Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ZC small suggestion  (Read 11789 times)

greenthumb

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: ZC small suggestion
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2015, 11:10:44 AM »

I am not sure how features mentioned by cirn are supposed to work in game, but i realy believe combat achievements should manifest in very short time. If you gona need to atack same zone like 10 times to actualy capture it, this might become psychological threshold to even initiate action there.

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 03:19:24 PM »

Considering if one faction owns the majority of the zones and have spent more resources to upgrade them, they would have to spread themselves thin and are susceptible to small raids. The constant collision of mega balls isn't the only method of combat we would like to promote variety somehow by adding a whole shit ton of things you can do in the core. I'd like the core to be as chaotic as possible such that smaller groups are given opportunities and activities they are capable of handling.

To create opportunities as such we'd have to create content to promote a more constant presence in the core and have motivation and rewards for staying in the core.

Also faction politics, power checking, defensive pacts, non-aggression agreement ought to come into play when hamster nests are in danger of being raided.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:10:27 PM by cirn0 »
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2015, 03:32:26 PM »

Smaller faction cant do shit

capping a zone still takes ten minutes even with six people, and one person hiding behind a dumpster waiting for his team to come can stop that

Esper

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2015, 05:00:59 PM »

Hmm how about something like for each person of an opposing faction that enters the less points towards capping the other team gains? For example...

6 Tecs are capping Robco gaining 6 points per tick. A Lawyer enters, nothing changes except they are now gaining 5 points instead of 6. Any more entering characters of an opposing faction have the same effect.

Idk if this would work in any way shape or form, i just thought I'd throw a suggestion out there.

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2015, 07:00:40 PM »

Smaller factions should just go and die :).

I'd like to do it this way for the ZC capture point.

but the ZC code is so cancerous i've just actively avoided it.

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 07:51:58 PM »

Hmm how about something like for each person of an opposing faction that enters the less points towards capping the other team gains? For example...

6 Tecs are capping Robco gaining 6 points per tick. A Lawyer enters, nothing changes except they are now gaining 5 points instead of 6. Any more entering characters of an opposing faction have the same effect.

Idk if this would work in any way shape or form, i just thought I'd throw a suggestion out there.

That would be one of the worst possible solutions taht further advantages bigger numbers.

Come to fight 4vs6? Too bad, youll lose the zone anyway if the fight doesnt end quick

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 05:01:56 AM »

Another issue is that people come to ZC to have some pvp. I understand that you want to promote several fights at the same time for more fun and more tactics etc. I'm pretty sure everyone wants that. But who will go to cap the uncontested zone while u can go fight people on the other zone.

Even if you make zones capture very appealing with good bonuses, it will be exploited by people capturing the zone during the night for instance. There can't be a good balance between appealing zones to capture and pvp fights because of that.

Of course, if you are planning to do that with 100+ pvp playerbase, this can work.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2015, 05:08:46 AM »

I agree with Anza. It is likely that many players would prefer to rush the zone where the fight happen, not mentioning the plague of blue night cappers.

That would be one of the worst possible solutions taht further advantages bigger numbers.

Come to fight 4vs6? Too bad, youll lose the zone anyway if the fight doesnt end quick

Not if the zone is still contested as long as there is someone else in the zone.
Sure, if you shoot that guy, the timer is already over and you win, but you must kill that guy or bribe him to leave. The guy is contesting after all. (although, he should be unable to contest if unarmed and unarmored)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:10:50 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 11:03:35 AM »

We're always planning for the 100+ playerbase.

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2015, 11:50:24 AM »

We're always planning for the 100+ playerbase.

I meant if you implement that in the current session, the current playerbase will make the feedbacks totally inaccurate, as it may not fit a low playerbase gameplay.

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2015, 02:25:17 PM »

Smaller faction cant do shit

capping a zone still takes ten minutes even with six people, and one person hiding behind a dumpster waiting for his team to come can stop that

Smaller factions have done shit and have beaten the swarmer many times when out numbered.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2015, 05:59:07 AM »

We were beaten a fair number of times too.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com
Pages: 1 [2]

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip