Author Topic: Critical Defence  (Read 6510 times)

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Critical Defence
« on: April 24, 2016, 03:59:01 PM »

Critical defense perks kinda become obsolete in fights against higher tier weapons? like i can have 10 edurance and critical endurance but  some weapon with 5x limb shredder brakes my legs eazy so i guess nobody picks it...

I think there shoud be -% for it like -20% at least
so if limb shredder is 20% chance it will decrees it to 16%

or maybe decrees lvl of critical effect
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 07:47:53 AM by PusiteGA »

BG Sexpert

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Critical Defence
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 06:13:56 PM »

It depends on what you want to defend. The critical defense happens before the effects of things like limb shredder etc. If the critical defense succeeds, the status effect is avoided.

If the critical defense fails, then limb shredder etc. take effect.

So... Its up to you... What do you want to defend? Bypass? Knock-out? Weapon Drop? Its certainly not useless.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 06:49:47 AM »

What it thats true OK but as i know   weapon traits ignore critical defense
so if someone has 5x 20% limb shredder on weapon and you have 10 edurance + critcal endurance he will criple you 100% time
Can somone of devs confirm whats BG Sexpert seying?

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 12:48:11 PM »

Limbshredder perk gives 20% proc rate, 5x limbshredder means 100% proc rate.

After limbshredder procs, it checks for target's critical resist. If target resists the limbshredder effect, nothing is done otherwise a random limb is crippled.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 01:20:07 PM »

ty for answer, is this working too for AP DRAIN cuz i think it isent or its buged or something?

Cuz 1 dude with i think some SMG AP drain me to -100 from 1 clip and i head 10str + Crit STR + 10Luck + ManOfSteal
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:22:00 PM by PusiteGA »

BG Sexpert

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 03:27:54 PM »

ty for answer, is this working too for AP DRAIN cuz i think it isent or its buged or something?

Cuz 1 dude with i think some SMG AP drain me to -100 from 1 clip and i head 10str + Crit STR + 10Luck + ManOfSteal

I'm fairly certain strength and critical strength has nothing to do with AP regen or AP drain.
Strength modifies:
Additional HP at first level (50%)
Healing Rate (25%) Each 2 points of Strength will give you 1 point of H.rate
Str requirement for all weapons
Bleed resistance Each point of Strength gives you 1 point of Bleed resistance
Weapon drop resistance
Knockout resistance
Melee damage. Each point of Strength gives you +2 Melee Damage.
Carry weight. Each point of Strength gives you +10 Carry Weight.
Throwing range

The SPECIAL regarding AP regen is Agility.
Agility modifies:
AP regeneration
Armor Class (2.5 per point)
Healing Rate (0.5 per point)
Bleed Resistance (0.5 per point)
Resistance against knockdowns
Resistance against partial armor bypasses.

The weapon trait AP drain is (unless it has changed): 20% chance to remove 15 AP from the target. The only SMG that has this trait (I'm fairly certain) is the Electro SMG. The Electro SMG Bursts with 8 rounds. At 1 hex distance all 8 of these rounds should hit. In the ABSOLUTE worst case scenario all 8 of those rounds procs AP drain and you are drained 120AP.

This is an incredibly unlikely circumstance. Typically of the 8 rounds, only 1 or 2 would proc AP drain for a total of 30 AP drain.

Regardless... There is no mitigation for this type of effect. Especially not Critical Strength... Burst cannot crit. Thus 10Luck and Man of Steel have no effect.

With 10 luck and 10 STR I would surmise that you likely don't have a tremendous amount of Agility, resulting in LOW AP REGEN. Likely what happened is you used most of your AP bar, then performed an AP extensive task (reloading certain weapons, first aid, doctor, etc.) and went deep into AP debt.

TL;DR if (on the incredibly unlikely event) you were indeed bursted by an Electro SMG and had AP drain in effect proc, it had NOTHING to do with the stats you listed. And in any circumstance, regardless of how rare an instance, would not have yielded the results you are suggesting.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 04:10:53 PM »

3 time in a row duno ws who waz i fighting 1v1 he just draid me to death , i trow 1 spear and after thet waz in -ap all time

powerplay

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 04:44:28 PM »

I'm fairly certain strength and critical strength has nothing to do with AP regen or AP drain.
its kinda confusing, there is no ap drain in description of strength but it is mentioned in critical strength

so does it give chance to avoid ap drain or not ?

BG Sexpert

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 11:46:59 AM »

its kinda confusing, there is no ap drain in description of strength but it is mentioned in critical strength

so does it give chance to avoid ap drain or not ?

That is interesting. I'd never seen that before, and thank you for posting it. I know many perks have been changed/removed. Its possible that the text description of the perk isn't accurate to what it does.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 01:28:57 PM »

as i know its like that from start, start = i joined like last year or something

powerplay

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 01:47:53 PM »

its description of crit strength not as perk but as stat, dont know if its mentioned in perk too

2Pac

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 01:04:39 PM »

crit strenght doenst effect ap drain in any way,  look for yourself. there is some more stuff for kos etc i will post later , i dont got time atm.

Code: [Select]
    int APDrainChance = 33*weaponEff(attack.WeaponExtras, WT_AP_DRAIN);
    if (APDrainChance > 0)
{
if (valid(attacker))
APDrainChance += GetLeadershipBoost(attacker, FTLB_AP_DRAIN);
        if (Random(1, 100) <= APDrainChance)
{
            SETFLAG(eff, HF_AP_DRAIN);
            // target.Say(SAY_NETMSG, "The force of the attack makes you lose concentration for a second. You lose 15 AP.");
            // target.StatBase[ST_CURRENT_AP] -= 1500;
if (weaponEff(attack.WeaponExtras,WT_EMP) > 0)
ApplyEmp(target);
        }

}

Code: [Select]
    if (FLAG(eff, HF_AP_DRAIN))
{
        target.StatBase[ST_CURRENT_AP] -= 1500;
target.StatBase[ST_DELAY_AP_REGEN] += 3;
        target.Say(SAY_NETMSG, "The force of the attack drains some of your AP.");
    }
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:38:21 PM by 2Pac »

Mad Matt

• Experienced Survivor
  • True Ranger... True Ranger never changes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 03:46:01 PM »

Well the problem is that lower tiers have big problem to achieve crits, while higher are too powerfull. I think it needs some light rebalance.
He rules the roads.
The Maximum Force of the Future.
The last law in a world gone out of control. Pray that he's out there somewhere.
When the gangs take over the highway... ...Remember he's on your side.

2Pac

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 04:14:22 PM »

Well the problem is that lower tiers have big problem to achieve crits, while higher are too powerfull. I think it needs some light rebalance.

pls elaborate , there are 2 different mechanics causing the same effect regarding ap drain 1st the ap drain from critical hits and then like the code shows the weapon trait/perk which cause ap drain, well second code is for the flag from crits also.

you can resist the critrolls to some point with somwhat higher critical resistance and luck but you cant resist the wepaontrait perk in any way ...

the 20% chance description to cause ap drain is funny anyway if u read the code with the random 1 to 100 calcs, its like almost guaranteed ap drain with 3 ap drain perks on the weapon and if anything is below 100 its just some random function to success a ap drain or not.

you can have for example very bad luck and roll always above 33 with a weapon that just has 1 ap drain trait and call it a day. doesnt even look like 20% , its more like 1/3 chance to succeed for every ap drain trait  and if u get to the point when its 3/3 u can call it a day again. description should be changed to 33% imo.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 04:37:00 PM by 2Pac »

Mad Matt

• Experienced Survivor
  • True Ranger... True Ranger never changes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 05:48:36 PM »

Well I wasn't talking straight about AP drain.
He rules the roads.
The Maximum Force of the Future.
The last law in a world gone out of control. Pray that he's out there somewhere.
When the gangs take over the highway... ...Remember he's on your side.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip