Author Topic: [Rule Enforcement] Multiloging  (Read 5105 times)

greenthumb

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
[Rule Enforcement] Multiloging
« on: September 16, 2014, 07:00:41 PM »

I strongly recomend to create automatic tool monitoring dualoging, there are many guys dualoging with proxy ofc, but even more dualoging without it.

Any results are appreciated.

paragon

Re: [Rule Enforcement] Multiloging
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 01:57:54 AM »

I see you love your proxy as well.
Well, it seems that some people would pay some more money for new proxies (:

Right direction is making dual-logging unprofitable / less profitable, not making gap between people with and without proxies.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:02:04 AM by paragon »

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 02:14:45 AM »

Dual logging in terms of combat or just in general?

I log into an old character sometimes to clear one of the crappier assignments available if needed, but will stop immediately if there is an issue with doing so. I would never pull any combat shenanigans, that's just silly, he stays naked at the base lol.

greenthumb

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 03:20:49 AM »

Current ruleset says, you arent allowed dualog at all, doesnt matter if yu are feeding orphans for good reputation or flooding core in blood .
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:25:03 AM by greenthumb »

paragon

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 03:49:06 AM »

"Connecting multiple characters at the same time to gain advantages over other players whatever they are is strictly forbidden. There should be no advantage to gain from multi logging on AoP, so please don't do it."
Take care about "advantages over other players" in here.

In return I kindly and personally ask you to follow other rules like bug exploiting / feature abusing, as far as I know, you would like to have some of those left for you.

Fayfay

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 04:39:05 AM »

Dual logging in terms of combat or just in general?

I log into an old character sometimes to clear one of the crappier assignments available if needed, but will stop immediately if there is an issue with doing so.

That's actually not dual logging : you are logged with one character at a time.

Saeko

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 07:54:22 AM »

I have a question to the devs. Is the following stuff allowed:
1. Dual-logging to transfer items from one of your characters in the base to another.
2. Dual-logging to manage your squad inside the base (like promoting FTLs for an assignment and whatnot).

I don't think this gives you any unfair advantages, so it should be ok... but I'm not 100% sure and I don't want to get banned for acting out of line.
Nice_Boat

Daro

• Wanderer
  • Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 08:45:56 AM »

1. Dual-logging to transfer items from one of your characters in the base to another.
2. Dual-logging to manage your squad inside the base (like promoting FTLs for an assignment and whatnot).

I don't think this gives you any unfair advantages, so it should be ok... but I'm not 100% sure and I don't want to get banned for acting out of line.
1st is allowed, dunno about 2nd. Probably devs won't punish you for it.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 08:55:02 AM »

2nd one I just know you can't dual log for an assignment.

paragon

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 09:01:06 AM »

One of the GM warned me while I was dual-logging for the sake of exchanging stuff between my characters in one faction. Saying that it's unfair advantages over other players. He suggested me to hide my stuff in the core and pick it up by another character.
So I suppose by this mindset second one is the same as first one. Unfair advantage as you need some other real player to do that.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip