Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Bored  (Read 28819 times)

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
Re: Bored
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2014, 09:30:21 AM »

who the fuck needs to go out when they have Fallout and Necron?

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2014, 09:59:58 AM »

Tell me about Necron.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

paragon

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2014, 10:06:04 AM »

Infantry Online seems to be dying?

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2014, 02:31:41 AM »

Tell me about Necron.

it's basically a somewhat post aocalyptic MMOFPS that focuses on PVP, surely, it takes time for a battle to start up , and it's been a long time since i played it

A Phoenix citizen

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2014, 11:21:28 AM »

Maybe its hard to understand for someone who never roleplayed, I also know it may sound impossible (and dangerous for your loot) but have you ever try to roleplay?

It brings great interactions between players other than shoot on sight kinda interactions (altho roleplay can/does involve justified pvp). Of course it sounds silly if you are the only one roleplaying, but when a community gets into roleplay, interesting things happen. I remember for exemple the WWP project in Redding on 2238, best times in FonlineS for me and many others.

Roleplaying doesnt have to be boring, just keep the Fallout 2 dark sense of humor in mind. For me roleplaying always have to be funny in some way, altho it must be taken seriously at a minimum, otherwise its just a parody of roleplaying.

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »

What's the deal with 2nd dungeon?Why isn't it open yet?Didn't it have the same issue as 1st dungeon which you  already fixed?
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

ArnoldZweihander

• Wanderer
  • COME AHHN, KILL ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2014, 05:46:31 AM »

What's the deal with 2nd dungeon?Why isn't it open yet?Didn't it have the same issue as 1st dungeon which you  already fixed?

Shangalar is supposed to be working on the dungeon, but he surrendered.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2014, 10:53:08 PM »

Now I see why gimper got bored...I'm starting to get bored too, not much to do except ZC but that's during server prime time.

wojciech

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2014, 11:35:23 PM »

Maybe a lot of players will throw shit on me but I dont care. Fonline based ONLY on pvp always will die. Why?

Beacuse people will get bored. If You dont want people get bored You need role play aspects(and also some people who want destroy roleplay), beacuse it is good thing for "fallout world" fans.

Next thing what we need in fonline is camapign(for example different quests for each factions). There should be relation with special encounters and some special quests.

Next thing is small scale pvp, not only zone controll where swarm gather. But in AoP small pvp will never apperar cuz characters got too much resists etc and weapons are still not balanced(but I understand that for some people it needs time to notice it).

Remember that there are a lot of fans of fallout over the world and not all of them are interested only in killing people. If you want those players on Your server You need to make it friendly for them.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:37:49 PM by wojciech »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2014, 11:57:06 PM »

FOnline is basically Dark Souls, only the chosen undead may continue on their journey.

Which means that you will hopelessly try to reverse the cycle and link the fire once again, or try to escape the curse via horrible dragon soul experiments and make everything even worse.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:30:07 AM by Myakot »

good guy

• Wastelander
  • its fun to be scared sometimes
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2014, 01:03:28 AM »

ooooooh nice reference
watch these 2 videos when you feel down
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2014, 03:43:39 AM »

Maybe a lot of players will throw shit on me but I dont care. Fonline based ONLY on pvp always will die. Why?

Beacuse people will get bored. If You dont want people get bored You need role play aspects(and also some people who want destroy roleplay), beacuse it is good thing for "fallout world" fans.

AoP does need more PvE content - I don't consider Assigs PvE content because assigs are pure grinding against hp bloat npc swarms. I notice I see more people doing dungeons lately.

One little help to PvE was taking out diminishing XP rewards, its now worth it to fight critters in the Core.

Next thing what we need in fonline is camapign(for example different quests for each factions). There should be relation with special encounters and some special quests.

Yeah, we really need that. Through there is some new stuff coming like those ZC enhancements, like the caravans that go to each zone towards gates.

One little thing we could have is the often-suggested neutral haven outside the Core where the factions are prohibited from fighting, might be cool to go into a bar and smack talk your rivals, trade with them(capitalism will find a way!) and maybe even a zone for non-lethal bar fights, too? I got a funny scene in my head of lawyers and family breaking some chairs on each others' heads while Vtecs and BBs ponder what to do in a Prisoner's Dilemma.

Next thing is small scale pvp, not only zone controll where swarm gather. But in AoP small pvp will never apperar cuz characters got too much resists etc and weapons are still not balanced(but I understand that for some people it needs time to notice it).

Wot mate? I see small scale pvp most of the time, in Family there's almost always someone going on hunts against other factions. I don't think characters got too many resists either, get a better weapon.

What really dampens small scale PvP is the lack of setups for it aside from the obvious PvP hunts and gate camping. Caravans might help with that.

Problem is, we need more content inside Phoenix that makes people leave base for anything other than naked core runs or ZC. Too many gheys staying inside their base carebearing and doing assigs repeatedly so they can stroke their gold piles in a stereotypically jewish way instead of going on ZC or PvP hunts with the cool people.

Yeah weapons aren't balanced yet, although so far AoP is the most balanced server I've seen. As it is, energy weapons are mostly shit, Assault Rifles are wonky, SMGs suck, melee is weird fist of the north star shit, pistols are mostly good, shotguns got weakened since the dinosaur remmy nerf, machineguns, grenades and small/big sniper rifles are king.

Remember that there are a lot of fans of fallout over the world and not all of them are interested only in killing people. If you want those players on Your server You need to make it friendly for them.

Roleplay should't be separated from gameplay. I'm roleplaying a... family member, fighting for the Family against the Family's enemies. We're skinning blue geckos and other enemies, smoking crack pipes, gambling, crafting, going on assigs, co-operating etc.

AoP is probrably the most casual-friendly FOnline server I've seen. Loot is easy and abundant to the point the ground is full of things (most of them useless to most, but hey), critters can be avoided or killed, players can be fought, noticed or fled from, there's the sewers, the four faction system ensures sociability, unlike the original FOnlines which encouraged free-for-all mentality and people pretty much shot everyone they didn't know, any casual needing help can just ask.

I don't mind more PvE but the game's focus should be PvP first and foremost, because no critter will ever give more challenge than a human opponent.

As for ZC itself, it really needs to be more rewarding. As it is, you're essentially doing a huge gamble to get someone's else gear, or you lose yours. Or nobody comes and you've wasted twenty minutes telling people to position their characters right - then once you leave some ghey starts a cap again.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:45:57 AM by The Brazilian Slaughter »

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2014, 04:38:12 AM »

yes please more pvp in pvp (aka Core)  ;D

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2014, 04:40:01 AM »

because no critter will ever give more challenge than a human opponent.

F'ing Melkior... wipes out half of your party even if you are fully geared.

People who got bored from AoP, go play wasteland2, then return, and be amused by how freaking good aop is ;D.

Or just join me on this: http://i57.fastpic.ru/big/2013/1120/25/74f75817d977bd279ddb65d540234625.png
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:41:37 AM by Myakot »

Deathproof

« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2014, 07:21:26 AM »

For those who need "RP" content, there is no such thing in ONLINE game, its the player mentality who either roleplay together or don't roleplay at all, and fonline has people who don't like to roleplay. I know shitload of online games where RP is mandatory and therefor has community filled with roleplayers. PvE =/= RP, its all on you folks, either RP or not.

For those wanting more PvE - do you realize how small dev team is, and how much things they actually managed to make for our sorry asses ? Give them time for it, its a load of work.

Also, why play online game filled with other people to do what you do in single player game , fight npcs etc ?.....

MasacruAlex

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2014, 07:37:41 AM »

because no critter will ever give more challenge than a human opponent.

F'ing Melkior... wipes out half of your party even if you are fully geared.

People who got bored from AoP, go play wasteland2, then return, and be amused by how freaking good aop is ;D.

Or just join me on this: http://i57.fastpic.ru/big/2013/1120/25/74f75817d977bd279ddb65d540234625.png

I might get bashed for this but Wasteland 2 is meh. The overall feel of it is hmm and the way battles work is meh. The way combat goes is boring as well compared to fo1/2 tbh. Not even going to mention the death animations or overall rewarding feel when you kill the enemy. It annoys me because it would have been a great game but I find Fo1/2 to have a better atmosphere feel and not to mention the gameplay. Also the way leveling works in Wasteland 2 is again bleah, it's almost like all you do when you level you add 1 single stat and that's it. You either go for first aid or a certain gun. Starting battles with 4 guys  in 1 square is annoying as well.

Even though you can't take cover in fo1/2 and the combat might "repeat" it still feels better than Wasteland 2's. I know you can take cover there but it resorts to that. Take cover and just aim and hope not to get 1 shot.
Even Jagged ALliance 2 has a better vibe than it, but that's just me :P sry if I have offended.

For those who need "RP" content, there is no such thing in ONLINE game, its the player mentality who either roleplay together or don't roleplay at all, and fonline has people who don't like to roleplay. I know shitload of online games where RP is mandatory and therefor has community filled with roleplayers. PvE =/= RP, its all on you folks, either RP or not.

For those wanting more PvE - do you realize how small dev team is, and how much things they actually managed to make for our sorry asses ? Give them time for it, its a load of work.

Also, why play online game filled with other people to do what you do in single player game , fight npcs etc ?.....

About your last statement. It adds variety. It makes the world more populated. It gives you more to do. It gives you a challenge that you can win and get something out of it and get better at it overall getting better at PVP since you'd have gear and such.

If all you'd do is 1 vs 1 people, nobody would play. Start a new character and get destroyed by people. It's already hard to win in small pvp at low levels.

PVE content is needed. This is not the type of game where you can just 5 vs 5 forever like CS and so on. :P

Also if you like roleplaying I suggest LS-RP (The best roleplay server) in sa-mp (san andreas multiplayer) At peak it gets around 600 ppl on and it's all serious RP, but it's set in our time and there's no mass deathmatch or stuff like that.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 07:43:17 AM by MasacruAlex »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2014, 07:43:23 AM »

MassacruAlex - read my message carefully and feel the words, once more.

1. get bored
2. play wasteland
3. return back and be amused how good was that thing that got you bored, in comparison.

P.S.
I'm heavily bashing wasteland, that game is complete and utter shit. I believe some time ago even cirn0 agreed with me.

MasacruAlex

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2014, 07:45:46 AM »

MassacruAlex - read my message carefully and feel the words, once more.

1. get bored
2. play wasteland
3. return back and be amused how good was that thing that got you bored, in comparison.

P.S.
I'm heavily bashing wasteland, that game is complete and utter shit. I believe some time ago even cirn0 agreed with me.

is it legal to marry a boot?

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2014, 07:50:01 AM »

is it legal to marry a boot?

I already have a lovely little foot to wear me.
Boot-history
Spoiler for Hiden:
http://forum.goon-haven.ru/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=900&hilit=%D1%81%D0%B0

Entire text is in Russian, but pictures are pretty damn self-explanatory.
I would freaking pay my monthly paycheck to play a Fallout with a Mega Power Boot

Deathproof

« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2014, 08:04:08 AM »

About your last statement. It adds variety. It makes the world more populated. It gives you more to do. It gives you a challenge that you can win and get something out of it and get better at it overall getting better at PVP since you'd have gear and such.

If all you'd do is 1 vs 1 people, nobody would play. Start a new character and get destroyed by people. It's already hard to win in small pvp at low levels.

PVE content is needed. This is not the type of game where you can just 5 vs 5 forever like CS and so on. :P

Also if you like roleplaying I suggest LS-RP (The best roleplay server) in sa-mp (san andreas multiplayer) At peak it gets around 600 ppl on and it's all serious RP, but it's set in our time and there's no mass deathmatch or stuff like that.

Gear is really easy to get ( I don't know when this because a problem on aop srsly) crafting is so easy and killing people gets you their gear. (I'm really trying to understand all people having troubles getting gear and being afraid to lose it by pvp-ing, but I can't since I have shitload of gear so easily)

You get better by outplaying the better opponent. ZC or random core PvP is a challenge where you need to use head (well in 80% of cases, other 20% are press A and click). Yes its not CS, it requires some thinking when its team based action (also its got crafting,shitload of weapons and viable tactics, skills etc). But I have a feeling bunch of people are afraid to pvp, again to lose gear, which is easy to get (unless people are getting it solely by playing assignment for caps, which is waste of time)

I agree it adds variety and have nothing against PvE, but with 120ish people server having more people playing PvE than PvP would be complete failure of this server. They'll add it, but give them time.

P.S. I played discovery mod (freelancer game) for couple of years. Mandatory RP which makes it fun for RP-ers. Player driver factions who make their own lore, tasks to do, events, etc(all made up by players, not engine added).... while the PvE is practically limited to doing missions (like assignments here), people do it only to level up (just as here,well "level up" isn't right term for that game) so they can go pvp and interact with other people.

Dunno man.....only reason its getting boring to me lately is because there aren't enough people in the core. I have to waste 30min-1h just to kill 1-2 people, while it should be filled with random encounters with players.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 09:51:31 AM by Deathproof »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip