Author Topic: You know whats ironic about this whole rpg aspect?  (Read 14749 times)

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
You know whats ironic about this whole rpg aspect?
« on: September 05, 2014, 12:17:31 AM »

It's really ironic that all of these factions are fighting each other, I mean think of how great everything would be if they worked together?
You have the legalist lawyers, who can make laws, and government, and establish order.
Vtec to supply everyone with technological needs, and advancements, science, and education.
Brahmin boys to do all the manual labor, make sure everyone has beef/milk, and stuff to eat.
And the family to make booze, and teach everyone family values:P

It would be a utopian society in an otherwise harsh environment...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 12:19:22 AM by faopcurious »

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: You know whats ironic about this whole rpg aspect?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 12:40:13 AM »

No.
Everyone dies.
Such is life.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 12:45:07 AM »

Its like communism vs. Democracy

2 complete different views

Other 2 are just puppets, we all know 2 factions are gonna go at it while rest picking off the leftovers .

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 07:24:57 AM »

You go tell that to the current real world ;D. Would be nice knowing that your children will never have to one day wake up to the sound of an air emergency alarm...
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 01:44:20 AM »

It's really ironic that all of these factions are fighting each other, I mean think of how great everything would be if they worked together?
You have the legalist lawyers, who can make laws, and government, and establish order.
Vtec to supply everyone with technological needs, and advancements, science, and education.
Brahmin boys to do all the manual labor, make sure everyone has beef/milk, and stuff to eat.

Utopian? You just described an inherent class system where power is disseminated entirely unequally, with the lawyers in the highest social echelon as lawmakers and politicians, V-tech as the military and technological development arm of this echelon, the family as the propagators (teachers) of this class system, and the poor brahmin boys providing the slave labor to all of the higher tiers acting as the proletariat in this situation.

Without some serious forms of control (totalitarianism or mediated thought control) the slaves would revolt, and you would have a civil war in no time.

Stribe

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 09:59:46 AM »

Reminds me of the movie Divergent.

Deathproof

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 11:19:07 AM »

You know whats ironic about this....real world ? We could all live in peace, produce food, explore space,improve medicine, help each other build sustainable economy's etc.

That's why is hardly ironic, its an mirror to real world, which makes it pretty realistic. Why share when you can own everything for yourself.

Casual

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 02:09:23 PM »

If you want something like this, play Face Of manking on steam, great game, with great community.
AoP is stricte pvp, and iam actually enjoy it ;)

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 05:01:06 PM »

I played face of mankind, i was like wandering around, and random ppl start shooting, it is open world pvp like fonline.  plus i didnt know wtf to do, there was this dark place with NPC enemies, i played the shit out of the game for one day, and havent played it since, it is still installed.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip