Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Regarding Sneak  (Read 17586 times)

baskila

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Sneak
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2016, 09:14:10 AM »

I agree with Stalker and voted for 3rd option - Make them recon with access to traps.
Sneaks would be a lot of fun if they could set traps (explosive, napalm, mustard gas, etc.), make players visible to other team using spray guns, grenades and grenade launchers, poison players or even create holograms of players to confuse the enemy.
Their role should be to scout and do indirect damage.

Weasel

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2016, 09:27:18 AM »

Recon only for me would be the way.....i foresee too much trolling griefing and such with landmines etc...Stepping on a land mine is like insta leg cripple mass bleeding and 200 damages.....the sneak would only need to toss you a rock to finish you off after......unless you severly nerf the traps.

The most important things imo is to go back to the sneak mechanics of old times. (all other fonline servers) You shoot someone? your visible. You wanna hide again? well go hide. (in some alley, away from my sight.) Having people appear 20 hexes from you, empty a clip at your buddy then dissapear right in your face.....while your aiming at them.... Well it's got 2 effects: 1- ROFL Who's idea was this?
2- *dying smiles* No seriously.....who's idea was this?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:10:49 AM by Weasel »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2016, 11:02:22 AM »

One possibility would be to have a bigger sneak cooldown after said sneak attacked someone. (being unable to sneak again  for the duration of that cooldown)
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2016, 05:06:16 PM »

stalker you fuccboi waki is now only 1/3 direct damage and 2/3 bleed

That 1/3 damage is what its suppose to be doing. 2x Silent death trait is what makes this shit too strong. 2 hits and someone bleeds out to negative, I've done it many times to poor scavengers and players alike.

for me sneaker should work ONLY with melee weapons
waki is ok now

LMAO pewpew only playing with broken ass weapons, tell me something new  ::)

Anyway, my point is not to kill or remove sneak, just make a rule that sneak is visible from few hexes no matter how high his sneak skill is. Something like that, so you have those 1-3 seconds to prepare yourself.

Players can see sneakers 11 hexes from front, 5 on sides, and 2 from the back. Now you see why waki sneaks get easily behind a player?  BTW there are sneakers running with needler that are shooting from 30 +hexes and can easily put someone near death with full AP bar, what kind of boogus is that?

Stop solo scavenging and join up with other players.

Yes, join with players to only get swarmed by the grand swarming trio  ::)

And ramon can only play with swarm, proof that he's a shit player  ;D

Not the dumb stuff Stalker is suggesting, and not traps either, those should be usable by all, not just sneaks.

Yeah, because PvP battle characters have the time and invisibility to place traps. Sneakers should be changed to use traps as their main weapon, recon as their purpose in PvP.

Your whining inspired me to do a little experiment: "How much can i loot going in and out of the core in a mere 5 minutes"

And best of all: not a single sneaker encountered

Of course you encountered no sneaker, you had like 10 hounds behind you the whole time  ;D (BTW I believe hounds owned all zones during that time, so that's why no sneaker came to harass you)

Whats stopping anyone from going to pvp with Spas+CA and DSR+leather jacket?

Sneakers actually. Any deployed weapon is just food for sneakers, needlers, wakizashi, whatever other shit they're using, AEKs, deagles, wtf is this shit. And apparently this is ok to devs, being 3x hitting from behind and sneakers getting away with their run speed and invisibility.

Recon only for me would be the way.....i foresee too much trolling griefing and such with landmines etc...Stepping on a land mine is like insta leg cripple mass bleeding and 200 damages.....the sneak would only need to toss you a rock to finish you off after......unless you severly nerf the traps.

Nigga, what are you talking about. The current land mines are deadly, true. But if they're used by sneakers, they will only have limited number due to their weight. They'll only be able to place 2-3 before being empty handed. Of course these are the deadly ones, there should be light weight ones only meant to cripple enemies so your team can come and finish them off. Keep in mind that players with high PE can see traps regardless of their trap skill so these traps can be easily countered.

The most important things imo is to go back to the sneak mechanics of old times. (all other fonline servers) You shoot someone? your visible. You wanna hide again? well go hide. (in some alley, away from my sight.) Having people appear 20 hexes from you, empty a clip at your buddy then dissapear right in your face.....while your aiming at them.... Well it's got 2 effects: 1- ROFL Who's idea was this?

No, this current mechanic is cool, just shit, unbalanced weapons.

Anyways, sneaking and sneak weapons needs changing. Currently its just bullshit.

Mad Matt

• Experienced Survivor
  • True Ranger... True Ranger never changes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2016, 05:10:53 PM »

Ramon I thought as older experienced player you have more class and you act mature. Come on man, you have your opinion, he's his and I have my own too. The point is not to act like sissies but discuss and work here with some compromises a way out of this fuckin' impasse. Maybe good start would be bringing in life an idea of transparency ? Peace guys.

Edit:
sTROLLker, I forgot about needler. Good point anyway, it's still fucked up. Sorry :D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 05:15:51 PM by Mad Matt »
He rules the roads.
The Maximum Force of the Future.
The last law in a world gone out of control. Pray that he's out there somewhere.
When the gangs take over the highway... ...Remember he's on your side.

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2016, 05:15:20 PM »

#stalkernocry

Scalesan

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2016, 07:21:24 PM »

you guys are happy, scabs came with transparency thing, otherwise you would have to taste real PVP. But i doubt lower opacity instead of invisibility will be any gamechanging for sneakers. So yeah, scabs have just bought few weeks/months for your perverse voyeurism.

Let's hope you will not annoy too many players in meantime.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 07:23:59 PM by Scalesan »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2016, 07:23:51 PM »

#stalkernocry

"Cant make a counterpoint in an argument? Better call him a troll, that'll show him!"

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Weasel

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2016, 07:30:37 PM »

Nigga, what are you talking about. The current land mines are deadly, true. But if they're used by sneakers, they will only have limited number due to their weight. They'll only be able to place 2-3 before being empty handed. Of course these are the deadly ones, there should be light weight ones only meant to cripple enemies so your team can come and finish them off. Keep in mind that players with high PE can see traps regardless of their trap skill so these traps can be easily countered.

No, this current mechanic is cool, just shit, unbalanced weapons.

Anyways, sneaking and sneak weapons needs changing. Currently its just bullshit.
[/quote]

I.E. Right now during ZC people mostly camp inside building: because it's the only way to be safe from sneak assasins. If we let them keep their invisibility + add landmines they can use to trap us in the said buildings...we arent really improving the situation. It dosent really matter what weapons they use (altough some obviously need balancing, Needler can shoot like 3 times in 0.5 second.....)It's more the auto-hide mechanic that lets you invis again after shooting WHILE people are seeing you that kills it all.

Anyone not using a super-fast weapon themselves simply CANNOT defend against one sneak, even if he survives the opening shots, turns around...sees the sneaker and manage to click him....the sneaker will vanish before your shot goes off. He can simply shoot once...re-invis, shoot again...re-invis rince and repeat until the victim is dead. He dont need to run away, hide, or try to do anything ''smart'' He can just stand still 30 hexes in front of you. This MUST be changed lol.

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2016, 07:46:37 PM »

you guys are happy, scabs came with transparency thing, otherwise you would have to taste real PVP. But i doubt lower opacity instead of invisibility will be any gamechanging for sneakers. So yeah, scabs have just bought few weeks/months for your perverse voyeurism.

Let's hope you will not annoy too many players in meantime.

what the fuck are you even talking about

better check below your bed when you go to sleep tonight or the sneak boogeyman is going to get you

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2016, 07:47:31 PM »

Anyone not using a super-fast weapon themselves simply CANNOT defend against one sneak, even if he survives the opening shots, turns around...sees the sneaker and manage to click him....the sneaker will vanish before your shot goes off. He can simply shoot once...re-invis, shoot again...re-invis rince and repeat until the victim is dead. He dont need to run away, hide, or try to do anything ''smart'' He can just stand still 30 hexes in front of you. This MUST be changed lol.

Man, are players forgetting you can CTRL SHOOT?

This is why snipers should take something like Sniper + SAW, minigun + spam weapon, DSR + HMG, etc. Of course people forget this and sneakers are just raping with their needlers, Assualt rifles and shit which are way too strong.

You do know that only happens with needler right? Any other weapon, first shot drops them to like 100 sneak (which can be seen from 30+ hexes) and 2nd completely desneaks them. If I remember correctly, each shot with needler makes their sneak lower but that shit way too strong with mozam.

However, this doesn't solve the sneak problem...

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2016, 07:50:54 PM »

However, this doesn't solve the sneak problem...

Take all sneak players and put them in concentration camp

Mad Matt

• Experienced Survivor
  • True Ranger... True Ranger never changes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2016, 03:58:13 AM »

Not bad idea Ramon :D

Anyway it's not an option too, we need to find something between. I won't nerf sneak to unplayable shit or removed. Not my point.
He rules the roads.
The Maximum Force of the Future.
The last law in a world gone out of control. Pray that he's out there somewhere.
When the gangs take over the highway... ...Remember he's on your side.

Scalesan

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2016, 04:41:27 AM »

what the fuck are you even talking about

better check below your bed when you go to sleep tonight or the sneak boogeyman is going to get you

You don't need to tell me what to do, i am checking below bed for you everynight.

artaman

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2016, 02:10:01 PM »

here fix sneak 5 easy step:

1. make sneak mode alway visable but with standard sneak fade opacity
2. reduce sneak mode malus strength penalty
3. make sneak mode have dodge bonus depend sneak detection range example 80 range 5% chance for hitting sneak, 20 hex 5 Perception -85% chance for hitting sneak . more Perception easier detect sneak less dodge sneak get
4. remove contour + name + player statistics depend on sneak detect range
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 02:14:46 PM by artaman »
"sPA was a mistake" - cirn0, lead co-playwright of aop. c. 1968

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2016, 11:37:31 PM »

here fix sneak 5 easy step:

1. make sneak mode alway visable but with standard sneak fade opacity
2. reduce sneak mode malus strength penalty
3. make sneak mode have dodge bonus depend sneak detection range example 80 range 5% chance for hitting sneak, 20 hex 5 Perception -85% chance for hitting sneak . more Perception easier detect sneak less dodge sneak get
4. remove contour + name + player statistics depend on sneak detect range

Other than the hit penalty, Papa Cirn0 already tried this and just made them more OP.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2016, 05:44:09 AM »

compromise BUFF SNEAK
+1 for Ramone if somone too dumb to let sneeker sneek to him he shoud die and yes i dont use sneak

Even better pick f watchtower perk and you will see them from mile, when i played with SG i alwes picked it eazyest kills ever

Add traq gun in my signature to boost scout
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip