Author Topic: Map Zooming  (Read 4162 times)

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Map Zooming
« on: September 19, 2014, 03:51:30 AM »

I know this is currently done by holding Z and scrolling with the mouse, but I have 2 questions regarding this function.

Firstly is there anyway I can set it so I don't have to hold down Z and just zoom the map by scrolling the mouse wheel? I checked the hotkeys and couldn't find anything.

Secondly is there anyway to set the zooming so that it "bumps" the camera as you zoom out? So it doesn't get stuck on map edges, forcing you to move the camera about before zooming further?

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Map Zooming
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:40:55 AM »

My mouse wheel is broken, so the only thing I could do is to tie zoom in\zoom out on my joystick ;DD, which is always plugged in case I want to do a 9999th run of DS.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

triqua

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 05:53:59 AM »

you can also zoom with holding Z and also using page up/down buttons on your keyboard

with autohotkey it should be possible to map the z+pageup / z+pagedown key kombination to mwheel up/down

the zooming problem is well known and at least it isnt that much a problem in AoP because core maps all have the same map size so you get used to scrolling there very fast. the more quadratic the map size is, more easier scrolling becomes.

maybe devs can write a script which moves the view to another point if outzooming cant be performed because view is set on the edge of a map
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 05:59:08 AM by triqua »

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 09:23:47 AM »

What is this autohotkey you speak of?

Thanks for the info :)

paragon

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 09:27:11 AM »

Google it, it'll be the first link