Author Topic: Hybrid weapons  (Read 5251 times)

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
Hybrid weapons
« on: September 18, 2014, 03:03:32 PM »

Whats is this? Basically weapons that can be used by two different skills. i think its already the case with silenced SMG chance to hit are both unlocked by the higher value between small guns and sneak

So the suggestion its about make the same with wakizashi and machete at first.
This thing that Wakizashi doesnt unlock perks by melee its very confuse for almost every player. So, for me sound more like a fix, concidering those weapons are melee weapons.

And also make the same with every spears (or maybe for every spear that have thrust attack mode?)
Yes, this is a direct buff for melee class, a kind of bleed over between melee and throwing (but it won't work for grenades), this way the melee class can be more versatile and will be allowed to use more weapons.

With small guns you have access to various kind of weapons, pistols, smg, shotguns,  rifles, snipers, light machine guns… every one with different ranges and values, from almost CaC (smg and shotguns) to exceptional ranges (snipers). Same but with less options we have energy and big guns. But melee, although it have different purpose weapons, the options are very limited (even wakizashi isn't considered a melee weapon, for what refer to skills) so this can give a option to have a ranged attack and allow to use spears as melee weapons for more weapons with 2hex range. After all some spears can be used at melee.

tl,dr:
Make wakizashi and machete unlock perks by max skill between melee and sneak+50
Make silenced SMG and needler unlock perks by max skill between small guns and sneak+50
Make spears unlock perks and chance to hit/range by max skill between melee and throwing+50
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:22:05 PM by SnowCrash »

MuchaChota

• Wastelander
  • CERRA LOS OJOS Y ABRI LA BOCA
    • View Profile
Re: Hybrid weapons
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 11:09:30 AM »

+1 to unlock spears perks with 250 HtH

Maybe even change spears to HtH weapon and leave throwing only for nades. I know, 200 in throwing only to use nades sounds like a bad trade, but when they work like they should its gonna be a worthy investment from all points of view
meta vino y porqueria

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 11:12:28 AM »

You've forgotten to add a synergy for LMGs SG+BG ;D, since that confused lots of people also.

This suggestion requires thought, we need to calculate numbers before suggesting such stuff.
(i.e. will it even be possible for a melee character to go for 250 hth and 200 throwing and at the same time not become useless)
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

MuchaChota

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 11:52:42 AM »

You've forgotten to add a synergy for LMGs SG+BG ;D, since that confused lots of people also.

This suggestion requires thought, we need to calculate numbers before suggesting such stuff.
(i.e. will it even be possible for a melee character to go for 250 hth and 200 throwing and at the same time not become useless)

And that is the point. Lets say i want a melee char that also uses spears, so I'd need to have 250hth and 200 throwing(to unlock all perks of both), for that you need at least 7+educated or 8 IN depending on specials...
meta vino y porqueria

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 01:26:46 PM »

Sounds reasonable, this will allow us to add more weapons into the game without worrying too much about which class has more guns.

LMG => SG / BG
Spears => Melee / Throwing
Sneak => Everything / Sneak
ect.

I don't see why not!
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 02:51:15 PM »

And if someone has 250 hth and 200 throwing? Maybe there could be different perks? More/better criticals for throwing and bonus damage for hth? Hit the gaps for hth, and Silent Death for sneak?

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 02:53:12 PM »

Maybe not, we don't need another must have thing for builds

MuchaChota

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 08:48:25 PM »

Maybe not, we don't need another must have thing for builds

Agree

This thread made me realise how IN 8-10 is complete must for all builds, being both primary and secondary skills so relevant to the server balance. You need 8IN/7IN+educated(depending on tags and special distribution) to get any primary to 250 and 200 100 or 150~164 150 secondaries, 6IN/6IN+educated(depending on tags and special distribution) for 250 150 0, etc etc.
I don't know if devs calculated sp distribution for 1-10IN with different combination of tags, but tinkering with several builds with completely different special distribution and not focusing on crit, the lower i can take the int to not make the char useless is 6+educated or only 6 if i pump specific specials to get better starting skills. I know this has a lot of numbers and calculations behind to change it easy, but what im trying to say is that it should be easier to reach round numbers in skills like 250 150 150, 250 200 150, 250 150 100, etc.

The only thing i could think of to make lower IN builds more skill viable(i havent done the mats) is to buff up the influence of specials in tagged starting skills.

Users and devs, what do you think about this?
meta vino y porqueria

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 09:02:10 PM »

I made a similar argument mucha, wherein intelligence actually increases a large amount of starting skill values as well as their end result, and where some specials only increase one or two and/or only have a very small influence.

I would've suggested making intelligence almost irrelevant to starting skill values, and make it only increase say doctor and some pve skills with increased values, and have the other special stats MUCH more influential over their specific primary and secondary skills (and boost luck to increase all by 2-3 each point).

This way even low int characters will likely have very high (100-130) starting skill scores relevant to their build, but obviously will not be able to be as selective as to what they increase from there, where high int characters get not only more skill points by the end, but more customization in their focuses.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:05:35 PM by mAdman »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip