Author Topic: Assignments that involve faction battles  (Read 5661 times)

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Assignments that involve faction battles
« on: September 12, 2014, 04:39:25 AM »

Could there be a way to achieve this, perhaps a separate assignment giver or linked to the current assignments, where a faction group enters a "lobby" where they wait for another opposing faction to select the same option. This would load an instance, easily using the maps already in place too, where instead of npcs it is just a faction vs faction standoff for a goal.

Game types could include;

Ambush, a fight to the last man, the most basic form.
Assassinate, functioning like it does now, with one or multiple targets selected at random from each group.
Search and destroy, can also be applied, with one group defending the barrels and the other trying to take out what they can.

I'm sure there are plenty of other game types too, but the idea is that one side doesn't necessarily "win out" every time, there are different objectives (body/barrel count, time held etc) that would be evaluated upon "completion" (time runs out, one group leaves or is wiped etc), the result would be the usual xp, caps and rep reward (or possible complete failure), and the cooldown timer would begin.

There would however have to be no way to get back into after death like one can currently with assignments. If you died you are out for the rest of that mission, you just have to hope one of your buddies gets your gear ;). Those who had died would have to wait until the assignment was fully finished before handing it in with the rest.

There could be team number limits and minimums etc and they could be scaled much like the A-SSS system. Allowing bigger groups to wait in higher tier lobbies for other big groups.

Does this sound reasonable at all or outside of what you are trying to achieve?

paragon

Re: Assignments that involve faction battles
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 05:02:12 AM »

Giving assignments against enemy players currently present in Phoenix would be really really cool!

Assassination: You come to the assignment giver, if there's an character of different faction present in the core, it gives you ability to get "Assassination" mission. You get his last location on the map, and need to find and eliminate him in some time. Level of the character and how far away is he from your gate [wrong. you can enter enemy gates], as well as if he's alone and not and what kind of gear is he using can distinguish the difficultly.
This would be the best way to play this game for me, for sure! Long-way incredible risky tasks in the core in the living environment with decent reward. Reward should shared XP, rep and money for the whole group (no sense to bring 100 to kill 1).

Search and destroy: same, but you need to kill not concrete one, but some amount of players.

Retrieve: spawns case/cases in well hidden position/special locker/npc and gives you an mark for it on the map.

And no need to wait for any group on the other faction group to join.

This option would significantly increase action in the core and players interaction. Players hopefully will stop doing PVE assignments all the day and will level up in PVP corresponding their level!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 05:53:23 AM by paragon »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 05:28:54 AM »

Players hopefully will stop doing PVE assignments all the day and will level up in PVP corresponding their level!

How it is bad to do PVE ? It seems to me that the server is promoting PVP/PVE mix.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:30:48 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

paragon

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 05:50:07 AM »

I just like pvp more than pve, and although people say "go pvp from your first level with a zip gun", i don't see it possible against 24 levels in PAs. So I would like to be in pvp and possibility to level up during it, this feature will provide it.

And you have to agree, it's much more cooler than camping enemy's gate.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 05:52:10 AM by paragon »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 07:34:27 AM »

I never camped enemy gate, but i know you gain much more XP/reputation if you kill or even hurt enemies during a ZC, so i prefer engaging enemies there than in gates.

Otherwise, i am not agains't the suggestion. This is the sentence i quoted that bother me. I don't see as hopefully the fact that people would stop doing those assignement entirelly. Although, i understand the need of other options.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 09:20:38 AM »

Assignment in PVP, players will abuse it as they already abuse assignment in PVE already with tag system...

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 10:13:41 PM »

Assignment in PVP, players will abuse it as they already abuse assignment in PVE already with tag system...

Well this was one of my worries, it is only a suggestion at the end of the day, and is likely to be overlooked. But thank you for pointing out a potential flaw in the design.

I'll try to think of a possible solution (like this only being available to a confirmed squad etc).

paragon

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 03:46:05 AM »

I would really appreciate any decent-speed ability to level up in the core.
Zone Control is cool for pvp, but it's not about leveling at all.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 04:08:10 AM »

how the hell is that abusing?

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 04:08:59 AM »

I kind of feel the same paragon, that is where my idea stemmed from, a way to get xp from pvp, without breaking the game in the process.

A friend had a good idea about bounty boards, but I'll let her tell it in her own time.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 12:48:12 AM »

how the hell is that abusing?
Leaving a tagged character behind while others finish the quest. He probably means that.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

paragon

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 04:31:10 AM »

Not an issue if xp shared for all who took the quiets.
Character you gonna kill is random so friends / dual-log is not an issue.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 04:42:08 AM »

Not an issue if xp shared for all who took the quiets.
Character you gonna kill is random so friends / dual-log is not an issue.
Where is this not an issue when you can tag randoms and split their exp?

paragon

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 08:03:18 AM »

I'm not 100% sure that I know what you mean.
AFAIN system to dispel someone who tagged you will be implemented.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2014, 08:32:58 AM »

I'm not 100% sure that I know what you mean.
AFAIN system to dispel someone who tagged you will be implemented.
It will be useless, because afk-taggers are sneaked, and the system will be a click-hold-exclude_from_party. How can you click someone you don't see.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip