Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The thread formally known as "best its ever been" (SNEK ARGUMENT)  (Read 20661 times)

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Best its ever been
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2016, 06:18:43 PM »

(You realize you burn your own ass with 3/4 of the things you say right?)

;^]

Wipe

• Wanderer
  • Random is god
    • View Profile
    • FOdev
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2016, 06:54:09 PM »

Ramon and Weasel in same thread?

!!! CATFIGHT !!!
Games are meant to be created, not played...

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2016, 06:56:14 PM »

I would gladly settle the dispute in a fight but my opponent is someone that has never played sneak on AoP but assumes he knows everything

Wire

• Global Moderator
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
(=<`#9]~6ZY32Vx/4Rs+0No-&Jk)"Fh}|Bcy?`=*z]Kw%oG4UUS0/@-ejc(:'8dc
irc: V_guessWho

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2016, 09:15:20 PM »

And go ahead and try to find something wrong with #3:'' no sneakers in CAs/MAs, no wielding assault rifles and machine guns while sneaking: stealth weapons only. Nerf the said sneak weapons so sneakers can realisticly fight other sneakers, but not pvp apes. And there you have it, sneakers fight their information war amongst themselves, while the fighters fight the other fighters. One team have a sneak and you dont? Well they will know your position movements etc and thus get the advantage. And that's it, that's the role of sneakers.....not insta backstab murder anything you see.''

If that happened, there would be fun for everyone and balance between sneaks and fighters. It was like this for ages in Fonline and it always worked, why try to fix what's not broken? Sneakers fight other sneakers to deny the info they would send their team, while trying to stay alive to keep sending info to their own team....Sure they can backstab and finish wounded soldiers if they want, but not head on attack a full health soldier. It's all about doing the smart moves and chosing the right moment etc. Veteran sneakers probably looks at AOP sneaking and lose interest seeing how it require little to no skill/smarts at all.

I can agree with some of those statements, but not all.
First, I dont think sneak should be only able to fight other sneakers. Sneak weapons should offer different options to be used in PvP fights (lure/disrupt/debuff enemies, finish severely wounded targets, etc)
Second, Yes sneak weapons need to be nerfed/adjusted. But they should be able to fulfill different roles. Some weapons should be good against enemy sneakers, Some weapons should be good to backstab, Some weapons should be good to debuff enemies. So a sneakers must choose to be good in 1 or two PvP situations. Or to be good to scout.
Third. I agree that sneaks should be mostly limited to sneak weapons and leather armors. But i say mostly, not “only limited”. IMO penalties should be much higher for heavy armors and no sneak weapons. But a player should be able to use a steal boy with CA and some rifle if he want. But with a little bonus for doing so. (We can mostly agree that majority/or even all big guns are out of the equation)

Why? The best thing of this server is that was the first (and unique) server that make viable most of the different gameplays styles for PvP. (Melee, big guns, flamer builds, spear thrower, sniper, gunslinger, and so on…) And that was because of the developers ideals of what kind of game they wanted to build. They even have to change lot of the base of fallout and FOnline games and think different approaches to fulfill that purpose. And i like what they are building, and how they don't give up when people only say “that's shit just remove it“. So i support the team when they want to make a secondary skill viable for most of the characters. Even if it takes lot of time to get at a balanced state.
Yeah i know, this sound a lot like zootopia “anyone can be anything” :)

Now i think that the third point is the most controversial and will be the harder to balance.
So if it were to me, i would take out that part and try to balance sneak only with sneak weapons and leather armors at first. Then we can gradually add the other weapons (first pistols, then smg, then sniper rifles..) and armors.

Weasel

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: The thread formally known as "best its ever been" (SNEK ARGUMENT)
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2016, 10:31:49 AM »

Right, effects instead of mass-damages would be the way to go imo, as i said it should be about playing smart and chosing the right moment to act. And yes finishing woundeds or ganging up on one pvp should also be possible, but not outright 1v1 them.

''Why? The best thing of this server is that was the first (and unique) server that make viable most of the different gameplays styles for PvP. (Melee, big guns, flamer builds, spear thrower, sniper, gunslinger, and so on…) And that was because of the developers ideals of what kind of game they wanted to build.''

Totally agree with that, but the current problem with sneakers makes it somewhat impossible to trully play as a sniper. The whole concept of long streets and larger maps fields/buildings was so everyone could be of use. When your team advance you can stay behind with sniper, and cover the others while checking for ennemy movements around you, but since sneakers can be anywhere and insta-kill you.....you just stay with the group. Same reason we mostly see toilet control and people camping inside a building....only way to avoid being backstabbed by sneaks.

It also kills all hope for small scale fights/ scavenger fights etc.....It's because of sneaks that we now have the ~zc function.....wich people use to remain invisible on core map. So no more scavenger fights, and nobody will show on map unless they are starting ZC....As a result, bunch of people being bored seeing nothing to do and they leave. Sneakers just seem to defeat the whole purpose of the server right now.

As for sneaking armor penalty......currently you get -30 for bluesuit. And -0 for CA/MA....definatly gotta change lol.

IIKM-enotsneknarF

• Wastelander
  • S.P.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2016, 08:52:02 PM »

I can make a very long post on my thoughts of sneaks and this discussion but I'm but going to waste my time, especially when devs don't care, weasel pretty much said what I would, and server has been dead for a week straight now and counting.

BTW s1man, you never asked me shit, and my sneak proposal is nice and simple, not overhauling everything, making it into something complicated.
u ain't shiite retaard )0))

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2016, 09:02:35 PM »

Sneak will give their opinion anyway, but you should ask the rest of the server too.

You don t only ask the boss if the salary is good. He will always say it is too much. Same with sneak and nerf.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

IIKM-enotsneknarF

• Wastelander
  • S.P.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2016, 10:21:52 PM »

Sneak will give their opinion anyway, but you should ask the rest of the server too.

You don t only ask the boss if the salary is good. He will always say it is too much. Same with sneak and nerf.

I know English isn't your first language but what?
u ain't shiite retaard )0))

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2016, 06:37:51 AM »

0vs0 is always balanced

FrankenStone-MKII

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2016, 11:03:36 AM »

0vs0 is always balanced
LOLd hard but u are right aop reched its goal the perfect balance. atleast we arent paying the energybill, thank god.

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2016, 12:57:54 PM »

0vs0 is always balanced

Cant complain about sneak balancing anymore ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip