Author Topic: More Armors or even better armor crafting Total owerhul  (Read 4226 times)

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
More Armors or even better armor crafting Total owerhul
« on: February 11, 2015, 11:51:35 AM »

I suggest big redoing of armor system and would implement like diablo armor system where you put gems in armor(ofc we woudent use gems we would use some tech items) and i would make armor stats be editable when crafting

Example  all armors start whit 20 points to put to DT and 100 to put to DR
whit like lvling system as it goes higher it costs more on 25% its 2 on 50% its 4 on 75% its 8...

The gem part it should be thingies you fuse in armor to recive perks, ther are simple positive ones and ther are ones whit both positive and negative effect (sprinter goes whit paper Wall). On top of thet evry armor hes 3 slots and there is cost issue so example BROF cost 1.5 slot so you cant have more then 2 .... 

Example of Armor :

DT              DR
Normal               5               25
Laser                 10             35 (25+20)
Fire                   1                10
Plasma              1                10
Electirc              2               10
Explode             1               10
            =           20           100
3x Stone wall

This is somting thet would need alot of work and balance
+ps i would meybe add color effects thet applys on skin of armor dependng of stats so exaple this armor would get redish skin cuz laser resist + tuch of grey from normal dmg and would add on top of it some broken effect from stone wall somting like thishttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/Broken-SapnaChand.jpg

Would make Tier 2 armors just upgrading normal ones at wendor so exaple you go to shoper and pay him 20k caps to upgrde your armor to tier2 so you can invest DT 20 more points and 25% DR and Tier 3 cost +30k gives you 1 more slot for perks
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 11:59:42 AM by PusiteGA »

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: More Armors or even better armor crafting Total owerhul
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 01:40:05 PM »

i would love addable components to weapons/armor diablo 2 style

but the problem is armors lose their uniqueness that way, right now you see someone in metal armor you know he has high laser resist, with custom armors this will no longer be a thing

and i dont want increased preperation time before each fight

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 01:50:34 PM »

We can make 5 DT and 5DR for each armor difrent start so you can put other DT and other DR but i dont think thets best idea,
armors will lose their uniqnes only in wey of example lether armor and comat armor could have same stats but they gain new uniqnes from stats so example you can make metal armor whit big explosiv resistence and it will gain yelowish color  or make lether armor more green cuz plasma
i dont get this about increasing prep time before each fight?

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 03:03:31 PM »

colored variants have to exist first, its a lot of work making them, especially if every armor has multiple colors

increased prep time:
right now if you lose your last armor you just buy or craft a new one

with your changes not only do you have to make or buy the armor, you also have to set its stats or insert addons before you can go fight

Still, i would want to see customizable items, maybe for the start not fully custom but only ways to change 1-2 item perks and see how it works out
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 03:09:10 PM by RazorRamon »

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 03:44:04 PM »

1.Colored variants have to exist first, its a lot of work making them, especially if every armor has multiple colors, GIMP PHOTOSHOP has just color change effect

2.Dude we newer craft items before fight you alwies have stored in base 50 armors so you just pick it up

3.Ye it would be nice start like i sead Cirn0 would have alot sleeples night xD

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 07:42:00 PM »

Nice idea but a very big but.

Someone will spend weeks colouring animations frame by frame and in the end only a few out of 10 gazillion armour configurations will prove viable and will be used . So you'll end up about the same diversity as there is now. Also you'll have to rework SPECIAL, perks and traits because obvious and then that 1 extra BROF on the armor will allow you to shoot DSR undeployed and there we have it, you should rework weapons as well. I'm all for more diversity in armour but it being customizable probably isn't the way to go.
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 11:50:41 PM »

Nice idea but a very big but.

Someone will spend weeks colouring animations frame by frame and in the end only a few out of 10 gazillion armour configurations will prove viable and will be used .
Theres a bunch of combat armor animation sets that are different color already, as for other armors, too bad.

Spoiler for Hiden:

and as for topic -1, seems like it will put more grind just to get better armor, and someone can lose armor very easily.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip