Author Topic: some container suggestions  (Read 5964 times)

Takahashi

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
some container suggestions
« on: December 27, 2014, 04:39:23 PM »

Firstly can we please have a sort container option? It might seem OCD but when I have a bunch of items in a container I would really like to be able to hit a button to sort them so all similar items are adjacent. What the order is doesn't really matter so just alphanumeric.

Original Order:
AK47
M16
AK47
Minigun
M16
AK47

Sorted Order:
AK47
AK47
AK47
M16
M16
Minigun

Ideally it would also take into account the condition of the item too, from perfect to garbage:

Original Order:
Perfect AK47
Bad M16
Cool AK47
Perfect Minigun
Perfect M16
Perfect AK47
Garbage AK47

Sorted Order:
Perfect AK47
Perfect AK47
Cool AK47
Garbage AK47
Perfect M16
Bad M16
Perfect Minigun

Secondly is it a deliberate decision not to allow you to perform actions on items in a container?
eg unload a weapon or turn ammo box into ammo without taking it out of a container.

when my inventory is nearly full I want to be able to get the ammo out of a weapon that is to heavy for me to pick without having to drop something in the mean time.

Thirdly, what do people think about changing the behaviour of the take all button. If you don't have the capacity to take everything, should it take nothing as it does now? Or should it take what it can starting from the top of the list and working its way down until you get to an item that would put you over the limit?

Stem Sunders

Re: some container suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 04:51:47 PM »

Its been suggested before some time ago, I think a "sort" option (even a basic one) would be a nice helpful addition. +1
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Changing the "take all" button to take as much as you can carry however, is a neat idea in theory but in practice may prove just as annoying imo.

E.g
What exactly would it remove from your container?
As many items as you can carry starting from the top?

"Oh it didnt take what I wanted now I have to put all this stuff it did take back before I can take what I originally wanted."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly, After taking strongback/horder perk (I forget) none of it will matter to you.
The perk allows you to carry as much as you want as long as you're in base.

I understand its annoying having to drop an item before you can take one out of a container, and it would be handy to have the ability of loading/unloading weapons without first removing them from the container. But I don't see these necessary.

In the meantime try to see it as learning item and inventory management, its handy to know how many cookies and condoms you can carry around. :D

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 05:05:51 PM by Stem Sunders »

paragon

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 05:21:12 AM »

> Secondly is it a deliberate decision not to allow you to perform actions on items in a container?
I think it's engine limitation, probably with workarounds possible to change, but not a trivial change.

> Or should it take what it can starting from the top of the list and working its way down until you get to an item that would put you over the limit?
Taking everything you can instead of not taking anything sounds good for me. But again, most probably it'll take engine workarounds.

I wanted to create containers which will take some type of equipment from you (e.g. small guns if not gonna gonna introduce own factor to differentiate by (item groups)) for fast sorting, think I can handle it. It can solve problem partially.

paragon

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 11:00:49 AM »

Good news, you should see both ordering and ammo-unpacking functions with the next server update.

Although I like the idea about Take All being Take All That you can I can't seem to make it optionable straight forward, and probably not everyone would like this change to be for everyone.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 02:35:31 PM »

Yeahh, it will be an awesome addition I'm sure.

Good news  :D

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 03:22:08 PM »

if you have more than one box of ammo in your inventory they may as well unpack automatically ..right?

also, how great would it be if there was a hotkey to move a stack instead of dragging.
I like the idea of moving as much as possible onto the keyboard. I want a button for 'all' and a button for 'check'. I know enter works sometimes but not all the time. maybe I am wrong .. its beeeen toooo long
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 03:30:42 PM by twat »

paragon

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 04:04:57 PM »

What's the button for 'check'?

Give me good ideas for everything that should be moved to keyboard.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 04:21:36 PM by paragon »

Stem Sunders

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 04:21:46 PM »

What's the button for 'check'?

I think he means the little accept button.

I never had a problem with enter working.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 04:24:39 PM by Stem Sunders »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 11:02:27 PM »

Enter is too 'Casul.'
Ctrl+Lclick is much moar pro, it shows our difference from console peasants.

Inspired by modern reviews.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 11:31:25 AM »

i would like the option to control+Lclick instead of dragging. dragging is silly unless there is more than one place to move the item into. then make the binding for all be near the enter key/add it to the list of configurable controls. auto sort will be leet. Also, if it were possible to use the hotkeys for sci and eng (7 and 8) while the inventory was open, I would like that.

paragon

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 12:22:11 PM »

I understood everything except enter thing, it's already done.
Have some issues with lockers for now though, but hopefully it'll work again.

Aah, keybindings. Well, yeah, I'm using Autohotkey for e.g. pushing a person. It's bad.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:00:22 PM by paragon »

docHOLIDAY

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 09:35:11 PM »

There should be a 'place all' (or equivalent) button, as sometimes I want to dump all my loot, this would synergize with the 'sort' button as you could dump then sort. It also helps those accidental misclicks on 'take all' when in a rush.

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 09:41:09 PM »

there is place all

alt+ leftclick a container

docHOLIDAY

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 11:24:51 PM »

there is place all

alt+ leftclick a container