Author Topic: AoP current state?  (Read 8269 times)

TownCrier

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
AoP current state?
« on: October 06, 2016, 09:53:29 AM »

What is the craic with Ashes of Phoenix? Is it alive, dead or does it contain a couple maggots here and there?

If activity is still here, whether it be big or small, I would like to sign up to a faction that is active but with fewer players than another active faction to help balance.

mafiapl

Re: AoP current state?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 12:02:01 PM »

What you deem as active may not be the same what others define as active, therefore... to determine yourself if the server is active you can use one of simpler methods (not always accurate one, but good enough i think). Go to changelog section and see the release date of the last patch released. Then check the frequency other patches.

If you are too lazy to do that... Last patch was 7th July (3 months ago), the frequency of patch releases was 1 patch every 1 week.

IIKM-enotsneknarF

• Wastelander
  • S.P.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 02:20:52 PM »

What you deem as active may not be the same what others define as active, therefore... to determine yourself if the server is active you can use one of simpler methods (not always accurate one, but good enough i think). Go to changelog section and see the release date of the last patch released. Then check the frequency other patches.

If you are too lazy to do that... Last patch was 7th July (3 months ago), the frequency of patch releases was 1 patch every 1 week.

Please excuse the retard who couldn't answer a simple question.

Server is dead with a couple of players that attempt to get PVP going but fail. Server died due to lack of PVE Content, mediocre changelogs that pretty much did nothing, terrible launch, huge list of unneeded weapons and lots of shit was unbalanaced, like sneaking and particle accelerator. 

What are devs doing now? I have no idea, honestly I'd rather have AOP devs just rollback to late session 1 when it was the best time to PvP with a few changes to sneaks, bringing back old range formula, and only 4 factions (6 is just absurd and there were already 2 useless ones with just 4).

benissss.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 02:07:24 PM by Stem Sunders »
u ain't shiite retaard )0))

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 07:11:43 PM »

Please excuse the retard who couldn't answer a simple question.

Server is dead with a couple of players that attempt to get PVP going but fail. Server died due to lack of PVE Content, mediocre changelogs that pretty much did nothing, terrible launch, huge list of unneeded weapons and lots of shit was unbalanaced, like sneaking and particle accelerator. 

What are devs doing now? I have no idea, honestly I'd rather have AOP devs just rollback to late session 1 when it was the best time to PvP with a few changes to sneaks, bringing back old range formula, and only 4 factions (6 is just absurd and there were already 2 useless ones with just 4).

benissss.

Meh, it's true that there isn't much of a community anymore. I, and a few others have tried to get some pvp going but it ended up with 4 vs 4. There doesn't seem to be much appetite for the game in its current state.

There are a few issues, as Mal pointed out above that could be resolved that haven't been.

For me, personally, PvP is absolutely fine. I think the majority of the T8/T9 weapons have been balanced now, apart from the electro smg and the AEK, and probs a few others which are a bit OP. Particle and sneak however, are absolutely fine, I don't think the poster above knows what he is talking about.

Biggest issues right now are the lack of PVE content.

What PVE content is available is terrible - the dungeons that were balanced last season are not anymore.

The economy is a little weird with no real direction in terms of crafting etc.

PvP is absolutely fine, no issues there. Just good luck getting the gear to do it.

IIKM-enotsneknarF

• Wastelander
  • S.P.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 09:11:17 PM »

Meh, it's true that there isn't much of a community anymore. I, and a few others have tried to get some pvp going but it ended up with 4 vs 4. There doesn't seem to be much appetite for the game in its current state.

There are a few issues, as Mal pointed out above that could be resolved that haven't been.

For me, personally, PvP is absolutely fine. I think the majority of the T8/T9 weapons have been balanced now, apart from the electro smg and the AEK, and probs a few others which are a bit OP. Particle and sneak however, are absolutely fine, I don't think the poster above knows what he is talking about.

What PVE content is available is terrible - the dungeons that were balanced last season are not anymore.

PvP is absolutely fine, no issues there. Just good luck getting the gear to do it.

I'm one of the most experienced players for AoP, been playing it before it's been launched, and one thing for sure it's not balanced at all. What about all those useless weapons? Session 1 already had useless weapons and I know they were attempting to do some sort of progression system but just got fucked because it wouldn't have worked. Why is everyone using the exact same shit (Ripper, AEK, some other bullshit pistols), Sneaking has turned into something so fucked up, I don't even wanna bother attempting to play it.

If PvP is so "balanced" why the hell is the server dead? Why isn't it thriving piggy? Back in session 1, PvP was happening with an average of 15-30, even with the PvE'rs gone,  maybe because most of the things were balanced back then? Why isn't it happening now? Because everything is so fucked up and you're so fucken delusional on the current status of it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:14:02 PM by IIKM-enotsneknarF »

antohha

• Wiki Editor
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 12:42:48 PM »

I'm one of the most experienced players for AoP....
hahaha, stoped reading here xD.
But seriously, when wipe?

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 01:48:48 PM »

After experimental features are all hacked in
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

IIKM-enotsneknarF

• Wastelander
  • S.P.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 04:44:44 PM »

I'm one of the most experienced players for AoP....
hahaha, stoped reading here xD.
But seriously, when wipe?

Implying you can read

After experimental features are all hacked in

O.H.K.U.R.W.A

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 07:54:39 PM »

I'm one of the most experienced players for AoP, been playing it before it's been launched, and one thing for sure it's not balanced at all. What about all those useless weapons? Session 1 already had useless weapons and I know they were attempting to do some sort of progression system but just got fucked because it wouldn't have worked. Why is everyone using the exact same shit (Ripper, AEK, some other bullshit pistols), Sneaking has turned into something so fucked up, I don't even wanna bother attempting to play it.

If PvP is so "balanced" why the hell is the server dead? Why isn't it thriving piggy? Back in session 1, PvP was happening with an average of 15-30, even with the PvE'rs gone,  maybe because most of the things were balanced back then? Why isn't it happening now? Because everything is so fucked up and you're so fucken delusional on the current status of it.

Magic trick. Mr Sralker, plox take off thy knickers. Now look into the mirror twice and think deeply about strawberries and the lost soap. Now think deeply about strawberries while bending forwards looking for soap. Now pause for a minute. Let the thought of strawberries enter your brain.Relax deeply.Think once more of strawberries. And relax.........

And here we go: the lost soap was inside your rectosigmoid
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

clochard

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 08:24:54 PM »

I  hereby declare this thread closed.

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 09:10:28 PM »

Don't close my threads mon ami especially not when we are still looking for the soap.
RazorRamon:

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 09:16:08 PM »

ATM we are all looking for the soap:

'seek the soap'
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 09:39:48 PM by Teela »
RazorRamon:

IIKM-enotsneknarF

• Wastelander
  • S.P.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2016, 03:22:34 AM »

Teela's here, everyone hide your benis

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 10:49:51 PM »

Seems there is enough PvP here.

You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip