Author Topic: [Tips & Tricks] How to start the game  (Read 5889 times)

paragon

[Tips & Tricks] How to start the game
« on: September 17, 2014, 08:43:01 AM »

Spoiler for Should you read it?:
I'm power-player, I care a lot about effectiveness during my gameplay.
It could be different from what you expect from the game, it lacks some of the really good things like getting in the story, exploration for fun, sometimes even communication with other players in-game, enjoying all different and really cool stuff in the game like atmosphere.
So choose if you want to take this way or not, it's up to you

1. Get your room. Check your HQ overview guides how to do that. Leave everything you have in there.
2. Go naked in the core. Start looting shelves and tables with boxes on it (as well as pretty much any container). You're searching for relics. Pick up anything you want in process. Flee from any enemy you see ASAP. You task is to get 20 relics of any kind, you can do it in less than 1 hour if you're lucky. You may need to make couple of returns to put other stuff you want to have. You'll probably find some armor and weapon in the process.
3. Donate 20 relics for the reputation. Now you have 30k to do 2nd level assignments.
4. You need friends since now. It's up to you how to get them. Start doing 2nd level assignments, if you have 4-5 people, you can do most of them, probably except Assassinations and swarm deadly force missions. You can do it with looted equipment from the core on 1st level. Any t2 equipment will do. Lure enemies one by one, that's basically it. That's the way you get new levels and caps in this game.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:45:04 AM by paragon »

triqua

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: [Tips & Tricks] How to start the game
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 03:11:11 AM »

5. try to get like 4-5 guys to do 2nd lvl assignments very quick. rewards are like 3-5k xp/reputation up to 500 caps payout for each player :)
6. just try to organize 1 good gear set for yourself.. you will find 100% combat armors/leather armors in 2nd level assignments very often.. also normal stimpaks for free and many weapons you can repair that are quite useful for pvp (good old sniper rifle from classic fallout, machine guns small and big, laser rifles..)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:12:56 AM by triqua »

paragon

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 03:20:01 AM »

It's my 4th point (: That's the meaning, I suggest everyone NOT to do 1st level assignments, it's waste of time.

triqua

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 03:27:45 AM »

hmm wouldnt say so.. i have some kind of sniper build and in order to get used to game mechanics (they differ very much from reloaded or other fo derivates) and give myself some start in caps it was good making 1st level assignments alone. wasnt even that hard as i would have expected :) but ofc i agree they are not same efficient as doing assignments generally in a group.

but ppl sometimes want to play for themselfves so you can even do the easy 2nd lvl assignments alone (im just lvl 13)

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 01:51:34 AM »

Those tips won't help a 1st time player. And doing 1st lvl assignments is much better, if you take b/c levels. You get like 10% less xp, but you do it solo, w/o any1 looting what you've earned, while also those missions are much easier. Also you will get much more XP by doing 1st lvl assignments alone, since you receive tons of it by dealing damage.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip