Author Topic: Being able to change facing while moving and/or a pivot mechanic  (Read 3479 times)

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Being able to change facing while moving and/or a pivot mechanic
« on: September 18, 2014, 09:38:29 AM »

Would it be possible and game friendly to add a hotkey that works similar to cone-firing (in that it follows the cursor position) that controls player facing?

While standing still would be nice (nicer and easier than the >< arrows IMO anyway) but also while walking, and to a small degree while running.

Walking backwards while covering friends who are moving forwards etc.

Again if this is already in game slap me upside the head with some logic and let me know how to do it pls. :D

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Being able to change facing while moving and/or a pivot mechanic
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 12:52:28 AM »

It's not in the game, and there are no sprite animations for your idea ;). I doubt it will be added.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 02:06:02 AM »

Well, I wouldn't expect new animations or sprites, just the same ones currently used. This would mean that it would appear the character was moonwalking when walking backwards, but hah, that would just be funny.

Really the main thing I want, if moving and changing facing are impossible. Is just a hotkey that points the PC in the direction the cursor is currently.

If I wanted to look behind myself quickly, instead of having to click to move somewhere to point in that direction or use < or >, you just hover the mouse over a hex behind your character, hit the hotkey, and he will spin to face this direction (or the closest of the 4 possible dirctions).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 02:08:21 AM by mAdman »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 02:09:13 AM »

I understood you perfectly the first time, it's just that I think this idea will be really hard to implement ;).
But it would make this server even better (I don't know of similar mechanics on any of the current\past servers).
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 02:18:53 AM »

Heh, I wasn't sure if the wording in the first post showed exactly what I was looking for, so I just thought I'd reiterate. :)

And it would be perfect in this no TB scenario, for combat, for scouting and for watching a post etc, i hate having to move my hand across the keyboard or off the mouse just to change facing. ;)

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip