Author Topic: Should AoP do a wipe?  (Read 5005 times)

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
Should AoP do a wipe?
« on: January 09, 2015, 09:24:41 AM »

With the server down and player numbers low, I thought - Why not do a wipe and start again from zero? Wipes have been show to attract people, and we really need people.

My idea is that we could eiter have a hard wipe (WIPE ALL) or a soft wipe that just gets rid of equipment (because levelling is slow and it would lead to assignment grinding) so people have to go more into the Core in order to get gear and relics.

Here's how I see it:

Advantages of wipe:
- More reasons to go into the Core to scavenge.
- Gives a jumping point to noobs who want to enter in material equality with vets
- Allows devs to put in some features they could't without wiping.

Disadvantages:
- Some people dislike having to collect and craft all the stuff over again.
- (hard wipe) having to go in assigs to get XP again is a pain in the butt.
- (soft wipe) still keeps things unequal betwee nobs and vets, but their levels rather than gear are unequal.

paragon

Re: Should AoP do a wipe?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 09:30:47 AM »

Call in inquisition

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 09:47:15 AM »

I think its too soon for a wipe, not much content has been added to expand the game more.
A premature wipe might be very bad for the game, because new content is what brings more players and not wipes.

Let the game get expanded and more content to be added, or a big expansion to be ready for the game before a full wipe.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 09:50:56 AM »

I have no opinion for or agains't the idea of a wipe now.

But what i believe is that a wipe should be brought first and foremost if there is significant changes in gameplay, significant enough that everyone need to start a new.

If the dev team think they are ready to add two more factions, for instance, then, there should obviously be a wipe, so the six factions get the same fresh start, instead of having four team of well geared vets and two team of underequipped noob.

But i don't see any point in wiping for the sake of it. If there is not enough new game changing updates, people might come back, but will be quickly disapointed and leave anyway.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Stem Sunders

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 02:07:09 PM »

"A premature wipe might be very bad for the game, because new content is what brings more players and not wipes" - Komrade

"If there is not enough new game changing updates, people might come back, but will
be quickly disapointed and leave anyway." - naossano

"Indeed, I concur" - Stem

Really though I do agree, without substantial updates/changes a wipe isn't really necessary and may drive more people away (possibly permanently) than it brings in imo.

I have a question, what exactly warrants a hard wipe? How big of an update and how many changes need to be made before a wipe is really required?
Or is it all just based on opinion and preference of the developers?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:14:01 PM by Stem Sunders »

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 03:30:51 PM »

You wipe when you plan to add significant content/game changes. And when you have those ready to be implemented. So wiping now would be utterly random. Better wait until dev team has a big pack of updates ready.

In the meanwhile. Cirno what happened to those server parts you ordered before christmas? IM TWEAKING and soon I'm going to put my cat in the microwave and it will all be on you!
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 03:43:35 PM »

I personally don't want to wipe before I get the faction warfare finished. Then all wipes after that will be player dictated.

>28/12/2014
Dear Customer:

Your order has been processed, but one or more items on the order is currently out-of-stock at all of our pick-up branches and needs to be purchased from our suppliers. In lieu of this email, we have already placed an order from the manufacturer for the item(s). We are making every attempt to minimize the waiting time for your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we appreciate your patience.
If you ordered more than one item and would like to find out if any other items on the order are ready to be picked up first or would like to know further details about your order, please do not hesitate to email or call us. Otherwise, you will receive email notification as soon as inventory becomes available.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 04:18:23 PM »

I personally don't want to wipe before I get the faction warfare finished. Then all wipes after that will be player dictated.

>28/12/2014
Dear Customer:

Your order has been processed, but one or more items on the order is currently out-of-stock at all of our pick-up branches and needs to be purchased from our suppliers. In lieu of this email, we have already placed an order from the manufacturer for the item(s). We are making every attempt to minimize the waiting time for your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we appreciate your patience.
If you ordered more than one item and would like to find out if any other items on the order are ready to be picked up first or would like to know further details about your order, please do not hesitate to email or call us. Otherwise, you will receive email notification as soon as inventory becomes available.

Thank you for this update.

I, like Teela will donate for the server/parts/coffee.

paragon

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 05:30:50 PM »

For meds.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 07:39:52 PM »

I'm not for a wipe until I feel like AoP has totally played itself out. There is still a good amount of competitive spirit among factions, and I don't think it should end just yet.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip