Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Container/Room for factionless players...  (Read 19701 times)

FrankenStone

Re: Container/Room for factionless players...
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2015, 09:03:09 AM »

and guess what , he was german :D

Professor Lemur

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2015, 11:30:25 AM »

This is gonna be too meta.
Ask on how my ComLang can benefit you today!

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2015, 04:39:19 PM »

just make workbrances in core usable

LagMaster

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2015, 06:08:20 AM »

going upstairs in certain core zones could be an outpost for sewer rats, truble will be that you will haave frequent infestations, but in rest it shoult be a good way to survive if you have all the factions, and more fun/harsh

+ the sewer rats can be best intermediators in interfaction related stuff

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2015, 06:50:04 AM »

I would enjoy workbenches & "faction" chat for factionless.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2015, 09:45:08 AM »

So you want all the perks of factions and call it Factionless. Am I missing something?
Science without Religion is Lame, Religion without Science is Blind.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2015, 10:10:16 AM »

So you want all the perks of factions and call it Factionless. Am I missing something?

Nothing more nothing less than that. No rooms, no traders, no perks etc... Even those two things would be welcomed, but not needed.

For the rest, if you didn't understand what playing around constaints mean, after we explained you a thousand time, i doubt that you will understand after a billion time.

You know, sometimes i feel like you are just trying to test my patience instead of actually having a conversation.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:44:13 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.

Professor Lemur

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2015, 10:55:58 AM »

Playing factionless is about hardcore gameplay. Therefore while I don't necessarily agree with having containers for SR I can understand it'll be a load off your mind.
It's honestly fun which is why I'm entertaining the thought of setting up an alt for such gameplay, but that won't happen for a while.
Ask on how my ComLang can benefit you today!

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2015, 11:11:07 AM »

if you factionless you can alwies have 1 alt just to craft stuff so system can eazy be cheated anywey so why not just make workbrances in core usable whit evry use -200AP

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2015, 02:17:43 PM »

Nothing more nothing less than that. No rooms, no traders, no perks etc... Even those two things would be welcomed, but not needed.

For the rest, if you didn't understand what playing around constaints mean, after we explained you a thousand time, i doubt that you will understand after a billion time.

You know, sometimes i feel like you are just trying to test my patience instead of actually having a conversation.

I think I make a valid point. You go on about playing hardcore and playing with constraints, but you're aleady making plans to remove at least some of these constraints. I'm not being obtuse, friend. It's just it all seems a bit pointless. Let's call a rat a rat and let's get the devs to make a faction, whose base is in a guarded part of the sewers.
Science without Religion is Lame, Religion without Science is Blind.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2015, 02:35:36 PM »

You think you made a point ?
You exact sentence was "So you want all the perks of factions and call it Factionless. Am I missing something?"

My answer is that you either didn't understood all what we said about playing around those constraints and experiencing OR that you perfectly understood and are trying to troll. Anyway, i don't want to repeat all that was said on the previous thread.

About the second post, i am not making any plans to remove some of these contraints. I am not making any plan at all. Nothing is up to me.

There are some people currently in factionless group, or not at all, that would like a few things more, but it doesn't mean all agree with those. I think a common ground would be to agree on some, while making sure some others won't.

The maximum i think off :
- Factionless's faction chat. This doesn't give any gameplay advantage. It just help to gather for the first time. Once guys are added in the squad, they don't need it as squad chat is already there. But the guys who register a factionless for the first time, he might get lost without contact with others. This is the only thing that IMO, would be fair to add, in order to give the thing some juice. I don't think of reasons to fight for its absence, even if we do pretty well without it.

- About workbenches, traders in the core. It isn't something for factionless, and it shouldn't be added for factionless. If the dev add those, it would benefit all players, as all of them would be able to trade with npc or use workbenches. And it would have very low benefits for factionless as they wouldn't benefit for any blueprint. Blueprints are only gained inside factions. So, most factionless wouldn't probably use them, as we are mostly well geared, relying only from the core. But i don't mind if those use them. What i like is that it had things to do in the core, point of interest for players going to the core regardless if they comre from faction or not. So, it is not something needed, not something specifically wanted, but it won't hurt the factionless thing.

Anything more than that would hurt all the "whole different experience" thing that most first sewer rats were looking for when they joined the project. There would be less and less meaning in going factionless, and we would probably just go back to our respective factions, as there would be no differences.

At last could you give me the name of your new factionless character so i'd add you in the squad ? Or provide us a mean to contact you so we will play together ? I think it will help you to understand us and what we do better than just words. This would probably improve the quality of your answers on the topic.

(About things that shouldn't be added and would kill factionless, XP from CTF, XP/caps from ZC, assignements, mine defense, storage rooms, heart traders, platoons etc...)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:45:06 PM by naossano »

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2015, 08:46:48 PM »

holy shit words man! That is not good communication. Please use fewer words. Not sure if other people have not pointed that out.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip