Author Topic: Worldmap and random encs?  (Read 4802 times)

KAM

• Wanderer
  • Relentless.
    • View Profile
Worldmap and random encs?
« on: September 06, 2014, 06:04:11 PM »

So uhm, yeah. How exactly does it work here? While I walk all over the goddamn map nothing pops up, making me wonder if there even ARE any random encs.. No forced spawn on a random map and no "do you wish to encounter..."-dialogs coming up.. With 70 outdoorsman:/

"So fuck it" I tell myself, "I just try spawn on a map in some remote area, searching for those freakin'  geckos for the quest to get my awareness perk" and keep getting f'ed in the a by all sorts of well equipped NPC-humans.

So apart from my first question how encounters and outdoorsman work here–

Which zones should I check to find some geckos?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 06:06:18 PM by KAM »

paragon

Re: Worldmap and random encs?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 06:17:41 PM »

There was update in which devs wrote "Forced encounters disabled", although I got in one and my friend even spawned on top of me after it.

Golden geckos sometimes could be met around your Phoenix gates

KAM

• Wanderer
  • Relentless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 06:53:51 PM »

Golden geckos sometimes could be met around your Phoenix gates

Thanks, will try there.

Would be helpful if there was at least a message telling what you encounter when you spawn into a random map ::)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 07:05:50 PM by KAM »

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 07:15:05 PM »

There shouldn't be any more forced random encounter for now, but you can still enter maps everywhere (except in the close area near your hq).

Hang-Lip

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Wastelander
  • Got a smoke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 07:15:56 PM »

Anything from a group of aliens, geckos, ants, molerats, DC's, bounty hunters ,farmers, raiders, power armored guys etc, spawn into the enc map.

Sometimes they fight each other. Then you collect the spoils. Be quick though, raiders could spawn on your arse as your looting.

AKA Ox-Skull.
Hang-Lip graffiti by Stem Sunders.

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 07:36:23 PM »

Mob pools differ from a type of region to another. For now we have three types of regions:

- desert
- mountain
- city

and all combinations of those 3.

Mobs such as geckos and brahmins spawn much more in mountain maps, while humans spawn more often in city maps.

Hellingen

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 07:53:14 PM »

and keep getting f'ed in the a by all sorts of well equipped NPC-humans.

I would like to talk about that point (maybe not the good place to).
Me and my group of friends have noticed a HUGE problem, mainly since the last update (07.09).
But talking about this point :
- NPCs spot you from very far, they run too fast, they shoot you while running (Escape and sneaking is 95% of the time impossible)
- NPCs have too much hitpoints and they kill you in less a second (Fight is not an option and chances to escape are near to 0)

I have more to tell about the last update, so if you want me to continue please tell me where I can.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 07:54:53 PM by Hellingen »

KAM

• Wanderer
  • Relentless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 08:52:44 PM »

Mob pools differ from a type of region to another. For now we have three types of regions:

- desert
- mountain
- city

and all combinations of those 3.

Mobs such as geckos and brahmins spawn much more in mountain maps, while humans spawn more often in city maps.
First helpful answer, thanks.

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 12:25:42 AM »

and keep getting f'ed in the a by all sorts of well equipped NPC-humans.

I would like to talk about that point (maybe not the good place to).
Me and my group of friends have noticed a HUGE problem, mainly since the last update (07.09).
But talking about this point :
- NPCs spot you from very far, they run too fast, they shoot you while running (Escape and sneaking is 95% of the time impossible)
- NPCs have too much hitpoints and they kill you in less a second (Fight is not an option and chances to escape are near to 0)

I have more to tell about the last update, so if you want me to continue please tell me where I can.

If you're talking about random encounters, it's a good place, if you talk in general it's not ;)

We know mobs still have some issues that we need to fix, but it has nothing to do with the last update.

Hellingen

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 02:51:05 AM »

Ah yes sorry, concerning the last update I wanted to write about "- Core resources generation is more randomized"
Quickly : I didn't spend much time but the lack of resources now is -in my view- terrible.
You die in less than a second (without possibly escaping) and you search for res for too much time.
I think the last system was better, the rhythm? of the game seems broken to me and the persons I play with (spending so much time to look for what you need in a pvp system, so expecting to die very fast, it's non-sens).

(Si c'est pas le bon endroit, merci de me dire où encore une fois, je n'ai malheureusement pas le temps ce matin de développer)

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 02:56:43 AM »

If you want to comment the changelog, post in the changelog thread, that would be better indeed. We have to see how this plays out but I was told resources were nice now.

In which faction are you? V-Tecs are really numerous right now, so resources on their side of the city should be much more often depleted.

Hellingen

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 11:54:20 AM »

Thanks, I will reply to you in the appropriated subject.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip