Author Topic: Assasination Assignments  (Read 3295 times)

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
Assasination Assignments
« on: September 16, 2014, 06:54:06 PM »

So what's the deal with these missions,are they bugged or what?Basically after you get the warning message VIP runs in like 3-4 secs out....Are we supposed to rush entire map and take 10+ enemies on us to manage to kill him?Would be nice if you would increase the timer a bit,like extra 20-30 secs after the message before VIP runs out.As it currently stands it's best to simply avoid assasination type of missions....
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

greenthumb

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Assasination Assignments
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 07:14:54 PM »

this is valid question, also there should be all assignment locations having just 1 or 2 grids, if some got 1 and some got 2 it pretty much messes all mechanics related to running  away NPCs.

Current state for assasination missions are just: no,no,no.

Saeko

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Assasination Assignments
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 07:52:05 PM »

This feature is very cool, but it would be nice if it was actually possible to cut the npc off from escaping. I mean, forcing him to go for the grids would be a perfect solution, otherwise it feels really cheap and a little bit inconsistent for the npc to leave the map via a route that isn't available to players. Right now you just have to metal gear solid those missions and you're mostly screwed is you trigger the alarm, which makes them somewhat annoying to farm and very easy to fail, at least when compared with the other assignment types.

I don't want to see NPC escapes removed from the game as they spice things up, juat give us some viable counterplay aside from luring the guards towards the grid to kill them away from the others all the time.
Nice_Boat

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip