Author Topic: So what exactly was the point of the tutorial?  (Read 6508 times)

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
So what exactly was the point of the tutorial?
« on: April 18, 2017, 01:32:16 PM »

To teach new players how to doctor, craft explosives, and put a charge on a door?  Because those are the main things new people need to learn?

ProfessorYanick

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: So what exactly was the point of the tutorial?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 05:47:54 PM »

Why so salty? It could be considered just a sort of welcoming: to give a new player a breath of good old wasteland, learn or remember the most basic things. Most of the things in AoP should be learned in-game and the hard way (preferably including death and equipment loss).

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 11:37:06 AM »

The hard way? Are you fucking kidding? Learning things "the hard way" is one of the reasons new fonline players are so rare. I have hated how non-intuitive Fonline (in all forms) has always been. There are always a ridiculous amount of features that don't make logical sense but have to be learned "the hard way." Hes salty (and I'm salty too) because the tutorial is a huge chance to teach people things that will make them good fonline players, and also a way to showcase what AoP is about to new players. A shit tutorial not only looks bad, it drives players away. The only reason I stuck around the server long enough to learn anything was because I love fallout. It always seems that no matter how much of  a grasp I have on the game, there are just going to be things that I can't know unless I stumble across them or someone tells me. WHICH IS THE POINT OF A GODDAMN TUTORIAL. Sorry for being so abrasive, but the "Let all the noobs suffer" attitude of Fonline is toxic.

/end salt

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 01:16:11 PM »

Agreed, even if the tutorial is just a bunch of text, there is more useful information to give new players.  And if they don't read it that is just their fault.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:19:40 PM by faopcurious »

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 09:08:38 PM »

More hand holding already added for next season, though it still isn't enough in my books but it'll have to wait
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

IIKM-enotsneknarF

• Wastelander
  • S.P.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 11:36:14 PM »

More hand holding already added for next season, though it still isn't enough in my books but it'll have to wait

Nah wtf

Make everyone start misery dark road and let them figure out everything by themselves  :D
u ain't shiite retaard )0))

ProfessorYanick

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 12:35:35 AM »

Instead of hand-holding better think of a decent PvE part for the game, in which players can learn all significant game mechanics.

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 04:46:35 PM »

GJ cirny, I can't wait for next season!  We appreciate your hard work, don't let us down ;P  No pressure or anything.

FuckYou

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 02:25:36 AM »

Can you give us an option to skip tutorial?

BG Sexpert

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 06:17:28 PM »

make the sewer rats more prominent, and their quests not shit. Then make joining a faction more significant.

I know people will QQ that they can't create a character and begin swarming the core with their faction in the first 5 minutes, but those people will complain about literally anything.

You guys can't keep catering the game to those people. Its because of them we had 1/2 the server as the hounds within the first week of the last wipe.

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 11:30:32 PM »

make the sewer rats more prominent, and their quests not shit. Then make joining a faction more significant.

I know people will QQ that they can't create a character and begin swarming the core with their faction in the first 5 minutes, but those people will complain about literally anything.

You guys can't keep catering the game to those people. Its because of them we had 1/2 the server as the hounds within the first week of the last wipe.

Disagree, people should be able to join a faction ASAP.  Imagine someone comming in the middle of the season, (especially some poor noob) he submerges into the core only to find himself 1 against many.
Team PVP is the heart of this game, there is no reason to force people to go solo while they get obliterated by huge factions.  If someone WANTS to be a lone sewer rat he can choose to do so, but it should not be forced.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:32:09 PM by faopcurious »

Kurwier

• Wanderer
  • Arizona Nigga with a 12 Gauge and a grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 06:30:04 PM »

this ,actually makes sense.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip