Author Topic: Hmmmm, suspect..  (Read 13171 times)

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Hmmmm, suspect..
« on: September 06, 2014, 08:12:36 AM »

19:08:30 • ZBSDenis hit you with 3 bullets for 89 hit points.
19:08:31 • ZBSDenis hit you with 2 bullets for 55 hit points.
19:08:32 • ZBSDenis hit you with 3 bullets for 84 hit points.
19:08:32 • ZBSDenis hit you with 3 bullets for 82 hit points and killing you.

:| I got real dead.

But look at the times, 4 bursts within 2 seconds, is it cheating? Or just really fast burst firer?

The idea of cheaters in such a small community game is really concerning, I would really like to know if this was a legit death or not.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:08:37 AM by mAdman »

Stem Sunders

Re: Hmmmm, suspect..
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 01:36:01 AM »

I sometimes wonder the validity of my death, it might not be cheating so much as the game has allowed the player to do that. maybe a balance issue?

I know previous Fonlines had aimhacks, wallhacks and mining bots. I hope none of that is present here, it really sucks the fun out of the game for those who want to play legit.

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 01:40:19 AM »

It really depends which weapon he used to kill you. According to what I see, he could have used a deployed machine gun/minigun and do that. Some small guns like the Tommy gun also allow to shoot very fast, and pistols as well. The speed here is not really surprising in itself, the log isn't sufficient to say if there is a cheat involved.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 08:59:49 AM »

I am starting to feel inclined this way too, he was definitely using a big gun, but as for what is was exactly I couldn't tell you, but I assume, much like the tommy gun some big guns like miniguns etc might be capable of repeated bursts, or possibly it just glitched out in the moment and overfired (leaving him at a large minus AP) who knows really.

The main thing is that it does seem legitimately possible :)

So it was a good death.

I just thought I tack on for the sake of a footnote ZBSDennis was on our faction at the time of this, he had apparently killed 2 others and also assisted in the killing of the person I was with, so watch out for that guy.. That guy who I noticed is in the top ten server PKers >.<
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:49:08 AM by mAdman »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip