Author Topic: Awareness  (Read 2910 times)

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
Awareness
« on: October 09, 2014, 09:40:33 AM »

I think its necessary that every character must know what weapon and armor an opponent have, to know which tactic or what weapon its better to use against a target (or when to run), especially here, where a flamer, a laser rifle or a heavy sniper have the same look. Due to these graphic limitations we need additional information to know those characteristics.

Awareness its the solution here, but every character at start should be able to see armor and weapon without any requirement, and also health status of the opponent (unhurt, wounded, etc. which you can see anyway in the text log)
This is basic information that every player should know, it will make easier to survive in the beginning of the game.
Then, the awareness perk (obtained by the quest) will unlock the other information (current/max hp, crippling, etc).

Awareness will still be a must have, know the exact amount of HP gives a real and useful advantage. I know the quest its not hard, but it takes some time and may cause you to die sometimes while hunting geckos. This change will only make the game a bit simple for new players.
This change can also remove the requirement from living anatomy (which i assume most characters don't have awareness perk when they reach lvl 3)

paragon

Re: Awareness
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 09:47:28 AM »

AFAIN After (and if) tutorial will be back, you'd probably get awareness by the time you actually finish it...

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip