Author Topic: Village control and trade mini game [Dreaming...]  (Read 4079 times)

Darvin

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Village control and trade mini game [Dreaming...]
« on: September 27, 2014, 04:50:04 AM »

A village is a small location with few npc
The most interesting thing about villages is that there players from any fraction can meet up and not necessarily kill each other
Every village has its own currency which called [village name] cups. Budget, trades and assignments revard expressed in local currency.

-List of villages-

Estrella Mountain
San Tan Mountain
Gold Canyon
Fountain Hills
Wittmann
Buckeye

All around Phoenix

-NPCs-

Mayor - a very importance person. A fraction (of even a Platoon) which own the village can set following stats by speaking with mayor ones for 24 hours
1) Tax [15, 30, 45%]  All taxes increase prices of items sold in village by npc trader and the amount added by taxes going to city budget
2) Village spectialization [Farm, Coal mine, Gold mine]
A spectialization determine which good will be produced in village. Goods can be sold in other villages.
Farm produce 1000 wheat per 1 hour with maximum of 12 000 on stock
Coal mine produce 500 coal per 1 hour with maximum of 6 000 on stock
Gold mine produce 50 gold per 1 hour with maximum of 600 on stock
Wheat, coal and gold are not available anywhere except village trader and can't be use for any purpose but trade

3) Defence. [Strong, medium, weak]. Determine HP of guards [450, 300, 150]. Also defence spendings change final tax rate [+20%, +10%, 0%] and in case of +10, 20% this amount will not go into village budget.
Ex: If price of an armor has basic price of 500 without tax 30% and medium defence (10%), final price of armor would be +40% (700), but in budget will go only 30% (150) when 50 going to just disappear (price of medium defence). It can be said that if u want your village to have good prices and attractive trade, defend it by yoursefl and by players

Guards. Village has just 5 guards around, they are not very strong (like npc in B-A assigmnents with AK or Hunting Rifles) and they can protect only from weak gangs or single players. It is reletevlly easy to capture village with 5-6 players if there is none players defenders (who own this village). If some playes attack in village npc guars will automaticlly attack him and loot after kill. All looted items goes to trader-npc inventory and will be sold.

To captire village you must kill all npc exept mayor, they will not have any items. If everyone killed you can just speak with mayor and if u in a Platoon you can choose to get village for your plaaton or for all faction. If you (and peple with you) don't have any platoon, control on village will be on faction. There aren't any timers like in ZC, villages can be captured very quickly if there aren't many players - defenders. When village captured the person who spoke with mayer will get all village budget, gained by taxes since last capturing after that he can share cups with his gang manually. Also after village change an owner all npc will spawn again. The person spoken with mayer after killing all npc get a key from safe deposit in the same room. Only this person can open this safe with the key. In the safe is always avalible gained budged from taxes so owner of the village can always cash out.

Trader. Traders in vilalges very interesting because they selling items which are not usually available in fractions traders. Althought thier assortment aren't rich but they can buy items with any condition (even is price is just 1-5 cups) and sell it back to players. They never sell t3 and rarely t2 expect items being sold by players. From any deal trader gives 10,20 or 30% of price to city budget. Keeping taxes low will increase turnover bc prices will be lower but high taxes would be beneficial for popular villages with many players stopping by.

Sheriff. He can give you very simple individual assignments (random one from following)
CD = 10 MIN
1) Deliver a case to other sheriff in random different village (very small reward)
2) Kill a bandit (spetial location like on assignment with one npc with leather jacket and 9m pistol). (small reward)
3) Diplomat. Go to other (random choise) village and speak with mayer. You have to convince him improve relations between villages in dialog. (normal reward)
Chance (%) is: persuation skill*(Charisma/5).
4) Repair sheriff's computer.  (good reward)
Chance (%) is: (science skill*(Int/8))
Chance if u use 1 electronic Parts is: science skill*(Int/6)
5) Find a Raiders stash near village (normal reward)
Near village on a map you can see a red location, you go there and u enter this location.
When u enter this location you have a chance to imidiatlly find stash or fail. Chance is determined by... Outdorsman skill. Chance = Outdorsman*(Perception/8)
In this stash is a random T1 weapon with 25-100 bullets and sometimes leather jacket and could be 25-125 cups + x cups where x = Outdorsman skill

Exchanger. A npc in the mayer's room wearing a suit. He can exchange local currency on usual cups. Exchange rate is determined by current amount of accumulated village budget (which is in local currency). Amount of usual cups available is limited and depends on how much cups brought and exchanged by players already. He can't give more than he has.
Budget 0-1 000. 1 local cup = 1 usual cup
Budget 1 000- 5 000. 5 local cup = 1 usual cup
Budget 5 000- 25 000. 25 local cup = 1 usual cup
Budget 25 000- 100 000. 250 local cup = 1 usual cup
Budget over 100 000. 1 000 local cup = 1 usual cup

-Trade-
Weight of wheat is 1, Weight of coal is 20, Weight of gold is 5

Every village needs 500 per hour, 250 coal per 1 hour and 25 gold per hour.
If in a village for 1 hour were sold more goods than needed, price go down by 5% (surplus), in opposite case price goes up by 5% (shortage). Max Dispersion is +-50% of normal price

Normal price is 10 (5-15 spread) for wheat, 26 (13-39 spread) for coal and 250 (125-375 spread) for gold.

If a village has no shortage of any good, sheriff's assignments give 25% exp and cups bonus
If village was captured, its production reduced by 50% on 6 hours

Players would trade and make some money on price difference. The most successful traders (earning per hour) can be reverder by showing in game statistic

ps Thank you for reading. I apologise for my english (2nd lang for me). I hope this great server will develop not only in PVP perspective but also in PVE and role play format. :D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:00:57 AM by Darvin »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Village control and trade mini game [Dreaming...]
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 05:02:18 AM »

0_o Good job!
Even thinking about possible HoF statistics ^^.
This topic should be saved for like a year from now on, maybe some day devs will be that free, that they could actually implement something that massive in the game :).
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

PyrO

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 07:24:25 AM »

TBH I like the idea in general however I see a problem with your cost to maintain the village.
You need half of what you produce in your village correct? (just one of the 3 as far as I got it)
Now you would need to trade the other half for both the other items.

To me that would lack balance as the other villages would need to sell you the items for less than they would need to maintain their status quo.

On another note I do not see many people buying t1 weapons and that even outside their base. So unless you would feed the trader you wouldnt get much income at all.

A nice thing would be if you could access an villiage mine if you are in their platoon or faction where you could mine for example. Or just having the traders carry gecko pelts, chitin scraps and so on.

And lastly I think 6 villiages would be that great. Its 4 factions so in my opinion it should be a factor of 4 :P.

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 02:06:53 PM »

I hoped to do something like this except it will be much more serious and PvP / Faction related.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip