Author Topic: Aimed shot time length variations?  (Read 4077 times)

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Aimed shot time length variations?
« on: September 25, 2014, 06:20:11 PM »

What are the differences (if any) in taking a torso shot compared to eyes arms, legs, groin and eyes?

I ask because I'm wondering if leg shots extend the time taken to fire, In my thinking they shouldn't really take more than a torso shot as the mass is about the same , if not more in the legs (if you count hips), though they would be harder to hit admittedly.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Aimed shot time length variations?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 10:41:27 PM »

There are none, but this idea deserves some love, it'd actually be awesome if eye shots 'd take more time to shoot then any other ones, SINCE IT'S PRETTY HARD.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Ender

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 09:17:08 AM »

Eye shot are already difficult because you need to be in front of your ennemies. If not it will become a head shot.

The differences is ;
- Leg aim : you can crippled his leg - player no longer able to run
- Arm aim: you can broke is arm - player can drop it's weapon
- Eye aim : you can blind the players
- Groin : you can knock down the player

It's seems normal to take more time to aim than for a regular shot.
(Reading Myakot answer maybe I do not understand the question  right )

MuchaChota

• Wastelander
  • CERRA LOS OJOS Y ABRI LA BOCA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 10:49:34 PM »

I like the way that aim delay works right now, it gives enough momentum for jukes, sometimes its interesting uses of the enviroment and sometimes boring escapes using grid/ladders, but the point is that it adds a lot to the gameplay's dynamics.
What I would like to see is numbers behind such mechanics. Set times/animations for each of the aimed shots if theres any and such.

The issue for me is the inconsistency when shooting several aimed shots(all to the same region or changing, it happens in both cases). I tried a lot of methods to get better streams of fire like clicking as an insane, maintaining the click, timing few clicks, etc etc etc... but to no results. Sometimes you can get 3 aimed shots nice and fast, sometimes the toon lowers and raises the arm between shots, sometimes he keeps aiming and takes a lot more than usual to fire and more situations like that. I don't know if its cause lag or what, but it sucks hard
meta vino y porqueria

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 10:52:50 PM »

Tested it on M1C during countless assignments:
If you have tons of perks\trait that will decrease the cost of a shot (BROF etc) and your aimed eye-shot with an M1C is approx 70-71.
Than you should start hammering that attack command just about when you reach 25-30 AP, because that way, when your AP reaches 70+, your character won't aim, he will just straight-up shoot (like in every other FOnline) which gives you tons of advantage.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip