Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Assault Rifles  (Read 25927 times)

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
Re: Assault Rifles
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2014, 05:15:52 PM »

So friendly fire is not an issue? Its just simply the lack of damage compared to sniper rifles ect?
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2014, 06:33:01 PM »

Well the removal of friendly fire from AR bursts would certainly make ARs useful, if not OP.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2014, 07:41:26 PM »

almost all burst weapon bad >:(
only BG bursters are useful

BG Sexpert

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2014, 02:45:45 PM »

The problem is with DR. Assault rifles will never be better than snipers for single aimed shot, nor better than BG for burst and this is all for good purpose. So what does Assault have? Single unaimed fast shots, but with people running around with 80% DR and 17 DT,  you are lucky to get 20 damage a shot for like 20 AP.

There are a few routes you could take to improve this. Give single shots an armor penetration modifier? If you simple buff the ammo, other guns (PKS and such) will be benefitted as well. If you give the weapon a modifier that reduces DR then the burst may become too strong (burst is still meh).

Reduce AP of assault rifle single shot significantly (without altering aimed shot). The problem now is that you barely get 1:1 damage:ap. So in 5 shots you've done 1/3 of your opponents life without any critical modifiers (knockouts/cripples) for your entire AP bar. This pretty much makes you shit in every 1v1 or team fight. Now if we can find a way to increase this ratio to 1.5:1 or 2:1 then you might have something. As it stands, the damage:cost ratio is fucked

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2014, 04:46:20 PM »

The problem is with DR. Assault rifles will never be better than snipers for single aimed shot, nor better than BG for burst and this is all for good purpose. So what does Assault have? Single unaimed fast shots, but with people running around with 80% DR and 17 DT,  you are lucky to get 20 damage a shot for like 20 AP.

I think flat dmg bonuses should be a nice start. FN-FAL is such a underpowered rifle, for example, it fires 7,62mm x 51mm yet it doesn't seem really more powerful than your bog-standard 5,56mm x 45 rifle.

How about changing MGs and miniguns by increasing AP use AND damage and reducing their accuracy? So they're slow to fire but capable of firing immense amounts of high-powered bullets all around while a assault rifle is good at firing precise, short bursts or double-taps?

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2014, 04:56:59 PM »

I'm leaning towards the problem with most weapons being their ammo.

PKS is the boss gun because of its incredible ammo mods.

Might introduce in AP variants of the other calibers that'll benefit bursting.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2014, 06:44:04 PM »

Yes please! :D

Possibly hollowpoint variants too (that go 2/1 damage at increased DR).

One thing I have noticed Cirn0 is the AK47 really didn't need the 5 extra damage buff, I see people walking around with these quite often now, as they are tier 1 weapons that outclass some tier 2 ARs. If AK47 is supposed to be the worst or lowest tier AR, please make it's stats reflect this.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2014, 10:30:30 PM »

I'm leaning towards the problem with most weapons being their ammo.

PKS is the boss gun because of its incredible ammo mods.

Might introduce in AP variants of the other calibers that'll benefit bursting.

Please god, this would be wonderful.  I forgo using weapons I love because of ammo modifiers, a change would be great.

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2015, 12:01:18 PM »

No one can hit anything full auto with the AK47. same goes for any ammo larger than .223/5.56 coming out of a light rifle. These larger calibers should have a large spread when full auto. small calibers like the .223 should be very easy to control even when emptying the mag. If the gun is small and has a large projectile, it is often better to single fire (AK47).

Friendly fire should remain in AOP.

we will be patient and vigilant. Both the guns and ammo should be considered when balancing. I love the idea that most guns will be viable. I don't like the idea that everyone must have the same build and the same gun (fonline2)

paragon

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2015, 12:28:39 PM »

Assault Rifles and Friendly Fire in AOP... I expect you to be unhappy soon. ):

There's a thing I don't like about shooting mechanics a lot: 95% chance to hit. Even and especially with bursts for any distance. I think that maximum chance to hit could be used for another way of weapon differentiation.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 12:31:40 PM by paragon »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2015, 12:43:52 PM »

Yeah I was hardly against that also, 95% hit-chance isn't a good thing.

But the stupidiest thing is that you have 95% on melee hits with no melee skill, which renders that skill practically useless. (just dump int for other stats or sp's for supportive activities and you're golden.)
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2015, 12:47:52 PM »

but the perks really give you the chance for one kit KO. The healer build with no primary stats but uses the power fist is cool and all but is it OP? I think my build is cooler.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2015, 01:34:57 PM »

but the perks really give you the chance for one kit KO. The healer build with no primary stats but uses the power fist is cool and all but is it OP? I think my build is cooler.
I said "OR". Dumping INT is the solution here, those bonus-perks mean nothing if you can't land a punch, and you can't land a punch if you won't even get close enough. Basically that INT could be dropped pretty much anywhere: ST,EN,CH,LK... those are much more important for a melee char then wasting shit ton of STATS just to get a single Hit The Gap on a weapon.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip