Author Topic: ...the flaws.  (Read 14146 times)

rexkwando1

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
...the flaws.
« on: September 06, 2014, 12:18:59 PM »

Here some of the flaws i found in my short time w/ this game.
-the fact that this isn't even close to being an mmorpg. (feels more like a dayz-fallout, just get killed and keep trying type of mindset.)
-the extremity of the lack of balance is crazy. if you are a low level you will lose everything you have at least six times, super unbalanced.
-the lack of actual quests (no, not assignments) also spoils it. every mmo needs a story line.
-the amount of times you sit staring at your screen not knowing what to do doesn't add to it either.

conclusion: if you were looking for a fallout mmorpg, this is NOT for you. (not saying that can't change, but in its current phase... no.) It honestly feels like a 2D Dayz where there is no real progression outside of your players life. I am not "hating" on the game either, just simply stating how the title "MMORPG" doesn't really fit the game.

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
Re: ...the flaws.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 12:27:42 PM »

It's a long way to the top...  ;) give it time,it's an evolving product in my opinion.
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 12:43:37 PM »

-the fact that this isn't even close to being an mmorpg. (feels more like a dayz-fallout, just get killed and keep trying type of mindset.)

In its current from, what you're saying is quite true. A PvP game involves to die often though, anyway.

-the extremity of the lack of balance is crazy. if you are a low level you will lose everything you have at least six times, super unbalanced.

The currently deactivated tutorial doesn't help, but FOnline isn't easy indeed. We'll work deeper to improve that because we don't like the idea of players suffering the most when they start the game.

-the lack of actual quests (no, not assignments) also spoils it. every mmo needs a story line.

A story line is planned but don't expect anything close to SWTOR. It will involve factions rather than single characters and it will based on pvp.

-the amount of times you sit staring at your screen not knowing what to do doesn't add to it either.

AoP has a quite big sandbox aspect. What you will do depends on your own objectives, and that is also affected by other people around you. Just find someone and explore the Wastes with him.

We have work ahead, and we know that. If you expected it to bea Fallout 2 'but in multi', for sure you'll be disappointed, as that was never our goal.

Sharky

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 12:59:21 PM »

From what I see AoP is a game based on original ideas and not a copy paste mmorpg. It is pvp based and it is very balanced in that aspect. Low levels always have it hard but in this game the fun starts after you're leveled up so you can compete with others who are leveled up. But it's also fun learning the game and getting to that point and that doesn't take long
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 01:03:22 PM by Sharky »

rexkwando1

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 01:02:59 PM »

but like i said i'm not trying to bash the game, its a neat idea. and when i do know what i'm doing i am having fun. for a game that is in its second day of life, it looks like something that could become something awesome. i was just stating some of the things holding the game back.

p.s. and i'm honestly surprised i didn't get bashed for posting this. i will stay w/ this game because it does look promising.

rexkwando1

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 01:04:46 PM »

From what I see AoP is a game based on original ideas and not a copy paste mmorpg. It is pvp based and it is very balanced in that aspect. Low levels always have it hard but in this game the fun starts after you're leveled up so you can compete with others who are leveled up. But it's also fun learning the game and getting to that point and that doesn't take long
what i was saying was that this game is called an mmorpg, in that sense, i was expecting just that. but like i said... its the second day so i would be wrong to say this is a bad game.

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 01:39:26 PM »

Yeah, everyone has to right to express his opinion and your points are definitely valid.

The only thing I can say is that we're working first to fix the bugs, then we'll restore all features that are currently disabled or incomplete for whatever reason, and then we'll extend the content. At that point, the game should look much closer to what you would expect.

We are a small team and we need some time to organize :)

Majomember

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 02:23:16 PM »

i like the idea, im not fan of conventional mmo rpgs like wow and i favor day z style more HOWEVER its really annoying i cant collect any item because 5-6 heavily armed thug bursts me.. i dont even have a chance to run away, where can i found at least a damn pistol? i think those armed assholes with machine guns should not greet me at the first area of the core.. why they even kill me? i dont have anything, they just waste bullets. and it is boring to go leave the faction building and travel to the core again and again and again just to meet an NPC group beat the shit out of me. i came for the pvp fun, but i cant proceed. any advice?

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 04:48:19 PM »

Number of patrols is currently too high. Next update will reduce their frequency. That should already help, we'll see if that's enough.

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 05:03:39 PM »

Number of patrols is currently too high. Next update will reduce their frequency. That should already help, we'll see if that's enough.

Now do you mean actual patrols, like scorpions, aliens, thugs, or reduce requency meaning 3 thugs instead of 6 thugs?
Because i like the diversity when there are mobsters, and aliens etc, but when there are 6 mobsters machine gunning you, its not cool anymore :P

Deathproof

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 05:23:02 PM »

conclusion: if you were looking for a fallout mmorpg, this is NOT for you. (not saying that can't change, but in its current phase... no.) It honestly feels like a 2D Dayz where there is no real progression outside of your players life. I am not "hating" on the game either, just simply stating how the title "MMORPG" doesn't really fit the game.

In many MMORPG's its the community that gives it an RPG feeling. Other people talking in character about stuff related in game. Fonline in general was always more keen for PvP then PvE crowd, and this game is too, which isn't a bad thing at all, but since people are used to treat Fonline as mostly PvP game, thats how its gonna be. Doing PvE with a crowd who don't talk in-character isn't a roleplay either.

Give it some time and RP if you like it, you never know when you'll encounter another RP-er in Phoenix. At least folks from your base for start.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 05:25:04 PM by Deathproof »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip