Author Topic: Disarming/Arming ones own traps  (Read 3540 times)

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Disarming/Arming ones own traps
« on: September 21, 2014, 04:15:06 AM »

Is there a way for the game to identify when you are disarming a trap that you have set, and possibly give a bonus if true. It makes sense that disabling a trap that you yourself had placed would be easier that one another had placed.

Edited in;

Another thing I've noticed is arming traps can be a real bitch under walls and the like, would there be a way to arm them in inventory, or arm them by standing on top and using a hotkey to activate (only a single mine) the mine and give you the chance to walk off the hex.

To avoid multiple mine exploiting, you could just make the first explode if someone tries to drop an active mine ontop of another, or if he tries to activate multiple stacked mines.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:34:31 PM by mAdman »

Doobee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Disarming ones own traps
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 06:08:09 AM »

Seeing your own traps from any distance would make more sense, disarming I dont see need to be easier only because you planted it.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 06:43:10 AM »

That is a good point, seeing them from much further away and through walls yes, good point.

I get what you are saying too about, but i mean that you know how you hid the trap and how you placed and rigged it, so it would be easier at least than disarming another mans trap.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 09:31:16 PM »

[SNIP]

**cough**
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:33:57 PM by mAdman »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip