Author Topic: first impressions playing AoP  (Read 13942 times)

m6k3

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
first impressions playing AoP
« on: February 11, 2014, 08:58:10 AM »

I was serching topic like that and i didn't find it, i start to test AoP yeasterday in a break to play and grinding in Fonline2 witch C88. I did not play for many hours but my first experience witch game is quite good. I just love the new AP forumula and AP regen and finaly the lore witch 4 factions ( anybody can find something that he can identify). About maps and environment looks very nice. One more think is the new stuff i love when i have so many wepons to usu and they got many diffrent perks, a lot of diffrent armours. That amout of usable loot just allow to avoid monotony like everybody running in CAmk2. Ok, thats all for now i will ad more thoughts after I spend more time plying it. I woudl like to see other peoples opinion so feel free to write in this topic :)

PS: Sorry for my bad english :)

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
Re: first impressions playing AoP
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 09:01:26 AM »

Thanks dude for your report! We would too read more about your opinions guys, even though this a first test with a reduced amount of players on a game that is of course mostly about pvp and interactions in general.

Surely we just got started, game is still incomplete and buggy, but I guess the general feeling at least should be there.

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 05:45:14 PM »

Guys, if you have impressions to share about the game, please feel free to do so here. Just avoid giving suggestions or reporting bugs here, there are dedicated sections for that.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 12:01:06 AM »

Oh man, so fun using a 10mm pistol against those rats :D

I really love how it's really fast shot, pew pew pew pew

I didn't past the beginning yet, still in that big map, really like how it looks like you're going lower to higher terrain.

I also like the new action point bar. really cool

Kind of disappointed you have to join 1 out of the 4 factions (I think). I like playing solo most of the time

Also the wiki, it says I need to log in, what gives :P

I'll play it more when I have the time

Pic_Ho

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 12:21:22 AM »

Hello everyone. Im not sure if u know me. Im Pic Ho from Hawks.
One day i logged into my e-mail and saw info about start of this server.
Im bored of FOnline 2 and FOnline Reloaded, i needed some new game to play.
And u did it. When i was reading blog of server, i was thinking "Hm, its not much falloutish, i dont like this machanics.", but when i started, i was like in heaven. Guys, i must tell u BIG THANX for ur work. This server is my new FOnline home :)

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 12:48:55 AM »

Also the wiki, it says I need to log in, what gives :P
That's because it isn't complete and released, yet.
Guys, i must tell u BIG THANX for ur work. This server is my new FOnline home :)
Now tell the rest of the Hawks, and let's get some more people to try it out. This four faction system with zone control in the core has so much promise, but needs more people to become really fun.

Pic_Ho

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 01:12:36 AM »

i can try ,but hawks are frozen on FO 2 :/

Kink

• No Name Yet Team
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 06:57:16 AM »

Hello everyone. Im not sure if u know me. Im Pic Ho from Hawks.
One day i logged into my e-mail and saw info about start of this server.
Im bored of FOnline 2 and FOnline Reloaded, i needed some new game to play.
And u did it. When i was reading blog of server, i was thinking "Hm, its not much falloutish, i dont like this machanics.", but when i started, i was like in heaven. Guys, i must tell u BIG THANX for ur work. This server is my new FOnline home :)

Thanks ! And yes we (at least me !) know you, i think we played in same alliance for 2/3 years before it broke. i'm really happy to see old players enjoying our server !

Annette

• Wanderer
  • Small-time Art Student
    • View Profile
    • ArtBlog
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 07:01:26 AM »

I must say, I was gripped the moment I entered the game. The interface looks grand. It retains its Fallout-likeness but makes it modern (Unlike that green interface some other projects are using). Furthermore, the maps are beautifully created. The beginning area, with the road leading downhill, the small swamp-like area with all its turns and dead-ends... uhh, I could go on and on!

The features are quite welcome, while of course many haven't been implemented, I can quite easily think of how useful they'll be. But what really gripped me, was that small 'cutscene' like action, playing at the beginning, before entering Phoenix (With the raiders). Now that there boy, hoh! That's what I praise high!

I could say something about the fluent gameplay, but I haven't invested enough time in it yet. Reserves to say, a grand damn job you did!
You can follow me on devianART and my blog.
"I've been lectured the whole day by men who know only to talk and not act."

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 01:27:15 PM »

Thanks a lot. There is much yet to do, and we work as hard as we can to fix every bug and implement every remaining feature from our initial feature list. Some people might be surprised by the amount of bugs encountered, and the reason is simply because we developed this game from scratch. With our small team and the tremendous amount of time required to develop it, we could not properly organize early bug testing sessions. Fortunately, our faithful testers already did a great job reporting broken stuff, and soon we will be able to come up with more concrete improvements and features to test.

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 02:07:07 AM »

Haven't actually played the game yet, but loving the 4 factions thing, don't let any one sway you from that, it is pointless to have several strong factions and a bunch of weak factions like in fonline2, this way it levels the playing field, and sets a more official PVP setting, which is what most people want anyway, so I don't see why anyone would complain about it.

Edit:  I think i misunderstood the 4 factions, i thought they were player factions.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:47:56 PM by faopcurious »

BG Sexpert

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 09:09:27 AM »

Edit:  I think i misunderstood the 4 factions, i thought they were player factions.

For the most part they are. The factions themselves play a pretty idle role in the core. Sure they give the quests and have the vendors, but it's up to the players to decide who controls the zone. Apart from the faction specific spawn locations, the NPC's stay out of the core, unless the players have taken control of a zone. Even then they only spawn a patrol at random time intervals.

This is very much a game run by the players.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip