Author Topic: Secondary skills bugged  (Read 6511 times)

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
Secondary skills bugged
« on: September 16, 2014, 03:30:20 PM »

So as i understand your lower secondary tagged skill should determine how much you can lvl your non tagged secondary skills,and that seems ok.But for some reason it's not working like that.I have FA 148% and Doc 150% and by all means i should be able to lvl, for example ,traps to 148%,but for some odd reason(i guess bug) i can lvl it up to 150%.This should be corrected because if it's kept like this then what's the point of tagging two good secondary skills?You can tag one important,one non important for you build and lvl important one to 200% and then you can get other important secondary skill also to 200% which makes OP characters.
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

catstevens

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Secondary skills bugged
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 04:29:50 PM »

I would also like someone to confirm how it works with gifted (I know its been explained but I wonder if it works like this in practice).

Also what I am to do when my gifted char is around lvl 30 and I've maxed out all skills to 100 or whatever I will be able to get them to? I think by lvl 30 I will have all skills at max levels but then I'll still be getting 25 sp per level which I wont be able to spend on anything.

I think that after 24 you shold be able to raise tagged skills for ridiculous cost, like 50 sp per 1 percent, so players wont have wasted sp and no way to improve character by lvl 30 :)

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 06:30:26 AM »

Still no official word on this one?This should be high priority.....
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »

Are you able to cap out on your weapon skill AND one of your secondary before 24 Porkchop?
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 02:30:27 PM »

No because i dont have high enough int to max them, i split them 148% FA and 150% doctor,and if i'm correct i should be able to get  my all other secondary skills to 148% because my lower secondary tagged one(FA) is 148%,but that wasn't the case,i have sneak 150% which is untagged...Unless that's the way its supposed to work but wiki claims differently and its logical to be other way around.I should be able to have sneak or any other secondary untagged skill maximum 148%
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 02:32:53 PM by PorkchopExpress »

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 02:11:20 AM »

That is really strange, my highest skills are 250 sg, 200 traps and 188 doc. I haven't gotten any other skills high enough to test if this problem applies to me too, but, can your other skills go over 150? or does 150 seem to be the cap for you?

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 06:07:30 AM »

That is really strange, my highest skills are 250 sg, 200 traps and 188 doc. I haven't gotten any other skills high enough to test if this problem applies to me too, but, can your other skills go over 150? or does 150 seem to be the cap for you?

150% is cap because my highest tagged secondary skill is doctor(150%) while my lower secondary tagged skill is FA(148%).So if i understand wiki and game mechanic well,i shouldn't be able to have sneak(untagged) 150% maximum but 148%.In your case your untagged secondary skills should be maximum 188% ,but i wouldn't be surprised if you could actually go for 200% which is imbalanced because you can abuse this mechanic as i mentioned in previous posts.

mojuk

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 06:38:37 AM »

It seams bugged to me too:
Quote from: wiki
If your secondary tagged skills are at 175% and 150%, all the other secondary skills can only be increased up to 150%, but not beyond that.
According to that I should not be able to have 133 traps and 164 doc because cap should be at 131 from throwing.

TheTylerLee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 07:26:21 AM »

It seams bugged to me too:
Quote from: wiki
If your secondary tagged skills are at 175% and 150%, all the other secondary skills can only be increased up to 150%, but not beyond that.
According to that I should not be able to have 133 traps and 164 doc because cap should be at 131 from throwing.

What level are you?

EDIT: At level 24 you cannot raise any skills past; your highest primary skill, and the lowest of your two highest secondary skills. Your doctor skill is the lowest of your two secondary skills, so no skills can be higher than that.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:28:32 AM by TheTylerLee »

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 07:29:40 AM »

150% is cap because my highest tagged secondary skill is doctor(150%) while my lower secondary tagged skill is FA(148%).So if i understand wiki and game mechanic well,i shouldn't be able to have sneak(untagged) 150% maximum but 148%.In your case your untagged secondary skills should be maximum 188% ,but i wouldn't be surprised if you could actually go for 200% which is imbalanced because you can abuse this mechanic as i mentioned in previous posts.

Yeah, I will test the theory myself when i get to those levels, but that will take a bit.

But it is a good bug catch because you are right, it should be the second highest for obvious reasons.

mojuk

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 08:46:10 AM »

What level are you?

EDIT: At level 24 you cannot raise any skills past; your highest primary skill, and the lowest of your two highest secondary skills. Your doctor skill is the lowest of your two secondary skills, so no skills can be higher than that.
At lvl 24 my top skills were 1) SG 250, 2) FA 200, Throwing 131. So my skill cap should be 1) 250, 2) 131.
I used skill points from lvls 24-38 to raise traps first when I noticed it didn't stop and 131 even after closing character window (there was possibility my traps skill would be lowered to 131 and skill points refunded but this didn't happen) so I put all remaining skill points to doctor as you can see on image above.

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 08:56:23 AM »

Exactly what i'm talking about,your maximum doctor should be 131% ,and not be able to go to 200%.This needs to be fixed ASAP or we'll have characters with all secondary skills at 200%....
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:04:41 AM by PorkchopExpress »

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 01:00:38 PM »

K
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 02:09:03 PM »

Any info on this?

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip