Author Topic: Need help with SPECIAL selection  (Read 4524 times)

FingerBang

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Need help with SPECIAL selection
« on: September 21, 2014, 09:37:42 AM »

Hi guys,

Given the fact that there is an opportunity to re-roll the special stats. I would like to ask for your help/opinion how to pick the stats more effectively.

Currently my stats look like :
S:5 P:9 E:8 C:3 I:3 A:10 (+1 from small frame) L:3
Tagged : SG, DOC & FA
Traits : Fast shot & Small Frame
Perks ( I'm level 14) : Dr strangelove, Sharpshooter & hawk eyes

Is there anything I can make with those perks picked ? Sniper / shotgun  or rifle build ?
How to re-roll the stats to make it more effective ? I need your opinions, thanks ! :)

Prosector

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with SPECIAL selection
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 11:42:53 AM »

Sniper needs crit so IN and LK is too low. PE is too high, especially if you have hawkeye and sharpshooter too. They are very marginal if you have high PE. Ofc you will have the highest firing and sightrange, but you only can shoot 2-3 hex further than the others. Perks cannot be modified with the reroll so i suggest you take few pe. (4-5 if not sniper, 6-7 if sniper).
Snipers not relying on EN. They aren't endangered so much because they are in the back lines. You need IN. Skillpoints are good, and it gives huge boost to your crit chance.

I see you committed yourself to Action Points, it can work well with snipers but you still need that crit. You can chose perks later which will boost your AP even more. (Action boy, Bonus Rate of Fire, Psychopath, Fast Reload, Do or Die. you choose.)

Ofcourse if you don't want to be sniper, you still need better crits, AP build works well with dps crits (constant knockout headshots with pistols for example). And if you fight on front line you definitely need that EN which you had already. ST5 is enough for all small gun except Gauss rifle and machineguns. If you want to use them, pick 6 (or 4 +weaponhandling perk) and you can even use Big gun sniper rifles.

High Charisma can give you high boost if you are in squad, for example you get +60% better bleed, if you have 10 CH so as the squad leader have 10 CH (which is common for SL). If you have 1 CH you get only 6% better bleed. If you have 3 CH, you have 18% etc. eAnd squad leader can have 3 bonus attribute applied for you, like bigger hp, larger sight range, etc. (you can read about them at pip boy L). If you not intend to play in squad at all, you pick 1 CH.

So you can be like:
5-5-6-1-8-10-6 if you neglect CH.
Or
5-3-6-3-8-10-6.
or sniper
5-7-4-1-8-10-6.

This is all your choice. You can even forget the action point build too, and get a regular sniper.
5-7-4-3-9-6-7 and pick Action boy + Critical Agility to compensate your lower AP and small frame.

Remember you can only have 8 perk, and you spent 3 already (if not 4). You can boost 2 SPECIAL points for the last two perk if you want to.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 11:44:34 AM by Prosector »

FingerBang

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with SPECIAL selection
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 01:05:01 PM »

Thanks ! That's quite a lot of useful information ! Now I'm wondering if being a sniper with tagged FA & Doc is actually worth anything. Snipers are usually the sneakers :P

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip