Author Topic: Remove Sandstorm  (Read 5293 times)

powerplay

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Remove Sandstorm
« on: May 21, 2016, 06:05:48 AM »

it makes alot of mechanics useless which makes no sense but not just that..
-winded has no effect during sandstorm while being outside
-voodoo and other move speed effects has no effect
-leg cripples has no effect during sandstorm while being outside
-npc are ignoring sandstorm mechanics and players cant run away from them, in a group you can kill any pack of npc but if you are alone, you simply cant and if you cant run away.. then you die by stupid game mechanic
-i see some dynamics which it brings, i would agree with this point if players would even use it but noone is fighting in sandstorm anyways because its way too annoying to players, most of players leave zone instantly right after entering and seeing that there is sandstorm
i play pvp every single evening and i participated only in one sandstorm fight during all this time since wipe, because players are simply avoiding sandstorm all the time, so whats point of it ? its like blocking zone rather then interesting feature
that fight didnt won anyone because it was impossible to finish, before we catched or looted all enemies they was always coming back already and they had advantage since it happened at their gate which is closer for them then for us, we was stronger but we couldnt kill all enemies fast enough in sandstorm, some guns in this server have like 70-80 effective range, lets say that you kill enemy at 70 hexes range, to loot him or chase rest you need 70 / 2,5 = 28 seconds to walk to him in sandstorm, do you think its enjoyable to walk 70 hexes in 28 seconds ?  :-\

sure, its supposed to be annoying and like that but whats the fucking point of it if noone is even playing in sandstorm ?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 06:10:47 AM by powerplay »

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Remove Sandstorm
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 08:13:06 AM »

It has been suggested a few times that we adjust the walk speed so it is closer to running with a leg yellow instead of walking, which I think is preferable.
As for not being played in, I think that was the entire point. It throws a wrench into people's plans, forcing them to adapt.
NPCs not being effected by it is known, but I think the coders have been working on other stuff in the meantime instead of that.

powerplay

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 08:15:00 AM »

It has been suggested a few times that we adjust the walk speed so it is closer to running with a leg yellow instead of walking, which I think is preferable.
yeah, thats probably better idea then removing :)
run speed and winded would matter then and it wouldnt be that harsh
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 08:17:32 AM by powerplay »

dillinger

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 10:24:52 AM »

storm - its one good things in this session ;D

mafiapl

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 05:34:48 AM »

Or... add a tweak... you can run only when near walls, if you are not near a wall (cover) the sand will slow you down.

ProfessorYanick

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 06:03:48 AM »

Or... add a tweak... you can run only when near walls, if you are not near a wall (cover) the sand will slow you down.

Ehh, isn't that so already?

And really, don't touch the storm. As the weather changing was nerfed it really does not cause real troubles.  The weather is nice in my opinion, there should be more different weather and effects should be bigger.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 07:59:51 AM »

Its never cause a problem for me personally, even had a few good fights in stormy zones. where the storm itself is the main player and enemy to both teams...Or an ally if you use it correctly?
Sandstorms make me feel safer. Kinda odd, but they do.

And I think it only allows you to run on certain walls/sides of the building. Right side I do believe.

Mad Matt

• Experienced Survivor
  • True Ranger... True Ranger never changes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 11:49:21 AM »

Don't touch it, just fix NPCs in storms.
He rules the roads.
The Maximum Force of the Future.
The last law in a world gone out of control. Pray that he's out there somewhere.
When the gangs take over the highway... ...Remember he's on your side.

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 12:05:56 PM »

Agreed, I've been to Arizona, never saw sand storm, but it does have frequent thunderstorms. 

But realism aside, I agree, remove stand storms, they add nothing to the game game but pain.
Or just tone it down, make it so we can run in sand storm, but just slow run speed a little?

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip