Author Topic: Fastest way to earn caps?  (Read 6168 times)

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
Fastest way to earn caps?
« on: October 16, 2014, 01:46:05 AM »

Me and my squad want to get a base but were only at 5000 caps out of 15000, scavenging is becoming really dangerous and time consuming and missions don't earn you that much. IS there a better way?

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Fastest way to earn caps?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 02:31:27 AM »

Assignments is the best way currently, A+ and further, you'll get 450 caps average and tons of loot
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 02:58:16 AM »

High level assigs are quite good. I don't do anything below S, through.
Try to trade more in your base to get higher persuasion, it helps a bit.
Alternatively, go scav in Warmart, its full of stuff you can sell to the junk trader. Junk is how I get most of my money these days. Bring food for maximum scaving.
Some items can also be crafted and sold to shops, I heard mega power fist is good for this.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 03:09:53 AM »

Something I didn't realise at the start that seems so obvious in retrospect; all of the "inside" shops will generally buy what they sell, with the exception of the ammo trader. I.E. guns (in 30% or better condition) you can sell to the gun trader, armors to the armor, but more importantly; medical supplies, drugs and stealthboys can be traded to the basic medical supply for any caps he might have and obviously for the drugs and medical supplies you need.

The problem with doing this is you get only a small percentage of the items actual value (30% i think?) and at the end of the day, even if it is something you don't use it will be something somebody else does. So whether you want to just save items for player to player trades, or sell them for less than their worth is situational. For example i sold almost all of my stimpacks at one occasion when I saw the medical trader had 5000 caps in her inventory, that's about 10 A+ or S class missions worth of caps, but i got most of those stimpacks from doing vast amounts of missions in the past.

Assignments are easy and fun enough to do for a while, but after your 50th it becomes a bit of a chore to massacre poor farmers with superior firepower, so checking the traders for caps can prove less time consuming in the long run.

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 08:40:24 AM »

do high level assignment and loot warmart

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 09:00:57 AM »

A good way is to loot and sell that loot or craft weapons and armors and keep caps for ammo.
The best way is for someone else to scavenge the good stuff then kill them on the way out. 

Assignments are easy and fun enough to do for a while, but after your 50th it becomes a bit of a chore to massacre poor farmers with superior firepower, so checking the traders for caps can prove less time consuming in the long run.

Surely we play different games.

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 09:27:58 AM »

Getting to War mart has become way to dangerous. its just so far away from the BB gate :/

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 09:42:40 AM »

Something I didn't realise at the start that seems so obvious in retrospect; all of the "inside" shops will generally buy what they sell, with the exception of the ammo trader.
I recenlty found that the ammo trader build stacks of ammo (you can get them mostly in police department), but it didnt buy low tier ammo (shotgun shells, flamer fuel, etc)

baskila

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 11:09:27 AM »

Getting to War mart has become way to dangerous. its just so far away from the BB gate :/
Don't allow the carebear mentality to get to you. This is what all new players say "oh no, lets stay in base because we'll loose shit" (crap may I add).
Get over this. The point is to go out there and die. Die again and learn something in the process. Gear is abundant and easy to get. Look at it as gaining experience but in term of real life knowledge of how to play the game.
If you need help come join the Family and we'll sort you out and share with you what we know.
Don't be a carebear, go out there, loot, kill or die trying.

Deathproof

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 11:16:02 AM »

Armors - craft them , money saved
Weapons - craft them, money saved
Misc items (like stealhboy, drugs) - use stimpacks to trade for them
Ammo - loot green crates (PD,eastern square, bio lab, no sure where else) but you'll have to spend money for it from time to time - its pretty cheap tho....
Scavenge that junk items (trophies guitars and such) and you'll find a npc in your base to sell them to.

Assignments will only make it a repeating boring task, so its up to you how to earn it.

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 11:39:28 AM »

I'm just gonna alternate from place to place while scavenging then, Thanks :D

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 02:13:31 PM »

I'm just gonna alternate from place to place while scavenging then, Thanks :D

Sure and I will be looking for you.

Poor Ernie

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 11:48:43 PM »

If you want to not have fun and grind, go for assignments. If you want to have fun, go scavenge and arm yourself.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip