Author Topic: Weapon repair kit  (Read 5908 times)

FrankenStone

Weapon repair kit
« on: December 04, 2014, 06:04:09 PM »

pls cirn0 add something that can improve weapon status , because if u farm T3 weapons most of them are in shit quality , would be nice to have atleast some item to improve these weapons ... thx

Stem Sunders

Re: Weapon repair kit
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 06:41:42 PM »

+1

Possible Downsides = Costs caps moneh! Don't gain exp towards engineer/repair skills
Or depending on the said skills will still only restore the item to a certain condition.
Pretty much acting as convenient repair supplies in a box, and not a magic handyman.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 06:50:35 PM by Stem Sunders »

FrankenStone

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 10:18:11 PM »

i dont talk about condition , since u can repair items with oil i talk about quality ...

i dont know what should i do with a garbage turbo plasma weapon which has fragile trait ? shoot 10 shoots and throw it into the trashcan ? i mean its not a easy weapon to get , would be cool if repait kits would improve the quality of an item ... lets say per use it get only to next higher level , and make it a bit expensive lets say 500 caps per kit , so people would think more over it what to improve and what not ... if u turn one wepaon quality from garbage to perfect it would cost 4k caps or so ...

maybe add armor repair kit also for 500 or a bit more expensive , i mean in the end it would cost you more to buy all these kits than craft a new armor with higher quality ... pls add these things its really needed . especially for T3 stuff *_*
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:24:56 PM by FrankenStone »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 10:39:09 PM »

Return the super tool kit and made it sold by the guy who sells fuses, chemical components, etc.

Also I think he means raise the overall quality of an item from Cool --> Outstanding ---> Perfect. Stuff like this :P

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 02:22:31 AM »

I remember devs said it is planned. God knows when.

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 04:20:32 AM »

It could be nice to have a faction npc doing that, to balance the economy :)

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 04:32:51 AM »

I also remember devs were looking for someone to balance economy (everything lel). Dunno if they found someone already. Seems like a daunting task to keep everything in check.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 07:10:20 AM »

Quality, thats what I meant :P not condition sorry.

Also Anza got me thinking.

Would this damage the economy at all?
If we could make everything perfect again there is no need to science anything, apart from maybe tier 1 weapons.
I think science is a good way to remove items from circulation, same with them breaking or being sold.

Just a thought, still +1
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 07:15:48 AM by Stem Sunders »

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 07:59:25 AM »

Atm the economy seems OK because you need to spend money to repair/craft (you can't loot enough kevlar/oil/components mostly). A lot of stuff can be purchased in faction shops too.

I don't think there are a lot of assign grinders, that makes the economy OK. But in the same time, I don't see a lot of trade between players so money seems quite useless except for repairing/crafting

I kinda like it as you can really live and play without spending any cap, still caps make your life easier but it is not overpowered. Like even with CA MKI and AK-74, you can sometimes kill CAMKIII with double deagle .50  ;D

So adding the possibility of restoring armors quality should cost a lot, making that not worth it for most T1 T2 stuff, and people would use that for T3.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 08:33:56 AM »

you can sometimes kill CAMKIII with double deagle .50  ;D

You know me well  ;)

I know what you mean about caps too, the only thing I spend caps on is ammo and new deagles.
+ the odd FA kit and CAMKIII's
Anything else I need can be found or crafted, you're right about trade too.
Don't see much of it myself, if anything its just given for free in most cases, no trade required.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:40:26 AM by Stem Sunders »

FrankenStone

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 09:28:12 AM »

just look on my example , if u would have to pay 500 caps for that repair kit it would cost u 4000 caps to improve just one weapons quality from garbage to perfect , i dont think that it would break economy . what u wanna improve anyway ? weapons from assignements ? lol that crappy guns all for 4k caps , you would have to spend 40k caps if u wanna do so which seems like some huge con ...

so i see no problem in adding such item , the truth is item quality was introduced without much thinking . i would also be ok if u give arthurs knights just perfect weapons lel . but weapon kits are nicer i think because i think in the future when some  T3 stuff will be introduced it would be a good option to not throw them into a trashcan after some use since they are very rare ...

and turbo plasma rifle is the worst of all because of that fragile weapon trait , even when u have a perfect one it detorates very fast , 2 -3 core runs and happy repairing with 4 oil > 200 caps 2*200 > 400 , now think what happens with a garbage one ... its more useless item atm than we think , u cant even trade it because of crappy quality ... and if you science it your heart feels not good .

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 10:10:55 AM »

Im sure one day we will be able to craft T3 in perfect condition.  ;D

Anyway, as I said, I remember devs said "repair kits" are planned.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:12:29 AM by Niamak »

Stem Sunders

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 06:08:50 PM »

Its not a docs bag "backpack"...Its a bag emptied and filled with useful weapon repair equipment.

See, the iddy biddy rifle and cog sticker says so :D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:12:07 PM by Stem Sunders »

FrankenStone

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 06:15:06 PM »

Its not a docs bag "backpack"...Its a bag emptied and filled with useful weapon repair equipment.

See, the iddy biddy rifle and cog sticker says so :D

looks cool , how u made it ? maybe add some wrench to picture or some utilitys

Stem Sunders

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 06:36:30 PM »

Its a backpack from Fallout 1 I got the image from "No Mutants allowed" and put the cog and rifle there.
I like their full items lists.
I'll make another variation with a wrench.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:39:57 PM by Stem Sunders »

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 08:18:15 PM »

Nice stuff! I think this is a good idea in the first place. Most players don't grind t3 stuff so the weapons are rare enough. And indeed, almost always garbage. Which is a bit of a turn-off :)
500 caps per level of quality would be a nice money sink.
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 11:38:06 PM »

I'll use that! Good stuff Stem!
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Stem Sunders

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 09:08:11 PM »

Nice!
These ones a useable
Some variations take your pick, or use them all!

I like the second one best.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 09:23:41 PM by Stem Sunders »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip