Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: [SUGGESTION/PROMOTION] The Sewer Rat Faction (Factionless Players)  (Read 29758 times)

Poker-Jack

• Wastelander
  • LAWYER
    • View Profile
[SUGGESTION/PROMOTION] The Sewer Rat Faction (Factionless Players)
« on: September 18, 2014, 04:48:07 PM »

I'd like to somehow organize a faction that is a conglomerate of factionless players.

Our goal will be to scavenge and attempt to create a known neutral ground  between this conglomerate faction and all others. (Or just killing and doing whatever the fuck we want) Allowing inter-faction trading/sit-downs/deals/alliances etc.

Perhaps utilizing the sewers to create a safe haven for traders/scavengers.

If there are others looking to take the challenge to slowly unite the wasteland and (more than likely) die trying, show your support here, and PM me to get my voice communication info.

(The sewers will be our home, and the core will be our playground)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:28:55 PM by Poker-Jack »
I'm rude and foul-mouthed...

But I'm generous and I make fucking sense.
-MadManJack
-PokerJack

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Re: [SUGGESTION/PROMOTION] The Care-Bear Faction
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 06:54:32 PM »

Nah there will always be that dick squad that shoots anyways and causes chaos.

I think devs should implement a barter ground similar to reloaded but 4 of them.

A Phoenix citizen

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 01:33:39 AM »

The idea sounds good, but please...the care-bears, really? How about The underground? The network, or The sewer surfers?

Poker-Jack

• Wastelander
  • LAWYER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 02:16:07 AM »

The idea sounds good, but please...the care-bears, really? How about The underground? The network, or The sewer surfers?

Lol the name was not serious, just the idea. Would need to see if there is enough interest before trying it out of course.

-MadManJack
-PokerJack

Deathproof

Re: [SUGGESTION/PROMOTION] The Sewer Rat Faction (Factionless Players)
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 02:28:33 PM »

Interesting concept actually. I mean server just started so lets just see where factions we have lead us, but god idea in any case.

You can leave faction and unofficially do this, but I guess some small hq is sewers would have to be implemented if this would catch on.

Love the idea, but for now its unnecessary, as we got enough choice and server just started.

Poker-Jack

• Wastelander
  • LAWYER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »

You can leave faction and unofficially do this, but I guess some small hq is sewers would have to be implemented if this would catch on.

This is currently how a few of us are doing it. We are welcoming others to come join us. Just be in our mumble server so we can communicate with ease! :D

Hope to get the Sewer Rat populace booming!

-MadManJack
-PokerJack

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 01:51:42 PM »

Filthy freelancer scum can be useful as mercenaries, and barterers...

What is the color of the faction-less? Perhaps I will not shoot your people, you can swayed to the Family ways yet.

Poker-Jack

• Wastelander
  • LAWYER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 02:02:13 PM »

What is the color of the faction-less? Perhaps I will not shoot your people, you can swayed to the Family ways yet.

When we are officially factionless we will have bright white nicknames (Assuming you didn't change your colorizing.txt)

There will be no order with this group, certain cells of them may be friendly, some may be murderous, there will be no heirarchy or leadership to speak of. IF you wish to join, leave your faction and wander the core.

If you'd like to join other Sewer Rats, message me for our radio info.

-MadManJack
-PokerJack

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 02:13:20 PM »

When we are officially factionless we will have bright white nicknames (Assuming you didn't change your colorizing.txt)

There will be no order with this group, certain cells of them may be friendly, some may be murderous, there will be no heirarchy or leadership to speak of. IF you wish to join, leave your faction and wander the core.

How many of you around? I will definitively look out for you factionless people. I can see the potential, yes, in ZCs...

A question: How do the factionless intend to guard their items?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 02:15:39 PM by The Brazilian Slaughter »

Poker-Jack

• Wastelander
  • LAWYER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 02:48:15 PM »

How many of you around? I will definitively look out for you factionless people. I can see the potential, yes, in ZCs...

5 with the group I'm part of, however we're still part of a faction until we are a sufficient level to survive off the core alone.

And we keep our items on us, or stash them somewhere clever. We won't need much.

-MadManJack
-PokerJack

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 03:20:48 PM »

Hey faction-less people, try this: before leaving a faction take a mission and leave some stuff there (or at least visit the location). Then turn your cloak into white, and see if you still have the mission location on the map. If yes = best faction base.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Poker-Jack

• Wastelander
  • LAWYER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 04:20:07 PM »

Hey faction-less people, try this: before leaving a faction take a mission and leave some stuff there (or at least visit the location). Then turn your cloak into white, and see if you still have the mission location on the map. If yes = best faction base.

Will do, I'll let you know how it works. may be a few days.

-MadManJack
-PokerJack

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 12:24:29 AM »

5 with the group I'm part of, however we're still part of a faction until we are a sufficient level to survive off the core alone.

And we keep our items on us, or stash them somewhere clever. We won't need much.

Interesting!
Anyway, do send some feedback. Factionless must be ultra-hardcore due to the fact you got everybody as non-friends.

Here's a good dev suggestion for you to take to them: Change faction-less names. White is too close to the grey used by Lawyers. How about green?

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 01:16:23 AM »

White is a neutral colour.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 03:58:33 AM »

White is a neutral colour.

Still think Green is better, white is too close to Lawyer grey. Green is pretty different from every other color.

Hell, I have problems sometimes telling BBs from Family due to their yellow.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 09:47:45 PM »

Ok, so I tried this out a little I have a few findings

Family was least hostile to white name tags (Guards also wouldn't shoot until a family member did)
With Vtec a close second.
BB's shot on sight (The ones I could find)
Ironically I couldn't find any lawyers to test on and see if they were fooled at all
The sewers were very boring all alone, but I did make a friend. I also found it quite peaceful at one point.
I successfully removed and stored items on GATE exit grids, due to timer.
There were more friendly players than one that shot on sight. Surprisingly more than if I had one of the used colors

I helped a Family member fend off rad scorpions and a V-Tec farm some brahmin. I then placed everything I found at family base.

I died a total of 2 times in around 2 and a half hours, which is considerably less if I was my regular color and spent that time in core or around enemy gates, but of course I didn't encounter enough players for it to be tested properly.
and once there is a known "sewer rat" faction peoples attitudes may change for better or worse.

I think thats all, hope it helps in figuring something out sounds like a cool idea, I had fun for a couple of hours.

Screeeeens
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:55:01 PM by Stem Sunders »

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 04:39:23 AM »

The Pariahs? The Outcasts?

But where will you store your loots! :P

In seriousness, I thought there should be an "outcast" faction, but of members who have been kicked from their faction, doomed to wander the wastes eternally with no loot storage and everyone seeing them as a free target.

This sewer rat faction actually sounds fun and cool though, as a way to not be a part of the bigger factions but also in the game, but, from my perspective the Family is already there, being the least present on the ZC map and relegated to different tactics as a result. There's really no need for a fifth faction and base while we are the weakest.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:21:58 AM by mAdman »

Butthead

• Wastelander
  • aop kicks ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 10:27:22 AM »

actual factions state is cool. dont need to add anything. if you want your ass be kicked and raped and stuff just join family

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 01:03:52 PM »

One of the best ideas for expanding the game. I had something like that in mind too, a neutral population of outcasts and scavengers sounds great fun, but only if there are others too because otherwise will get boring quick. Unless you want some solo experience of course.

Actually gonna try that, will see how it goes.   

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 09:50:49 PM »

I think I saw a sewer rat yesterday in Vtec gate alongside a Brahmin Boy, we shot him like hell but he escaped. My pals thought it was a lawyer (told you that would cause mistakes!) but I'm pretty sure it wans't, color wans't right.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip