Author Topic: Perks balance/tweaks  (Read 4131 times)

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
Perks balance/tweaks
« on: October 15, 2014, 01:54:34 PM »

I like to suggest some perk changes/tweaks, based on my experience and tests, some perks feels underpowered, while others are extremely situational (bloodthirst, evil scientist).

Action boy: 2AG only gives 0.88 AP Regeneration, and compared to bonus rate of fire it offers less advantages in terms of DPS, a small buff could be to make the bonus at least 1 AP regeneration

Living anatomy: The extra information is not that usefull actually, and the bonus in critical is less than 1 IN point. maybe increase the bonus to 5%. Or change it to a specific bonus instead, my propositions are:
-Increased bleed power
-Bonus to crippling limbs (like crippling shoot perk)

Do or Die: The concept its interesting but the effect isn't very noticeable and only useful in PvE, as in any PvP situation you will try to avoid being with low health every time you can. So you will never see the bonus of this until you are almost dead.
This can't be compared with Adrenaline rush, where you get DR and DT, because that effect works immediately when you get shoot (and not at full heal) and usually you get an average bonus of half the max bonus. To get the AP bonus you need to remain with low health as the AP+ applies every half second.
Double the bonus (+4AP regen) seems that can be reasonably, considering the drawbacks to be with low health in a battle.

Armor Efficiency: bypass resistance is nice but too specific, as an additional bonus it can give slower deterioration for armors.
Other possible bonus can be to unlock a perk for every armor (each armor type can have a different perk, but this might be hard to balance). Or to ignore a negative trait for every armor (paper wall, malus rof, bulky), leather and sca don't have negative traits

Improved hemostasis: for now i haven't get too much trouble from being bleeding and never use bandages, dont know if didn't get enough amount of bleeding or i die too fast to note the bleeding effect. In any case, this perk can have a bonus in healing rate as well, to make it more appealing and less specific

Silent hill Death: the perk its fine, but why it have that name? it doesn't make any sense, its not related with silent death at all. Bloodthirst can be a good name, but we already have it used (swap the name between those perks?). Other suggested names are Slayer, Bloody Mess, Kill Frenzy, Finisher, Relentless.

Quick recovery II: Rename it to unstoppable? (Based on the effect that reduces duration of most slow status). Maybe additional resistance to crippled legs?

Psychopath: the bonus feels low (you get from 7 to 10 AP per half second). I think it will be more interesting if also gives a AP+ bonus for some time.
So i propose +25 AP instantly for killing and +2.5 AP regeneration for 10 seconds (for a total of 50 AP after 10 secs)

Bonus rate of fire: its fine and balanced, just change the description to make it clear that works for every weapon and not only for ranged ones

Fast reload: For most weapons you dont spend much time reloading than shooting, may be increase the bonus to 15% less AP for reload

Bloodthirst: The speed bonus is interesting, but killing someone while sneaking its very situational (there are few silent weapons, and you must remain undetected to get the boost), what about making it work every time you kill with a melee weapon? (removing the sneak requirement), this will make it useful for non sneaker melee chars as well. Or make it work when you kill a target from less than 8 hexes, so it will also work for close combat chars, as flamers and smg bursters.

Evil Scientist: seems kinda useless, maybe add also the electrical damage when the trap is triggered, and make the char get disoriented for 5 secs.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:07:56 PM by SnowCrash »

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Perks balance/tweaks
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 01:57:41 PM »

reference to silent hill  >:(

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 02:06:30 PM »

reference to silent hill  >:(
Yeah i get it, but the effect has nothing to do with silent hill or silent death.
Its like if a perk its called adrenaline rush hour and gives a bonus to first aid.

paragon

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 02:07:04 PM »

I agree that all perks you referenced are not good enough to take and could be buffed.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 06:38:28 PM »

Some good points, though if action boy was increased to 1 flat you would have to make do or die between 2.5 - 3 or one would be stronger than the other.

Also armor efficiency is actually a very strong perk as it is and could stand to be scaled back a bit (15% resist to armor bypass (which happens almost every shot), vs 5% DR from toughness, makes it quite a simple choice really).

Bloodthirst is another one that is very strong too, but as you say it is quite situational, but if made available to all melees, it would become a staple in all melee builds. I like that it is relevant to stealth, and think it should be more along the lines of, if you kill someone while stealthed or while you have a desneaking penalty active (5 seconds after desneaking) then you get the move speed buff.

Other than that I am in agreement.

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 11:18:49 PM »

Also armor efficiency is actually a very strong perk as it is and could stand to be scaled back a bit (15% resist to armor bypass (which happens almost every shot), vs 5% DR from toughness, makes it quite a simple choice really).
Critical AG gives 25% more chance to avoid it at all, along with resistance to other effects (which for me seems a better choice). And Bypass are probably happen a lot now, because must chars have 1AG

Bloodthirst is another one that is very strong too, but as you say it is quite situational, but if made available to all melees, it would become a staple in all melee builds.
Not sure if will become a must have. Now most of the perks are deffencive, and melee need most of them, so having this one available for them will make to choose mobility over defence. If more offensive and mobility perks are added in the future it can lead to different builds based on your gameplay
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:21:44 PM by SnowCrash »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip