Author Topic: Hunter trader  (Read 3388 times)

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Hunter trader
« on: October 18, 2014, 08:47:57 PM »

A new trader in each of the faction bases that sells "hunters" gear at a high price, his inventory could include;

Pelts of all varieties, chitin scraps, knives, bear traps, fibers, wood, basic leather armors and jackets, stealthboys and stealth guns.

In return he could buy high condition knives, stealth guns, stealthboys, bear traps and leather armors.

There are times when hunting for these mats personally is fine, but many times where convenience would be appreciated. The traders at the front of the bases and even the high reputation trader at times have these kinds of materials but it is infrequent and random, and I thought it would be nice to have an option to buy them in relative bulk (at a boosted price).

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter trader
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 11:53:42 PM »

Great idea +1

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 10:30:17 AM »

NO.Even though i would love to see it because i need those mats badly,no!It would make people even more lazy and just doing more assignments because they could buy everything,i mean everything with caps.This way people do trades for these kinds of materials and go hunt them in core or encounters.
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Stem Sunders

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 12:37:13 PM »

Agree with Porkchop on this one, I think it would definitely make people more lazy and prone to using assignments when it comes to gathering materials instead of gathering them or the money to get them from the core.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 12:53:10 PM »

Hmm, true enough points, but one does have to PvE to hunt for these materials, which likely will take them away from the core as well (RE hunting for mats).

It would sort of make more sense if you couldn't buy metal parts, junk or components etc (some of the traders sell these), as you have to loot the core to get these , whereas animals and critter based crafting mats can be farmed in relative safety (complete safety from other players).

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 01:58:54 PM »

Hmm, true enough points, but one does have to PvE to hunt for these materials, which likely will take them away from the core as well (RE hunting for mats).

It would sort of make more sense if you couldn't buy metal parts, junk or components etc (some of the traders sell these), as you have to loot the core to get these , whereas animals and critter based crafting mats can be farmed in relative safety (complete safety from other players).

As far as i know greatest income of junk,metal etc. is from weapons in assignments so not really,traders sell those but only if you control specific zones.I'd actually increase spawn rate of those "chitin scraps" monsters in phoenix.Would probably lure more people into zones.
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip