Author Topic: Zone of the day  (Read 4795 times)

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Zone of the day
« on: January 28, 2015, 06:42:15 AM »

It seems to me that 95% of all pvp nowadays occurs in the zones right next to the faction gates (Adams school, Vtec Enterprises, Eastern gate) and a few key locations (Polymer, Police, Gunrunners). When was the last time there was a good battle on hospital or on paradise valley? There were some battles on Library Park yesterday and they were a lot of fun.

Now what i suggest is that each day or week 1-3 zones are chosen at random that give for example 1.2x current ZC rewards while all other zones would only give 0.8x, promoting pvp in some of the lesser used zones.

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Zone of the day
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 07:10:41 AM »

It seems to me that 95% of all pvp nowadays occurs in the zones right next to the faction gates (Adams school, Vtec Enterprises, Eastern gate) and a few key locations (Polymer, Police, Gunrunners). When was the last time there was a good battle on hospital or on paradise valley? There were some battles on Library Park yesterday and they were a lot of fun.

Now what i suggest is that each day or week 1-3 zones are chosen at random that give for example 1.2x current ZC rewards while all other zones would only give 0.8x, promoting pvp in some of the lesser used zones.

I like this idea.

One of the more enjoyable fights recently was in Sun city.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 07:42:34 AM by Count Matthew »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 07:22:57 AM »

Other options : (not necessary cumulative)
- When a zone was taken, it cannot be took again for one hour.
- When you just took a zone, it become crowded by your militia for 30 min, then their population decrease during the next 30 min.
- You prevent people from entering Phoenix through the gates of other factions. (but still allow escape)
- The zone you take must be connected to your gate.
Let's say you are V-TEC, you can take Vault-Tec Enterprise. Then, if you took Enterprise, you are allowed to take Global Electrics/Rocbo/Gunn Runners. When you have Robco, you can take Maryland Avenue/Hospital/Sun City Grande. If you lose Robco, but have Hospital, you can keep it/defend it, but if someone take it from you, you have to take back Robco before taking Hospital back, because the link between Vault-Tec and Hospital was broken. If you want to take Adams, you first have to make your way through it by taking the zone that are between Vault-Tec and Adams.
(Kind of ONS game mode in UT2004. You have to take several connected nodes before being granted access to enemy HQ)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 07:25:24 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 07:32:02 AM »

While i agree that it makes sense and would also promote pvp in different zones. The connected requirement royally screws over some of the factions.

Zone posession dictates what items the heart merchant carries. So if you are a lawyer your merchant will practically never stock polymers and kevlars because taking Polymer Lab takes much more effort compared to other factions.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 07:39:06 AM »

Which can somehow be countered if there is more polymer in the zone itself, or some other way to extract them on site (manufacture/mining/trader) or if those stock are still available, but at higher price if you don't own the zone, as your HQ must buy them from family HQ.

But it also need a bit of balance to properly work. With the current numbers involved, the V-TEC/Family would probably keep taking Adams/Central City Village every days. With proper balance, most of the battles would take place in Centrals areas, while a few of them would happen on the sides.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 07:40:45 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 07:44:32 AM »

Connecting the zones to take them will result in the same status as now, you will only get to fight in the same zones in the middle of core, you're barely never have fights near gates as it would mostly be when a faction zerg the others so no fights anyway.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 07:50:51 AM »

Except that the middles zones are nine, while the entrance zones are only four.
You trade up 4 to 9, which change the situation a bit...

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 02:20:38 PM »

Yeah, zone of the day might be cool.

I've entertained the thought, and actually have it coded but not enabled that only neighbouring zones will be contestable.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 05:17:15 AM »

I've entertained the thought, and actually have it coded but not enabled that only neighbouring zones will be contestable.

It might be a good idea to enable it to refresh the ZC system a bit. (if it is already coded, of course)
It has been a month since Ramon message and 90% of the fights still happens in entry zones like vault-tec Enterprise, or zones directly close to entry zones.
(Sure my crew is doing it a lot, but i don't think they would mind doing it somewhere else. The whole point is PVP)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:22:47 AM by naossano »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip