Author Topic: LJ, CLJ, CLC  (Read 4497 times)

Doobee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
LJ, CLJ, CLC
« on: October 03, 2014, 05:40:32 AM »

All these three armors have trait Paper Wall, which basically, when you wear the armor, gives lower chance to avoid KD and KO than when you wear no armor at all. Strange? Yes!

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: LJ, CLJ, CLC
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 05:46:28 AM »

Bluesuit has 0 dt and 0 dr though, so you will take almost double damage.

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 05:54:28 AM »

gameplay over realism  :-*

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 06:14:22 AM »

Thank god they do, half the reason i beat some sneakers.

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 10:04:54 AM »

Yep, they also have brof and sprinter, why the fuck you will run faster of shoot faster by wearing a jacket? It fine as it now, i guess

But actually, i have the same feeling when i first play this game, i always enjoy realism in games (not extreme realism, of course), with realism i refer mostly to common sense, so you know a weapon do damage, eye shoots do more damage, armors offers protection and so.
When some stuff go against common sense it feels... strange. Like wearing an armor makes you to resist less knockdowns... it feels weird.

So lets say we want to make the things right, but keeping the balance we have now. It will require to make that every player have -2 to KO, KD by default, and armors except Jackets, gives +2 to resist (+4 metal armor), and make every weapon to cost 5% AP less, and armors except Leather and jacket add +5% (+10% metal), and that stuff.

That will achieve the exact situation we have now. So... why bother making it like that if the result will be the same?
If it gets done i will make me more happy :), but i can live with the current implementation

Deathproof

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 10:46:33 AM »

They need to have some bad traits like rest of the armor, so its good as it is. You get sneak bonus and nice fire resistance but you're prone to eat damage and get on floor.You could call it a specialized armor for sneakers and scavengers.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 01:56:43 PM »

Honestly it completely makes sense, even from a realism standpoint.  Think about it, a bullet striking an unarmed opponent does not have the same blunt force trauma that having armor stop it will (partially or fully.)
Having tons of damage done to you and not as many knockdowns in a bluesuit makes sense, because a bullet going through or inside you and wounding you is not the same thing as a bullet flattening on your chest. When a bullet is partially stopped by armor, much more of the kinetic force is transferred to the wearer, resulting in more of a punch that a bullet going straight though. You might not take as much damage, but you're going to FEEL it.

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 01:52:52 PM »

it makes sense, the tight leather pants make you trip easier, enough said.  not that complicated people ^_^.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip