NPC at your base with the option to leave faction. Upon leaving you will be able to see you immediate enemys base on the world map.

-You can buy CAMKIII from you high end faction vendor (See the guides) This vendors stock will improve with zones controlled by your faction.

-Doctors bags and FA kits have a chance of being used up every time you use them, I think this depends only on your DOC/FA skills. Maybe also your luck.

-"Zone control" is a really good way to obtain exp, but at the same time it is not guaranteed.
Assignments seems to be the best way of obtaining a steady and substantial amount of exp.
Mix this with some scavenging and crafting, You will be level 24 in no time at all!

Good luck, welcome to Phoenix.

See you in the core.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 08:53:16 PM by Stem Sunders »

docHOLIDAY

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 09:04:48 PM »

Interesting, you stated that CAMKiii is available for purchase but is the support version for medics available to buy from merchants?

Stem Sunders

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 09:11:20 PM »

Interesting, you stated that CAMKiii is available for purchase but is the support version for medics available to buy from merchants?
You can buy Support CAMKII from the same vendor
(I have personally never seen a Support CAMKIII there however. They are craftable though)
Most high end gear can be picked up from that vendor (Depending on the zones currently controlled)
I should also mention you need 30k+ reputation with your faction before that particular vendor will sell to you. And the same goes for your high end medical supplies vendor.

Assignments are a good way to boost your reputation.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:15:20 PM by Stem Sunders »

docHOLIDAY

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 09:17:16 PM »

Ah I see, where do you initiate assignments?
You can buy Support CAMKII from the same vendor (I have personally never seen a Support CAMKIII there however. They are craftable though)
Most high end gear can be picked up from that vendor (Depending on the zones currently controlled)
I should also mention you need 30k+ reputation with your faction before that particular vendor will sell to you. And the same goes for your high end medical supplies vendor.

Assignments are a good way to boost your reputation.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 09:26:07 PM »

You can activate them from two places in your HQ, there are lower tier and higher tier assignments.

I've spent very little time in any other faction than my own, but the guides posted above should hold all the information you need on any NPC you require. Including where to find assignment and quest givers.

Just talking to each NPC in your base shouldn't take too long and it will give you a good idea of your HQ, get to know your new home. :)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:28:30 PM by Stem Sunders »

docHOLIDAY

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 09:47:47 PM »

Hmm I'll check them out, also are there spawn point concentrations based on location?
Meaning some areas may spawn more blood moon, support armor and technical manuals than another. Because I have some basic items that I need to farm.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 09:52:42 PM »

Hmm I'll check them out, also are there spawn point concentrations based on location?
Meaning some areas may spawn more blood moon, support armor and technical manuals than another. Because I have some basic items that I need to farm.

You are correct sir, certain items will spawn more abundantly in certain areas. You really should go and explore and get to know the spawns. :)
Part of the fun is getting to know the core, it has tremendous character.
Go and find your favorite looting grounds and routes through the city. It will all prove useful and navigation will be key in later battles.

You can never be quite sure what that next locker or desk will hold.

Tip, hospital for meds...Watch out for mutants.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:59:05 PM by Stem Sunders »

docHOLIDAY

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 12:37:59 AM »

You are correct sir, certain items will spawn more abundantly in certain areas. You really should go and explore and get to know the spawns. :)
Part of the fun is getting to know the core, it has tremendous character.
Go and find your favorite looting grounds and routes through the city. It will all prove useful and navigation will be key in later battles.

You can never be quite sure what that next locker or desk will hold.

Tip, hospital for meds...Watch out for mutants.
Very cool!

Would you care to explain the item perk 'limb shredder' to me, when is it activated and what is the roll vs endurance, not sure what that means.

Also I've been looting junk from the core I've planned a mini route that gives me lots of books and magazines and I've been squeezing about 300 caps every 10 mins out of the guy who buys junk, this isn't very much money. How do you usually accumulate caps, and what do you think the best way for me to do so is?

Vector

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 01:11:18 AM »

Limb shredder gives u a 10% chance to break a random limb when u make a crit on a target, this perk is stackable, and it's ignoring the critical EN of the target, means if the target got 9k% Crit EN - u will anyway break the limb if the limb shredder roll will pass.

300 caps for the core run is a low value, try to find another route)

Btw look for the traits and the perks description in the pip(cheap)-boy.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:19:06 AM by Vector »

Tuc-Tuc
200+20+20+20

docHOLIDAY

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 02:13:52 AM »

Limb shredder gives u a 10% chance to break a random limb when u make a crit on a target, this perk is stackable, and it's ignoring the critical EN of the target, means if the target got 9k% Crit EN - u will anyway break the limb if the limb shredder roll will pass.

Usually players have 10 endurance so what will the % to cripple a random limb with 2x limb shredder?

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 02:35:18 AM »

btw, about that Faction place, the Lawyers base is really easy to understand as it is considerably small, the High end medic though, cna be tricky to access because of the high ammount of doors

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 05:09:04 AM »

Best place to go to is Wal-Mart. You can get a heap of junk items and each run is a minimum of 1000 caps.

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 08:12:51 AM »

Changing factions works now ?
I mean can you move your char to any other faction after resigning ?

Stem Sunders

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 08:16:24 AM »

Changing factions works now ?
I mean can you move your char to any other faction after resigning ?
Think you have to still get the assistance of GM to do that.

docHOLIDAY

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 10:26:41 AM »

I have a few more questions for you guys, why are my weapon perks on my RAD smg in red. Are they locked? How do I unlock them? Don't tell me that I have to get all legendary levels for those few perks I thought the legendary levels unlocked secret perks...

And also how many small power cells to recharge a stealthboy?

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 11:16:53 AM »

Don't hesitate to ask for help in assignements/scavenging/whatever on the faction channel. ("/f" before talking)
You can be joined by friendly veterans or others newcomers.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

docHOLIDAY

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 04:50:17 PM »

Does somebody know ANYWAY that I can change my name slightly, my char is perfect but the names incorrection bugs me so much!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2015, 07:03:39 PM »

Does somebody know ANYWAY that I can change my name slightly, my char is perfect but the names incorrection bugs me so much!
I believe its impossible, you have to remake your character. By remake, I mean make a new one.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2015, 09:31:23 PM »

I doubt that such a service is even needed in FO ;), the only way I see is for you to kidnap cirn0's family and force him to rename you. (That's what I would do)
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip