Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: An Attack On V-Tec (Ill never forget the day)  (Read 11834 times)

Stem Sunders

An Attack On V-Tec (Ill never forget the day)
« on: September 18, 2014, 12:42:15 AM »

(This is a long one, If you dont want to read thats fine it is a rather big text wall. Some great screens at the end.)

Ill never forget the day, some would call it a mistake others would claim it to be the finest operation ever to take place it this shit hole.

It all started with a fuzzy comm relay, the message kept repeating itself...
"Brothers, Sisters, rally to me we will take the north in the name of the family"

The voice was distorted but unmistakably that of recently appointed Commander Stribe. Well not officially appointed but when he calls the brothers come together, his prowess in battle strikes fear into the heart of of our enemies. His tactics only become clear once the oppressors lay bloody at our feet.

I immediately suited up, my favorite set of armor it fits just right.
Looking to the right, I lunged Grabbing my shiniest combat shotgun in one hand and as much ammo as I could carry with the other. I left my room acknowledging the guard posted at the door with a slight nod, "Malcolm" I think he's called.
I made a beeline straight for the lift while stuffing my tactical pouches with the 12G buckshot.
Stepping inside the lift I gently tapped for G1 with my elbow, as my hands were now busy loading shells into the chamber of my weapon.

"DING" down we go, I thought enthusiastically. Upon arriving on the ground floor I stepped out, fully loaded and ready to "Take the north" I made my way outside towards the neon sign I saw there commander Stribe briefing the other brothers that had already received the call, there was about ten of us in total, some new faces and some not so new.

"Jimmy you're late, fall in" Stribe said quickly.
"What's the plan, we taking Robco" I asked as I made my way into formation.
"Even better" Standing there just behind Stribe was my old friend Solid, we have been through some pretty rough shit together he quickly explained that Robco is small fry to what the commander had planned.
His exact words are hazy now but it was something along the lines of "V-Tec, Mole, infiltration...We have a way in"
I fell silent for a second and wondered if it possible to infiltrate the vault that has evaded even the most experienced trackers and spies. I looked at Stribe, then back at Solid they both stayed stern and nodded assuring me this was no joke and of course I trust my elders.
"Shouldnt we tell the Godfather" I said while looking back to the commander
"No time, we MUST go now before the mole is found" he replied with haste "Everyone follow me, to victory, for the family" Stribe cried
Then with a great roar of V-Tec insults, we made our way for the gates.

The journey to the core was relatively quick we ran all the way only stopping briefly to inject a quick hit of Jet.
You have to understand, by this point in the journey the idea of us never coming out of this had crossed everyone's mind and the stash of drugs Steve keeps with him was looking more and more enticing.
We soon arrived at a manhole, one by one we made our way down. Once we were all inside the sewers the commander informed us that on the other side waited the mole and "Anyone that fires will promptly lose their ability to breath"
Everyone nodded in confirmation and we quickly made our way through the stinking tunnels of phoenix.

Once we reached the other side sure enough there she was, the mole Stribe had spoken about. Stood there in a clean jumpsuit she clutched a spear in one hand and looked at our faces one by one
"A Lot of men" she exclaimed
"Of course, we won't get this chance again" replied the commander
I was sure I recognised the girl from somewhere but it was dark in the tunnels and I couldn't be sure.
"Ok boys, stay close and watch each others back. There's no going back now"
And with those words the commander gave the girl a nod and she led the way out of the tunnels back up into the wastes. I remember the sun hitting my eyes, it burned for a while but my visor helped a little. I took this chance to take a closer look at our friend in blue. I was sure, one hundred percent that I had seen her somewhere before but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

It wasn't long before we arrived at a cave, "This is it" the girl said "Follow me". The next thing I remember was being stood in a bright metallic corridor, with blinking lights everywhere. We all stood stunned looking at one and other wondering what to do now, we had made it in undetected.

"I must go now" the girl whispered in a hurry, and with that she was gone, she made a quick exit back the way we had come.
I dont blame her for leaving for what happened next will haunt me for a long time to come.

Just as the doors closed behind the girl, at the opposite side of the corridor a lift suddenly activated
"POSITIONS, COVER THE DOORS WE END THIS NOW" commander Stribes  orders we're met before he had even finished barking them. Weapons pointed at every door and with no immediate escape...I was sure this would be our last stand.

"DING" The lift doors opened, standing there was a man in the same blue suit that our mole had been wearing. He stopped and he looked down the corridor to all the weapons pointed his way. He placed one hand out in front of him and squeaked one word "Wait"...Nobody waited.
We all opened fire in a barrage, the man was quickly minced, his blood decorating the surrounding blue tinted metal a now light shining red.

"WARNING BASE ON LOCKDOWN, WARNING, SECURITY TO HF2, THIS IS NOT A DRILL, REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL"

So that was it, we had raised the alarm and they knew we were here.
Just as soon as the alarm had been raised three security bots filed in through the south door and opened fire, their small lasers were little match for our armor and they were quickly dispatched.

With no time to breath they were followed by four V-Tecs, this time they were no longer in blue suits but instead wearing armor and armed with rifles. However once again the moment they stepped through the door they were obliterated in a hail of family vengeance. This carried on for some time, they would throw men at us and they would die defending their precious "impenetrable" vault.

The offense stopped for a brief moment allowing the men to reload and take another hit of Jet.
By this time the blood was up to my boot laces, the drainage grates at either side of the corridor were overflowing and I could see the concerned face of the commander in a reflection.
"Its too quiet" he said
"Maybe we got them all" Solid replied optimistically.
The commander let out a scof and turned to the door at the east side of the corridor He paused, and began to raise his weapon.

Then...I heard it too, There was a revving sound getting louder and louder it was getting closer.
Before we could react, a sudden extreme droning was heard coming from the adjacent corridor along with screams. What followed was total chaos.
A second later a brute in metal armor walked around the corner wielding the biggest cannon I have ever seen
I never understood why they call it a "Minigun".

My eyes widened as he let loose spraying the entire corridor until the weapon was empty. I saw two brothers fall in the attack, I too fell into the pooling blood taking major damage to my arms and chest, My armor was pretty much useless now and the pain was excruciating.
When the firing had stopped Steve revealed himself from cover and removed the gunners head with perfect accuracy. I looked to the left to see Solid rushing over to me with a stimm and bandages in hand.

The waves seemed to have stopped for the moment giving us enough time to tend to the wounded. As I made my way down the corridor, injecting my brothers with stims as I go, I noticed that commander Stribe was not among us. I quickly rushed to the doorway from which the gunner had appeared and there on the other side. lay the body of our commander face down in the pool of blood he had sought after so much.

The men that remained looked to brother Solid and tactician Blasma for guidance, we agreed an escape would be our best option.
The rest is so hazy, a mix of Jet and adrenaline will do that I suppose.
The next thing I remember Is being stood swaying from side to side blood soaked as the Godfather spoke to us, He had us report to him one by one. I wont tell you what he said but I had never been so scared of a man in my life. I was worried I would end up in the irradiated swamps with a pair of concrete boots.

Afterwards I reported to the doctor to get cleaned up, and while she was removing my fragmented bones and bullet shards it gave me a long time to think.

It was the greatest operation to ever take place in this shit hole, It was also a mistake...

(INSPIRED BY in-game events, YES I know it was a bug I did report it but the opportunity for RP was too great, I wasnt gonna go through with it at first but it turned out to be really fun
PROPS TO THE GUY WITH THE MINIGUN. You seriously messed us up GJ for tackling a lot of us by yourself)

(Once again V-tecs name is retained )
(Thank you to the multi colored great ones for not jailing me indefinitely, even though they soooo could :3 )
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:41:59 AM by Stem Sunders »

Gimper

• Wastelander
  • Your Loving Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: An Attack On V-Tec (Ill never forget the day)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 12:55:04 AM »

Epic. Epic to say the least. Very well done Jimbo! I lol'd a few times to my self as I remembered the events. "Removed the gunners head with perfect accuracy." Love it Jimmy, swell job!
Things just got worse.

good guy

• Wastelander
  • its fun to be scared sometimes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 01:09:33 AM »

were do you come up with this stuff jimmy? this is great
watch these 2 videos when you feel down
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Gimper

• Wastelander
  • Your Loving Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 01:15:41 AM »

were do you come up with this stuff jimmy? this is great
This actually happened....
Things just got worse.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 01:53:40 AM »

Thanks for the kind words guys :D. The bronies love feels nice.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:25:33 AM by Stem Sunders »

triqua

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 03:18:21 AM »

haha nice :) can you explain what exactly happened (if the bug is fixed already)

Stem Sunders

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 03:24:37 AM »

haha nice :) can you explain what exactly happened (if the bug is fixed already)

Bug was reported right before the attack and fixed immediately after, I took some flak from a couple of team members for reporting but a bug is a bug even if it is funny.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:26:14 AM by Stem Sunders »

triqua

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 03:29:27 AM »

yeah but was was the bug? that you were able to tag players of other factions?

Stem Sunders

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 03:31:51 AM »

yeah but was was the bug? that you were able to tag players of other factions?

At first I was told a family member could see the base but it turns out I think you are correct it was the tagging of enemy faction members that was the only reason we gained entry. Although I can't be sure as I don't know if we could tag enemy members before.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:37:28 AM by Stem Sunders »

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 05:36:41 AM »

Ive heard reports of people tagging other factions before, i remember having 3 or so lawyers running around the vault one time though they had no gear.

Armadingo

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 07:28:49 AM »

Why is it always our base, does everyone want to live in a vault?
I guess success breeds jealousy.

Simms

• Wastelander
  • CHEEKI BREEKI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 09:55:09 AM »

At first I was told a family member could see the base but it turns out I think you are correct it was the tagging of enemy faction members that was the only reason we gained entry. Although I can't be sure as I don't know if we could tag enemy members before.
Bah. There were reports several days ago that a character that had switched the factions (BB to Vtec), and somehow had positive (over 10k) rep with both of the factions (the previous one and the current one), was seeing both factions' bases and wasn't attacked by NPCs of his previous faction neither in the core nor on the base levels. You could just tag him at your base en masse and arrive to the enemy base with no additional movements required.

My guess is that the faction-switching situation needs to be revised once again.
It's all fun and games until someone catches an olive.

catstevens

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 09:57:27 AM »

snitches get stiches

Stem Sunders

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 10:03:30 AM »

Bah. There were reports several days ago that a character that had switched the factions (BB to Vtec), and somehow had positive (over 10k) rep with both of the factions (the previous one and the current one), was seeing both factions' bases and wasn't attacked by NPCs of his previous faction neither in the core nor on the base levels. You could just tag him at your base en masse and arrive to the enemy base with no additional movements required.

My guess is that the faction-switching situation needs to be revised once again.

Thats also known, once you leave a faction you gain mass rep for the immediate enemy of the faction you left, It does indeed need revision.

This is the first time I saw/heard of anybody actually doing it though "Bah".

Stem Sunders

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 10:05:27 AM »

snitches get stiches

Talkers get walkers, what's your point :p

Its a story that came from a bug, the bug needed to be snitched.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 10:07:07 AM by Stem Sunders »

Simms

• Wastelander
  • CHEEKI BREEKI
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 10:27:45 AM »

Well then, dontcha think it sounds more natural than 10+ players of one faction tagging a loner from another one somewhere in the town, do you? :)

Stem Sunders

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 12:41:46 PM »

Well then, dontcha think it sounds more natural than 10+ players of one faction tagging a loner from another one somewhere in the town, do you? :)

I'm not trying to be rude, but I have no idea what that means.
This is a true story, it actually happened. I just tried to make it sound like less of a game event/bug and more of a real life thing.

You we're saying its no big deal because people knew about it. I'm saying while that may be true I nor anybody else in the family had a clue until last nights patch. I still don't understand what you're getting at :s

What's more natural than 10 players tagging a "Spy"? Not a stranger.
We actually did that, please for my benefit please explain a little more on what you mean.

I'm afraid that i am being a little dim right now and missing your point entirely.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:46:58 PM by Stem Sunders »

Gimper

• Wastelander
  • Your Loving Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 12:56:34 PM »

What? I cannot comprehend the point you're trying to make. Please explain.
Things just got worse.

Simms

• Wastelander
  • CHEEKI BREEKI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 02:39:31 PM »

The point is, there'll be at least several ways to repeat this thing again and again unless the rep system gets a fix.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 02:52:11 PM »

Hmmmm....We will have to see.
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip