Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chinese Stealth Suit  (Read 10275 times)

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Stealth Suit
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2014, 11:33:52 PM »

- Permanent stealth ( All weapons gain silent strike ) but no bonus to stealth skill
Either completely useless or completely overpowered, depending on the reveal time that regular weapons would receive
Yep, i think the same about that

For me i would go with:
-No PE penalty and no sneak 5 secs penalty
-All strikes maded from behind (while sneak) have double critical chance
-You can enter sneak even in sigth of other players, and activating sneak AP cost reduced at half if wearing a silent weapon
Cons
-Consumes SEC (same rate as SB, take in mind the weight)
-Disabled by EMP

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 01:55:41 AM »

Out of the choices that cirno gave I would probably prefer - "No stealth penalty ( no PE loss, no armor bypass )"

That along with a weight threshold bump, or the suit providing a bonus to stealth (like the 25 from a jacket) would be really nice IMO.

But Ramons idea of resneaking after killing is quite cool, if it worked like bloodthirst (must kill while stealthed to get the buff). But then we are talking about the potential for psychopath, bloodthirst, sprinter and an instant stealth buff on kill stacking together, which seems OP, seems anyway ;)

Just to be different I really like the idea of being able to enter stealth while being looked at in the suit, that along with the "no stealth penalties" option would be really good (along with I assume decent armor provided by the suit).

Either that or no stealth penalty and insta sneak when you get a kill while stealthed.

Very powerful, but as ramon said, it is the sneaker/light equivalent to PA (in terms or tier, expense and rareness), so it should be good.

You could have a weaker and lower tier "camo suit" to accompany it, that works like the new camo kit and/or can be entered into stealth with no SEC drain (perma stealth, EMP kills temporarily). This one can keep the sneak debuffs (aside from -PE maybe?) and even have paperwall to balance it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:03:29 AM by mAdman »

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 04:41:03 AM »

- Instant (re)sneak when you land a kill. No matter if someone is looking at you or not. Something like this is what i always wished for when fighting in large ZCs, even if you kill the very last guy of a huge swarm, the rest of them will kill you during the reveal time on your weapon and then just defib the guy you killed.

Having to ability to resneak after a kill is totally unbalanced. The purpose would be to kill someone in a group then leave just like that because you cannot do that on ZC atm... Really ? Let's say there is a group of 10 people in core and you want to be able to kill them one by one without them being able to see you ? Even killing one and resneak should be out of question if nothing to cut los...

If you want to dispatch someone in the back of a fight during a ZC, well you just wait till they engage or get engaged, then you do your kill when you see them use their AP, you do your kill then you run away from them, cutting los. If they decide to follow you, they expose themselves to your friends. See ? Already balanced and useful... No need insta magic resneak after a kill that would just make sneak even more OP.

-You can enter sneak even in sigth of other players, and activating sneak AP cost reduced at half if wearing a silent weapon

Really ??

- Model suggests a combat armor with sneak capabilities. So this armor would be something a hybrid sneaker/fighter would wear. A leather jacket would still be better for a pure sneaker and a pure fighter would still want whatever armor has higher DT and DR, so what should this armor provide? --> DR and DT between combat leather coat and CA mk3, but when you get a kill with a sneak weapon you get a damage buff for a limited amount of time (something like all damage you inflict amplified by 50% for 2 minutes). If you think of the salvaged PA as a purely defensive armor option with several downsides then this would be its offensive counterpart

This one suggestion I agree with

Here, pick 1 out of the list of things i'm willing to give it:
- No stealth penalty ( no PE loss, no armor bypass )
- Permanent stealth ( All weapons gain silent strike ) but no bonus to stealth skill

I like both, but the first one seems better for me

paragon

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 06:21:07 AM »

I thought sneakers were rebalanced to be scouts?
So this armor suppose to make a combat sneaker. Then "No stealth penalty" fits more.

With Ramon suggestion playing with anything except such sneaker will be huge disadvantage.

Particularly offensive bonus like damage buff for killing is easily abusable.

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2014, 06:34:21 AM »

Yeah 50% is ofc too much OP, but with balanced values, having a sneak who is not afraid of fighting out of sneak can be nice (the condition was it to be as hard as PA to get)

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2014, 02:10:22 PM »

Really ??
Why not? its a dam 3 tier armor
I think it should provide mayor bonus for sneak builds and not for hybrid combat/sneak.
If the combat bonus can be used for a non sneak char, it will probably end as a generic fighter armor instead, may be only use sneak to approach and then fight like a regular char.

This way can be used for shoot then re-sneak and hide. with a weapon like a sniper rifle you will use lot of AP, and your opponents will have a chance to escape/heal before your AP regen again for a second round.
With silent weapons (that are generally low range) you can use the ability to re-sneak to escape after a kill.

This armor will still have a lot of counters, and probably a single char wont have a chance against small groups. A whole squad with stealth armors can be deadly, but remember that its a tier 3 armor.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:15:23 PM by SnowCrash »

paragon

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2014, 02:15:07 PM »

Sneakers lobby.

Pls, tier 3 E.M.P. grenade which insta burns users of such armor in the whole map.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2014, 09:51:34 PM »

How about just giving it a bloody mess trait? Being able to "kill for sure" is a very usefull thing, both to large scale zcs and solo play.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!
Pages: 1 [2]

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip